Guest heljef1
Sal, did you not meet Nicky for filming ??

We met Nadia at Australia House to film the start and end of our show ,,this time Nicky came here to the house. Both are lovely ladies with a fab sense of humor and are much more 'grounded' than one would imagine a TV star to be.

Cal x

Have you been on the show twice???

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made the pilot of series one which was shown half way through series 1 and have just filmed a revisited which i think they are showing at the end of this current series, my friend on the Gold Coast also filmed a revisted too, she did a revisited year before last so this is her 3 rd time,lol.

Cal x

Guest heljef1

What a great show today. the family were so positive and even when they got the messages from family and friends they still remained positive. Made better viewing and really glad they're gonna follow their dream......

Good on ya sal, all the best xxx

Aaaahh Sal your kids are adorable especially your youngest son, he seems such a little character.. Really enjoyed watching your episode this AM, Didn't think Gem was going for it, right up until you met the other couple......But I think their attitude was spot on " Its what you make it".. I feel you'll do well out there All the very best for your exciting future.

Su

That was brilliant Sal!

Your kids were great.... so well behaved. Mine would have run riot, especially when rolling camera!

You looked like you all really enjoyed it and got alot out of it. I thought you were both very openminded and optimistic, even when faced with the inevitable hurdles. The amount of people that hit a glitch and say 'Ah, thats it then, we can't go!'. It drives me mad.

Your very much like me in that you fell in love with Australia whilst travelling in my 20's and are the driving force behind the adventure. Hubby is trusting my judgment on this one, which is very brave.

Was it as good for you when you went back? Travelling is very free and it worries me that my judgement is clouded.

So I'm dying to know where you are up to in the process...can you tell us now.

So, congratulations on the show and best of luck with it all.

Melanie x

Hi,

For the last couple of days I've been trying to watch WDU on iPlayer but I get an error, something like "Thsi content is not available at the moment,please try later", other shows work, has anyone else been able to watch it?

Ta!

Guest guest33730
Hi,

For the last couple of days I've been trying to watch WDU on iPlayer but I get an error, something like "Thsi content is not available at the moment,please try later", other shows work, has anyone else been able to watch it?

Ta!

Yep - I had the same problem on Monday so tried downloading it instead, when I did it said I needed to update my 'Adobe' and gave me the link when I did that I was able to download it but also since then it has let me watch the other episodes without downloading.

Hope that helps

Daniel

Hi,

Ta!

Hi

I had the same trouble and had to download it.

Jules

Guest Supermidwife

I only have a problem with Wednesdays episode. All others have been fine but I keep getting a message saying content has an error!!! How frustrating.

I only have a problem with Wednesdays episode. All others have been fine but I keep getting a message saying content has an error!!! How frustrating.

Thanks, I hadn't realised it was just Wednesdays - tried recording that one but no luck, using several different downloaders including the official one.

Guest sal 222

Hi.........Thanks so much for your comments.......Yes we are moving to the Byron area in September!

I am so fortunate to have such a open minded husband....Jem has even found a great job teaching CBT at a local University in the Northern Rivers. I will build up a private practice working with children and Adults doing CBT......it is all working out so well. By the way that beautiful house is for sale if anyone out there has the cash!

Hi there, first time posting here. Saw the show this morning and thought you all came across really well! I wish you the best of luck with your move, we are hoping to be in the same area too, having lived in byron for a year and a half fairly recently. Not the cheapest place in world is it! But I have a lot of good friends there (saw a couple of familiar faces on your show this morning!) and it's where we want to be. So thanks for the kick up the butt, I'm going to ask a few visa based questions on the other boards now!! GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

Hi.........Thanks so much for your comments.......Yes we are moving to the Byron area in September!

I am so fortunate to have such a open minded husband....Jem has even found a great job teaching CBT at a local University in the Northern Rivers. I will build up a private practice working with children and Adults doing CBT......it is all working out so well. By the way that beautiful house is for sale if anyone out there has the cash!

I am sat watching your show now.... put it on as soon as I got in from work....and just couldn't stop myself from coming on here to see what you voted LOL!!!!

That house is GORGEOUS!!!! Now if I were to win the lottery tonight ....:jiggy:

Right ... back to watching the rest of your show...

Have only managed to watch 1/2 of the show so far but as soon as the kids are in bed I will be watching the rest. I think I saw up to you doing the fitness stuff, I do something similar to that here in the UK and have been wondering if they did anything like that in Aus, am glad they do but not sure about the 5.30 am start, although at least it will be out of the way nice and early.

Think you came across really well, absolutely loved the house were you were staying, was lovely, can't believe it is up for sale.

Byron bay looks lovely, so friendly and relaxed with some gorgeous houses too. Anyhow, will pop back on once I have seen the rest of the show, lovely to put a face to the poster.

Sx

Well you should be proud of yourselves and your lovely children, the way you all handled yourselves, in presumably fairly awkward circumstances, was great!!!!

I am an old fashioned biddy, which is why I thought it good to see your children happily amusing themselves, but willing to speak to camera when asked.

Great! Lovely!

The outcome of you finding jobs and being able to go so quickly (relatively) is the icing on the cake.

Thankyou for sharing it all with us, certainly looking forward to your updates...........

Cheers Pam

Guest Chilly

Sal and family,

We only started watching Wanted Down Under this week as we've been snowed in nearly all week! :biggrin:

My children, 8 and 11, watch the programme every day with us and even they said today that you all had a really sensible attitude!!

Am really pleased that you have found a way to move out there - good luck!!!

Chilly

Guest sal 222

you must get in touch......as we are moving to the same area...wondering who it is you know? Perhaps private message me and we can exchange emails.......all the best, sally

Guest sal 222

Hi Cal - no we didn't meet Nicky as they don't do that bit at the beginning any more - i think to save a bit of cash!.......the format is quite different now...look froward to seeing your revisited,

all the best, sally

Hi Sally,

Feeling the pressure now as everyone loves your programme and we are next!!! Sorry missed it this morning will sit down and watch it late. Only saw the last couple of mins but was sitting in A and E at the time (Jack has fluid on his hip????) and could not hear what was being said.

Glad to know you are going to make the move, looking forward to your revisited, which Matt will be able to do next year!!!

Be in touch,

From the very worried Tina

Guest guest33730

Just finished watching todays episode - I thought it was one of the best yet. Sal I thought you all came across as genuine and a wonderful family. I wish you all the best on your adventure later in the year

Daniel

p.s. One of my twins was particularly interested as he is coming with us to Adelaide to start his degree course as a Clinical Psychologist

Sal

It really was a great show.... and you know what I have to say how refreshing to see your "loved ones" encouraging you to do "what's best for YOUR family and what makes you happy" instead of begging you not to leave them etc etc...your mum was fab!

I know everyone is different...but it can't be easy when your family don't support you.... fortunately our family are great too ... they have said they will miss us etc etc but totally understand and support OUR decision for OUR family!

And I am so pleased you got Jem and board and that he has a job lined up too!!!! I bet September can't come quick enough lol!!!

Absolutely loved the show today Sal, your family are a credit to you.

Loved the area you stayed in, gorgeous, must go google that house, im a nosey cow. What sort of price range do I have to put in, lol.

One of the best WDU's ive seen in a long while.

Want to wish you and your family all the best for your new life down under.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Cal - no we didn't meet Nicky as they don't do that bit at the beginning any more - i think to save a bit of cash!.......the format is quite different now...look froward to seeing your revisited,

all the best, sally

Hi Sally, great show I wish you all the best with your new life in Australia

Geoffrey

Archived