SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I applied, on the 8th of April and mine got granted today so 3 days shy of 9 months,

I had gotten an email in November stating i'd "met the core requirements of the visa" and that i'd have to wait till January before i got anymore info.

and all thanks to my wonderful wife for corralling me through it like a herd of cats!

hope you all get the news you're looking for this year guys

I applied, on the 8th of April and mine got granted today so 3 days shy of 9 months,

I had gotten an email in November stating i'd "met the core requirements of the visa" and that i'd have to wait till January before i got anymore info.

and all thanks to my wonderful wife for corralling me through it like a herd of cats!

hope you all get the news you're looking for this year guys

I applied a few weeks after you, but didn't get any mail saying I'd met the requirements, anything to be worried about?

Hi all I'm looking for some advice as whether I should book my flight or not. I'm at 9 months next Friday my co has said it should be granted by the 15th. I want to book my flight for the 26th. Should I just wait till it's through or do now before price goes up?

Might be a good idea to email your CO asking that very question. There's a good chance that it will give that last little push for them to grant your visa.

Posting here too in case anyone can help....

I'm getting confused now. I'm applying for the 301/100 as my husband is Aussie. We have 2 children. Before I submit the application they will have Aus citizenship by descent and Aus passports.

The form asks you to put down all your children

No problem. Just those 2. But it asks are they migrating with you?

They are certainly coming with us....but are they migrating? They are Aus citizens in their own right. So do you tick yes or no?

Someone on Another thread said they're not included on the application but they had to put down the kids aus passport numbers....i cant see the bit on the form for that...it is late though here!!

Also will they need to have medicals as my dependents? Blurb says all dependents need medicals. Do Aussie passport holding children have to have medicals too??

Might be worth checking with an agent on this one for a definitive answer. My situation was similar to yours (aussie wife, 1 kid with aussie citizenship). We didn't include the kid as "migrating with us" as we were advised we didn't need to as they aren't technically migrants. We are nearing grant stage and our CO hasn't mentioned anything so you should be fine to leave them off.

Also, we didn't need a medical for the young one.

If we are granted soon I'll let you know as our situations are very similar.

I'm getting confused now. I'm applying for the 301/100 as my husband is Aussie. We have 2 children. Before I submit the application they will have Aus citizenship by descent and Aus passports.

They are certainly coming with us....but are they migrating? They are Aus citizens in their own right. So do you tick yes or no?

Someone on Another thread said they're not included on the application but they had to put down the kids aus passport numbers....i cant see the bit on the form for that...it is late though here!!

Also will they need to have medicals as my dependents? Blurb says all dependents need medicals. Do Aussie passport holding children have to have medicals too??

We had something similar and rang for an answer. If they travel on an aus passport they are not migrating. We put a copy of our sons cit by decent in with all the evidence as well and wrote something in one of the written sections - so it was clear, but didn't put him down as a migrating child.

Hi, when I applied one of my children had passport while the for the other I had to apply for citizenship and passport. I didn't have to add them as migrants but just add their details (passports number etc). For the one waiting for citizenship our CO just asked us to clarify if we were applying for citizenship. You should be fine without adding them to the migration, which is good news as otherwise they would need also visa etc...That would be costly and would take a long time.

Thanks for the replies. The form isn't very clear IMO! With this visa it would be quite common for there to be children involved with dual citizenship. The form should ask which children have aus citizenship and be clear that they do not need including on the application.

Did your children need medicals? The form says all your dependents do. My children are my dependents

But I don't see why they would need a medical if they are free to go in/ out of Aus on their passport. AND.... Did you fill in the bit where your partner gives permission for them to go with you? It seems pretty obvious that he is giving permission!

Edited by Bound4Tassie

We had something similar and rang for an answer. If they travel on an aus passport they are not migrating. We put a copy of our sons cit by decent in with all the evidence as well and wrote something in one of the written sections - so it was clear, but didn't put him down as a migrating child.

Did you fill in the bit about partner giving parental consent to travel?

I have another question regarding the best way to do stat decs from friends . One is in Australia so do they fill in the form, get it witnessed then post hard copy to us in UK. They we can scan and upload to online application. Or is it ok for them to scan it and email to us??

Hi, im in the same boat, my sis is in Aus and has sent the stat dec by mail for me to scan and upload.

I thought maybe icould get her to email it. Then it occured to me that the email image would be a jpeg and maybe wouldnt be accepted as the first original scan. Also it means i have the original in case immi want me to send it to them.

I have another question regarding the best way to do stat decs from friends . One is in Australia so do they fill in the form, get it witnessed then post hard copy to us in UK. They we can scan and upload to online application. Or is it ok for them to scan it and email to us??

It doesn't make any difference who scans the document, they wouldn't be able to tell who scanned it anyway! Make sure they scan the document in colour to ensure all bases have been covered.

Stupid question again. Do you scan the original documents rather than certfied copies?? Seems to make more sense but asks for certified copies of things.....

Hi, if you scan all originals for uploading to immi account you do not need to have anything certified as long as they are colour scans. The only exception is a stat dec made by Aussies and wintnessed in Australia. Then you need their certified id to be scanned as well.

Hope this helps.