The weather ?

bristolman

1 hour ago, Sandgroper said:

Looks like things are finally looking up for you all enduring that crappy UK weather a whole 7c today, get the roof down and shorts on B|

Met Office forecasters said temperatures could climb to as high as 7C for parts of Wales and the South West on Saturday, with rain replacing the snow that has blighted Britain for much of the past week.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-forecast-latest-snow-storm-emma-updates-cold-temperature-live-a8237946.html

Still funny for a select 1!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

the last few days have been just like the winters of old ... As you know not a fan.

the Scandinavians have really been taking the piss .. " all this" beast from the east "

stuff .

seeing all the bad driving ....broken down vehicles has give them a real laugh ,at our usual lack of preparation for snow .....they have 6 months of this a year.

my sibling is over in holiday from oz , moaning about driving standards from the young ,in the snow .

I had to point out , a 25 yr old , passing his or her test at age 18 , may never have driven in snow ....think about that .

its a temporary slowing of the jet stream ....hopefully it is temporary

After passing my driving test the first time I drove in snow was aged 18 it was driving from Oslo airport to Lillehammer in a minibus carrying about 10 from memory it was a breeze.

2 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

After passing my driving test the first time I drove in snow was aged 18 it was driving from Oslo airport to Lillehammer in a minibus carrying about 10 from memory it was a breeze.

you are amazing!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wa7 said:

Nothing to do with guardiolas, Toots could mange city at the moment and they would still be flying ?

I don't know about that wa7 ...barcelona and Bayern Munich spring to mind ...well he's up.against other clubs ,with teams equally as good as city ,in the champs lge qtr finals ..lets see how they get on ,

because just having great players isn't enough

3 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Not for many. We still have over half a meter and still snowing. We are on an amber alert all today for snow. Had about 3cm today. 

Well in fairness I can only comment on my own situation and Scotland very much has its own weather patterns ;)

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Not for many. We still have over half a meter and still snowing. We are on an amber alert all today for snow. Had about 3cm today. 

Stay safe!

You wouldn't of even known it had snowed here. The remains of a snowman over the road but that's it.

Where are you? 

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Stay safe!

You wouldn't of even known it had snowed here. The remains of a snowman over the road but that's it.

Where are you? 

verystormy is in Scotland.  All my friends there are still under deep snow.

My SIL & BIL are in Hertford and they said it was cold and raining yesterday.  Never mind I'm sure better weather is on its way.  :)

Edited by Toots
  • Sad 1