SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi,

KP is my CO too. Would you be kind and PM me his email address please if you can, as my Visa application is over the nine months mark and I`d like to chase it up.

Many thanks in advance! :-)

OMG , over 9 months? the o/h (one of the people here) and I have just hit the 8 month mark and we're on the countdown. if we had to wait longer than 9 months I think it would break our spirit! :(

Any more approvals? its gone very quiet? we applied 27th May ....

hopefully 2-3 weeks away!

they really are the hardest! I left London over a year ago now, we've not seen each other since September :sad:

Hi,

KP is my CO too. Would you be kind and PM me his email address please if you can, as my Visa application is over the nine months mark and I`d like to chase it up.

Many thanks in advance! :-)

KP was my CO too, I emailed him at exactly the 9 month mark and got my visa through within the hour. I'm sure it will be fine :)

How many of you went to Aus to wait for your visa to be granted?

My application was received at the beginning of Oct 2014 and I'm heading in June to do some travelling in Aus and Asia with a LOT of savings!

We applied at the end of August 2014 and are due to pack up and leave at the end of April for 4 months travelling Asia. Very much hoping that the visa comes in before we had off to Australia and they don't ask us for more evidence!

I know they say don't make any irreversible travel plans, but we saw this as a once in a life time opportunity.

Enjoy your trip!

just an update on this I was posting many pages back.. my girlfriend/wife received her PR visa 2 weeks ago which was 2 years 4 months after originally applying. Applied October 2012, Granted the TR part in June 2013 (moved to Australia August 2013) and now has been granted the PR part. Been here 18mths now, going very well she has settled great, were married two weeks ago.

We applied at the end of August 2014 and are due to pack up and leave at the end of April for 4 months travelling Asia. Very much hoping that the visa comes in before we had off to Australia and they don't ask us for more evidence!

I know they say don't make any irreversible travel plans, but we saw this as a once in a life time opportunity.

Enjoy your trip!

It is a great opportunity, and even if you do enter Aus before you get the visa grant, I guess it's another excuse to travel somewhere else. My plan is to try NZ or back to Asia as knowing my luck it won't be granted while I'm outside of Aus!

Good luck, really not long for you now!

just an update on this I was posting many pages back.. my girlfriend/wife received her PR visa 2 weeks ago which was 2 years 4 months after originally applying. Applied October 2012, Granted the TR part in June 2013 (moved to Australia August 2013) and now has been granted the PR part. Been here 18mths now, going very well she has settled great, were married two weeks ago.

Nice to hear and congrats on wedding :)

Has anyone travelled to Oz on a tourist visa to wait for their grant? Been told I can travel to oz on an appropriate visa and exit country when spouse visa is ready...just confused as to whether tourist visa is ok. Been apart from husband for over a year so desperate to get out there, but not sure it's worth quitting my job early as so close to the 9 month mark!!

Has anyone travelled to Oz on a tourist visa to wait for their grant? Been told I can travel to oz on an appropriate visa and exit country when spouse visa is ready...just confused as to whether tourist visa is ok. Been apart from husband for over a year so desperate to get out there, but not sure it's worth quitting my job early as so close to the 9 month mark!!

I haven't done it yet but this is what I will be doing in a couple of months. My migration agent has advised that I can enter on the e600 visitor visa with no issue. I was very nervous of that prospect but he has assured that a good percentage of his clients do the same thing with no problems.

Dependant on whether you are applying for the subclass 100 or 309 will dictate whether you need to vacate the country when it comes time for your visa to be issued. (For example I have applied directly for the subclass 100 so will not need to leave Aus while my PR visa is issued)

Many people travel to Australia on a Visitor visa of some kind to wait for the grant. They make sure their CO knows they're in the country and can contact them reliably so they can send a pre-grant letter to advise them to go offshore for a few days for the grant and the COs are completely willing to work it that way. If you're close to the 9 month mark though, it hardly seem worth the hassle and expense.

Dependant on whether you are applying for the subclass 100 or 309 will dictate whether you need to vacate the country when it comes time for your visa to be issued. (For example I have applied directly for the subclass 100 so will not need to leave Aus while my PR visa is issued)

I've not heard this before, is that true? The way we're heading over I might be a bit too early for my visa so may have to go in on a tourist one. However, my CO advised me I was being put straight through for a subclass 100 so if I don't have to leave Aus for a few days that would be amazing!

Edit: I can't believe I missed that, it's right there on the page! http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx

Edited by alansuspect

I am doing this. I have emailed my CO to verify that I will be there and that it's okay to get my medical while I'm there too.

I've not heard this before, is that true? The way we're heading over I might be a bit too early for my visa so may have to go in on a tourist one. However, my CO advised me I was being put straight through for a subclass 100 so if I don't have to leave Aus for a few days that would be amazing!

Edit: I can't believe I missed that, it's right there on the page! http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx

I saw this and did some checking. The response from immigration implied that the bit about not having to go off-shore when 100 is granted only applies when this is granted after entering country after 309 was granted and then going through the provisional phase. If you apply off-shore for 309/100 then you have to be off-shore when you get first grant, even if you get 100 straight off. But if you move to Australia on 309 then the 100 will be granted without you having to go off-shore then.

I am just back from a few weeks helping my wife settle back into her house ready for it to become our home when my visa is granted. I decided not to make full move until visa actually granted but I had no problems entering on an e-visitor visa, and nothing would have stopped me staying and then going out for a few days when visa ready to be granted.

My 8 months are up in a couple of days but I'm not holding out much hope of getting visa until early March, but can't wait to get back and start living in Sydney.

I see what you're saying, that it may only apply to people who have spent 2 years on the 309. I looked around but couldn't find anything specific so dropped my CO an email. Hopefully they can clear it up as it would be good to know.

UPDATE - OK, I heard back from my CO, basically you still have to be out of the country even if you've been put forward for the 100. Here's the full reply:

To clarify, all applications for partner migration made outside Australia are for a subclass 309/100 visa, which is a two stage visa. If an eligible person meets the conditions for the 100 visa as well as the 309 visa at the time of lodgement then DIBP will usually grant both visas concurrently. However a 309 visa must always be granted first even if the 100 visa is granted directly afterwards. As such you will need to be offshore when I grant your partner visa. I hope that clears up any ambiguity in the wording on our website.

Edited by alansuspect

We decided to travel for a month before flying back to OZ my hubby contacted our CO to ask if he should apply for his e-visitor at that point (he still had a current one from a recent trip back) our CO agreed applying for it at that stage was a good idea so it wouldn't interfer with the grant of the 309/100 when the time comes. Our CO has made a note on our application regarding our travel dates. Our 9 months is up a week before we land and we're hoping it comes through before we land but if not my hubby will land on his e-visitor visa we will have provided contact details for local contact before we fly so he can be contacted once he needs to fly out again for visa to be granted.

we will be booking the cheapest flight out NZ will likely be our best option. Hope that helps.

Update... We emailed the general email for the visa process just to say we are aware they have made a note of our travel plans, we are two weeks out from our arrival is hubby ok to land on visitor visa or should we check closer to time so we can change flight should it be needed. Well 2hr & 5 mins ago we got 3 emails, one granting 309 the granting 100 then our lovely CO confirming in an email to expect a grant email that we have been granted!!!

Whoo hoo, currently celebrating in New Orleans drinking hurricanes!!

thats is approved 10days short of our 9 months!!!

Good luck to all still playing the waiting game

Update... We emailed the general email for the visa process just to say we are aware they have made a note of our travel plans, we are two weeks out from our arrival is hubby ok to land on visitor visa or should we check closer to time so we can change flight should it be needed. Well 2hr & 5 mins ago we got 3 emails, one granting 309 the granting 100 then our lovely CO confirming in an email to expect a grant email that we have been granted!!!

Whoo hoo, currently celebrating in New Orleans drinking hurricanes!!

thats is approved 10days short of our 9 months!!!

Good luck to all still playing the waiting game

That such grate news and 10 days before your 9 month mark. Lets hope they keep that up for the rest of us.

Congrats

Did your Aussie partners get British citizenship before leaving. We are planning on doing this but at the time of putting in MY Aus spouse visa he wont be a British citizen yet. When OHs comes through do we need to inform Aus immigration that he is now a British citizen too? Will it have any bearing on application? Did you use the fact that your partner was on a spouse visa with you in Uk as evidence for the Aus visa? To me that seems like quite a good way of demonstrating a real and ongoing relationship.