SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Finally got my visa. 8 months 27 days so so so happy. Get to see my man in two weeks. Thank you for all the helpful advice from everyone on here. Celebrating tonight :):)

Congrats Chloe,

I'm so happy for you. Good luck with for the future and the wedding. I'm sure your other half is over the moon.

keep the grants coming.

Nice to see some approvals coming through already this year, we are now just in our 8 month mark. We leave the UK in a few days and hoping our approval comes through a week before we finish our travels through the states.

Good luck to all the April approvals, so looking forward to them getting to the May batch!

I applied on 27th Dec and today (20 days later!) I got a call from my co introducing himself and asked for my partners birth certificate. I hadnt even finished uploading everything I had, only have 1 stat dec (and from a uk citizen not Australian), so very happy what I did upload was enough. Told to get medical/police records in June and visa is likely to be granted in December.

I applied on 27th Dec and today (20 days later!) I got a call from my co introducing himself and asked for my partners birth certificate. I hadnt even finished uploading everything I had, only have 1 stat dec (and from a uk citizen not Australian), so very happy what I did upload was enough. Told to get medical/police records in June and visa is likely to be granted in December.

Hi, thats good news. Did you apply by post or was it online?

Hopefully just a few more days for us now :)

Hi guys,

it's gone quiet here, has there been any more approvals? My OH applied in 28/5 and we're almost at the 8 month mark. There doesn't seem to be a lot of other people around our date, so I'm hoping they'll move through quicker. :wink:

Hi everyone, thought I'd post a brief update and run down on what happened when we got our 309 visa!

So since we had applied offshore on March 20th 2014 but moved back to Australia in October on a tourist visa, when we got the email saying the 309 visa was ready to have a decision made on 18/12/2014, we had to book our flights to Bali from Perth. We had until the date of his police clearances expiry to be back in Australia by.

We booked the flights for Monday the 5th of January and then returned on Friday the 9th of January. We had to be out of Australia for at least three business days. On the Wednesday morning we got a phone call from the agent saying our email with the visa was waiting for us! So in total it took 9.5months to get, BUT the email saying it was waiting for a decision to be made came through at 8months 28days.

We had to print off the email and visa letter and take it to the airport with us. When we arrived, he went through the machine passport control and then went to the man at the immigration desk and asked him to make sure he had entered on the 309 and not the tourist visa. So all went smoothly there :)

Best of luck to everyone, the waiting is the most horrible part :(

Lauren xx

My application was acknowledged on 11th June. I have been following this thread avidly, taking comfort from the fact that most grants still seem to be around the 9 month mark.

Congratulations!! I'm so happy it finally came through for you and before your flight date!! I was going back through the pages there just to check if you'd updated!! Yay not long at all now until you finally get over! :)

My visa has been granted!

309/100 SUBMITTED (with Police checks): 24/04/14 Case Officer assigned: 12/06/14

MEDICAL: 01/10/14 Visa granted 19/01/15 (100)

Off to Australia next week, so timing is perfect!

Good luck to everyone waiting for an April grant, and thank you to everyone who has posted about their experiences!

Hi all,

I lodged my application partner application (off-shore) on the 31st of December with optimism that I will get it within few months. I applied online and was contacted by the High Commission after 2 weeks requesting the original police clearance to be submitted to them. Nothing after that and no case officer assigned yet.

Isn't it more like 12 months now? There's a previous post here saying they submitted end of Dec and have been told to expect visa grant in December.....

Yes, my CO def said the processing time is 10-14 months, and by applying in Dec 14 I can expect the visa in Dec 15! I am also bound for Tassie, my partner works in Strahan!