SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Is a 5mb file big or small? Is it a problem for attaching most files? ( I'm only semi computer literate!!)

For a single document scan 5mb is large. In otherwords the biggest size file would probably be a scan of a passport. More detail the bigger the file. Smaller files are quicker to upload and download to peoples computers.

I didn't submit my application online but no, you only have to scan your page with your details on it. It's really just proof of your British citizenship; another form of ID. Also, you can reduce the size of your file if necessary. (Possible option - go to file - save as - reduced size pdf) I produce documents on a daily basis that are over 100 pages long and are under 5mb, you'll be fine.

I didn't submit my application online but no, you only have to scan your page with your details on it. It's really just proof of your British citizenship; another form of ID. Also, you can reduce the size of your file if necessary. (Possible option - go to file - save as - reduced size pdf) I produce documents on a daily basis that are over 100 pages long and are under 5mb, you'll be fine.

Thanks, that's good to know. I thought I'd read somewhere about having to copy each page but that's much better!

I am an Australian British dual national intending to move to WA later this year. Can anyone confirm if I will face problems if I knowingly intend to immigrate to Australia with my wife who is a British without having applied for a VISA prior to arrival?

I have time to apply, but I wonder if it is sensible to apply first and travel with permission rather than arrive first?

Any opinions welcome.

Guest tearsofred

Hi guys,

New here but have been reading for a while.

I live in Oz and my partner is from Ireland which is processed through the London processing centre.

We applied for a PMV 300 on 12th August, 2014 and were told it would be 10-14 months waiting time. CO was assigned on 14th August and my partner was requested to obtain health and character checks after 12th February so he will do that next month.

The waiting is killing me! How do you guys handle it?!

It's good to see so many people have already have visas granted this year.

Congratulations to those that have and hang in there to those still waiting!

I have only directly emailed KP once, and I received a response in about an hour. I have PM'ed you the email address.

hey Jonno

My visa is about due and KP is my CO - would you mind sending me his email too?

You may live to regret your helpfulness .?

Hi,

I've also been keeping track of posts, but just joined! My husband has been back in Oz for a year - we applied when it was still only nine months processing (CO assigned on the 13th July) but as we had a hold up putting the application in, it has been a long wait and still waiting!!! It's really hard - you just have to take it one day at a time and not get too obsessed with checking email :-). We were told in November that it was being processed but the CO has asked us not to contact her to ask about processing times - fair enough as she must have a lot of them!

Has anyone had it come through earlier than expected??

Hi all .... Lodged partner visa on 31/12/2014.... Case officers assigned 23/1/15, more info required , submitted yesterday 25/1/2015.. Response today was no further documents required, Medicals and police checks after the 30 June .... Happy days ;-)

What was the extra stuff they required? ( if you don't mind me asking!)

Hiya, not written on here for ages. Tomorrow is 8 months for me so let obsessive email checking commence! good to see lots of people are getting their grants through, it definitely gives hope to the rest of us :) x

Hi sophielouise,

I'm only a day behind you so I'll be constantly watching my emails.

Wish they could come though on the 8 month mark not the 9 month.

good luck

Hi all,

I submitted my application in London on 28th April 2014, they said it would take 8-9 months and they were spot on. It was granted a week ago, after a wait of 8 months and 3 weeks and we fly tonight! Woohoo!

If you're waiting for a visa - hang in there - it will come. I found an excuse to phone them half way through the process, and it was reassuring to know that I was in the system - and on the phone call they also confirmed the expected wait time.

I applied for a partner visa, and because we have been married for so long, with so many kids, they granted the full permanent PR visa right away.

All the best!

Edited by We7
extra info

Hi all,

Thought I would drop my CO a little nudge email this morning, just over an hour later got a reply saying that my application will be finalised by the end of the week and they would email me. And then an hour after that, it came through!

The OH has got the Verve in the fridge and now we can confirm our flights :jiggy:

Hi all,

Thought I would drop my CO a little nudge email this morning, just over an hour later got a reply saying that my application will be finalised by the end of the week and they would email me. And then an hour after that, it came through!

The OH has got the Verve in the fridge and now we can confirm our flights :jiggy:

Congratulations SNMP. Is your "must enter by" date aligned with the validity of your PCC check and/or medical?

Hi all,

I submitted my application in London on 28th April 2014, they said it would take 8-9 months and they were spot on. It was granted a week ago, after a wait of 8 months and 3 weeks and we fly tonight! Woohoo!

If you're waiting for a visa - hang in there - it will come. I found an excuse to phone them half way through the process, and it was reassuring to know that I was in the system - and on the phone call they also confirmed the expected wait time.

I applied for a partner visa, and because we have been married for so long, with so many kids, they granted the full permanent PR visa right away.

All the best!

congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when you applied? Did it take the full 9 months?