SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

The worst is everyone you know asking when and if you've heard something. Like as if we're not already going crazy!?! Has anyone else found this to be one of the, if not the most, annoying part of being right near the end?

Yep. Absolutely everybody. All the time. For the past 8 months. Same for husband in Melbourne - drives us both crazy! But then I guess they only mean well! Definitely feeling your frustration though! :arghh:

Its good to hear a lot of people applied before the partner visa price increased.

£2500 for a partner visa is soo expensive. Its going to take months for us to save that then a further 12-14months to have it approved. Hopefully I will be posting on here when my partners eventually gets approved.

Got my visa through last night! Straight to the 100!! :) that's 9 months and 4 days! Totally happy and away to look at flights!! Hope everyone else that's due hears soon :) thanks for all the info and advice guys!! :-) x

Gayle, I'm so happy for you. Lets hope that there are no more case going over the 9 month mark. Good luck with everything.

Gayle, I'm so happy for you. Lets hope that there are no more case going over the 9 month mark. Good luck with everything.

Hoping we hear friday (which'll be 9 months 3 days) as its mine and my boyfriend's 7th anniversary then so it'd be nice to have more than one thing to celebrate on the same day lol xx

Hoping we hear friday (which'll be 9 months 3 days) as its mine and my boyfriend's 7th anniversary then so it'd be nice to have more than one thing to celebrate on the same day lol xx

If you haven't already done so, an email to your CO on some pretext will probably give them a nudge to grant your visa now that you've reached the 9 month mark. Send it before the weekend (Oz time).

The 2 years starts from the date of APPLICATION for the 309. About 3 months before the 2 year mark, you are (or should be) contacted by DIBP for evidence that the relationship is still intact and the permanent visa usually comes a few months after that. For the people who will currently be waiting for 12-15 months for their 309s/820s, that means that they will probably have their 100/801 permanent visa 12 months or even less after the grant of the 309/820.

The 2 years starts from the date of APPLICATION for the 309. About 3 months before the 2 year mark, you are (or should be) contacted by DIBP for evidence that the relationship is still intact and the permanent visa usually comes a few months after that. For the people who will currently be waiting for 12-15 months for their 309s/820s, that means that they will probably have their 100/801 permanent visa 12 months or even less after the grant of the 309/820.

thats what i thought to be honest and your right that by end of valudation date there would only a few months left to go till end of 2 year mark. So we should keep saving all our evidence both UK side and when we get to Australia up to the final stage.

Thanks for your input.

@Bronyaur,

I see your stats at the bottom, not sure how to do that at the moment :)

Obviously depends on case officer- we applied 24/12/14 and CO appointed 15/1/15 and Med/police checks end June.... long process.....

Hi, if you go to settings in your profile and edit signature you can add stats there. Yes ling process but hopefully have grant before Christmas.