SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Eeeeeeeeeeek! We applied 10th May so shouldn't be too long for us now :D

We're the 27th of May. I'm hoping they start to catch up and approve all the May's soon. Like they did before Christmas when they blitzed the March's and Aprils in 3 weeks.

Come on CO's I need to see my husband :)

These last few weeks are the worst, every day is slower at work when the time difference slows down (he's in London and I'm in Sydney). Every email or viber text is the one you think is going to be the approval.

We've missed our wedding anniversary, Christmas we'll miss valentines together and I'm hoping not his 30th birthday on the first week of March.

It's taking all self control not to email the CO and beg. :(

To be honest we've had no contact with our CO except for the initial "I'm your CO" email lol. I'm really hoping that's a good sign...

Same for us, he just told us the date we should get meds/police check and all we know is his name is Christopher' no second name.

So no news is good news perhaps.

The 100 would be great, but weve only lived together 2years 2 months before lodging so i think it will be the 309. Im sure you have to live together for 3 years or less if you have kids together to qualify for the 100. But you never know, our application was very straight forward and we did not need to provide further info after lodging.

We applied May 14th and was hoping for a ten day early approval too! thought I would give my CO (LC) a email, same old response.. when there is news you will be informed, most likely on your 9month date. Still not long to wait really, just not liking waiting around for it, want to start planning things and get moving already! fingers crossed for everyone this week!!

@Bound4Tassie

Yes I applied for my citizenship a couple of weeks after we lodged our OZ one we were told that process would take approx 6 months which worked well timing for us. Mine was approved and I took my ceremony a matter of weeks before we were approved so my OH and I decided not to add the info to our application. If I had of had it in the first few months of applying we would have. It shouldn't make a difference to your outcome I would hope they see it as a couple/family being sensible in setting up their lives for the future.

For us we wanted to know we can both come back should my in-laws need us as they get on health wise etc nothing worse than being apart and not having emotional support with you while one is looking after elderly parents & the other waiting on a visa to go back coming through!

anyone doing it I would highly recommend using the checking service you get to keep your original documents. They just visually check & take copies make sure your form is filled out correctly & then forward special delivery giving you barcode to track. Of course more £ but peace of mind for me having passport should I have had the need to make an emergency dash home to OZ!

Good luck

Edited by leftyandstumpy

@Bound4Tassie

Yes I applied for my citizenship a couple of weeks after we lodged our OZ one we were told that process would take approx 6 months which worked well timing for us. Mine was approved and I took my ceremony a matter of weeks before we were approved so my OH and I decided not to add the info to our application. If I had of had it in the first few months of applying we would have. It shouldn't make a difference to your outcome I would hope they see it as a couple/family being sensible in setting up their lives for the future.

For us we wanted to know we can both come back should my in-laws need us as they get on health wise etc nothing worse than being apart and not having emotional support with you while one is looking after elderly parents & the other waiting on a visa to go back coming through!

anyone doing it I would highly recommend using the checking service you get to keep your original documents. They just visually check & take copies make sure your form is filled out correctly & then forward special delivery giving you barcode to track. Of course more £ but peace of mind for me having passport should I have had the need to make an emergency dash home to OZ!

Good luck

Yes I saw the checking service and its local too. Looks like a good option!

Hi,

has anyone been waiting for offshore partner visa to come through, but moved to Australia before visa processed.?

I am interested if this causes any problems with process. Or can this be done.

I am possibly considering a move a few months before approved. Obviously partner wont be able to work until approved.

Thanks

I see what you're saying, that it may only apply to people who have spent 2 years on the 309. I looked around but couldn't find anything specific so dropped my CO an email. Hopefully they can clear it up as it would be good to know.

UPDATE - OK, I heard back from my CO, basically you still have to be out of the country even if you've been put forward for the 100. Here's the full reply:

To clarify, all applications for partner migration made outside Australia are for a subclass 309/100 visa, which is a two stage visa. If an eligible person meets the conditions for the 100 visa as well as the 309 visa at the time of lodgement then DIBP will usually grant both visas concurrently. However a 309 visa must always be granted first even if the 100 visa is granted directly afterwards. As such you will need to be offshore when I grant your partner visa. I hope that clears up any ambiguity in the wording on our website.

hmmmmm this is very puzzling- my immigration agent directed me to a page from the department of immigrations 'Extranet' This is in essence the guidebook available only to the department staff or registered migration agents. The reason he did this is because I questioned the same thing. Leave it with me and I will ask him to do a print screen of the visa claus and come back to you.

Hi,

I was asking the same thing, about whether you could go out on a tourist visa and quite a few people answered saying you can...might be worth waiting until you get your email to say they've got what they need to process, if you haven't received it already :-)

You can come to Australia on a tourist visa as long as you let your CO know your plans. The last visa granted cancels out previous visas so this is important. The last thing you want is to apply for a tourist visa, your 309/100 gets granted on say Thursday and your tourist visa on Friday. Your tourist visa would cancel out your 309/100 and you would have to start again. Also, you need to be out of the country for 3 working days for the computer systems to update with your 309/100 visa, so letting your CO know your plans so that you can coordinate this is a good idea.

You can come to Australia on a tourist visa as long as you let your CO know your plans. The last visa granted cancels out previous visas so this is important. The last thing you want is to apply for a tourist visa, your 309/100 gets granted on say Thursday and your tourist visa on Friday. Your tourist visa would cancel out your 309/100 and you would have to start again. Also, you need to be out of the country for 3 working days for the computer systems to update with your 309/100 visa, so letting your CO know your plans so that you can coordinate this is a good idea.

OMG can you imagine if you did that not knowing! I didn't realise that was a technicality. that would be the WORST if you applied for a visitor visa before checking your email.

nightmare material!

OMG can you imagine if you did that not knowing! I didn't realise that was a technicality. that would be the WORST if you applied for a visitor visa before checking your email.

nightmare material!

Its not enough to just check your email as the time it takes to get the tourist visa through could be the time that the other visa gets finalised. You MUST let the CO know BEFORE you apply for the tourist visa. I can't emphasise this enough.