SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

8 months 27 days and still nothing yet...yes I am obsessed with it lol just a little bit

Haha! I think we all are..I'm a couple of weeks off of the eight month mark and have been checking my email religiously since November just in case they decided to randomly grant it early! :jiggy:

Can only be a few more days for you now :-)

I uploaded the additional info requested (a birth certificate) to my immi account about 10 days ago and not heard anything since, should I of or do I just assume now they have everything so won't hear anything?

I was asked to provide medicals/police checks in June..but as I am planning on going to Aus in June on WHV and waiting there, should I just get them done sooner so they are sorted before I go? If I'm waiting in Australia, the entry validity dates won't really matter as much cos I'll already be on that side of the world, ready to hop to NZ for it to be granted...right?!

Also forgot to say, one of my police checks needed is a US FBI check, which have a really long processing time (and high percentage of rejected applications!) so would like to just get it done!!

Edited by bobby122

hmmmmm this is very puzzling- my immigration agent directed me to a page from the department of immigrations 'Extranet' This is in essence the guidebook available only to the department staff or registered migration agents. The reason he did this is because I questioned the same thing. Leave it with me and I will ask him to do a print screen of the visa claus and come back to you.

finally got to the bottom of this- my migration was incorrect and the reason being is that a good proportion of his clients have actually been onshore when their visa had been granted, according to him the department of immigration has acknowledged the clerical errors with this and have ironed out the 'kinks within the system' to avoid thus happening in the future.

So looks like I will have to go to NZ after all. Will make the best of it though as I have never been before. First family holiday abroad :-)

@bobby122 I would personally check direct with your CO on the general email they give. The medical/police check have to be valid for entry on your 309/100 visa not on a tourist visa previous as I am assuming you are initially entering on? That's why they ask for it to be done later in the process so you have enough validation. From what I have read previously you can still do your medical at/after time mentioned by your CO and I believe if you decide to move to OZ before grant you can do it there and once grant is due you'll be asked to leave country for 3 business days etc for the visa to process into the system electronically. Hope that helps, but I'd def check with CO

@bobby122 I would personally check direct with your CO on the general email they give. The medical/police check have to be valid for entry on your 309/100 visa not on a tourist visa previous as I am assuming you are initially entering on? That's why they ask for it to be done later in the process so you have enough validation. From what I have read previously you can still do your medical at/after time mentioned by your CO and I believe if you decide to move to OZ before grant you can do it there and once grant is due you'll be asked to leave country for 3 business days etc for the visa to process into the system electronically. Hope that helps, but I'd def check with CO

Thanks leftandstumpy, I am entering on WHV (if that makes a difference) in June, I think I'd be best off either; having them all done and dusted BEFORE I move out there, or not doing anything at all about it until I get there and get it all done from Oz! I think I'm just overthinking it, but the FBI checks take 4 months to be processed.

Bobby122...I'm not stalking you or anything (I'm on the tapatalk app for this forum on my phone so when i press one button the app goes completely bonkers and selects something else lol) but i noticed on your profile you're in Derbyshire...me too! Whereabouts? I'm in Wirksworth near Matlock :D xx