Where are you from?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi rik Nik

Yes Fleetwood is close I think you have the posh people in Southport all the rich people go then there is Blackpool were all us cobble street and factory people live (me) then Fleetwood who lives there ? Tassi well I have only been once but I loved it and the houses are so cheep you can buy a country estate under 100.000 I have thought about it. xx

Guest The Pom Queen
Falkirk, Scotland - moved to Perth but now back in Falkirk.

Lived in many other places in the UK though - Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Ashford, Southend, Brentwood.

Had a pub in Middlesbrough many moons ago.

Born and grew up in Birmingham, then Aberystwyth, Solihull, Cambridgeshire and West Suffolk (9 moves in 12 years around various bits of those counties), Sydney in 2009, now moving back to the UK in July-ish depending on how things go. No firm plans as to where just yet.

It seems that many of us have moved around quite a bit, both within the UK and also internationally. I wonder if some of us are born with a 'wanderlust' gene which stops us from staying in the same place for too long?!

Born and grew up in Birmingham, then Aberystwyth, Solihull, Cambridgeshire and West Suffolk (9 moves in 12 years around various bits of those counties), Sydney in 2009, now moving back to the UK in July-ish depending on how things go. No firm plans as to where just yet.

It seems that many of us have moved around quite a bit, both within the UK and also internationally. I wonder if some of us are born with a 'wanderlust' gene which stops us from staying in the same place for too long?!

I definitely think some of us are born with a 'wanderlust' gene. I've just come back from 4 weeks in SE Asia and could have spent far more time there. Off to NZ next month and would like to go to Sri Lanka again sometime.

Sheffield but grew up in Cambridge

Now in Sydney....via Bradford, Edinburgh, W London, S Wales, Stockholm, Budapest, Kazakhstan, Croatia, Watford, Cambridge again and W Suffolk

Hubby born and bred in Sheffield ( wed fan). Me born and bred in Burnley. Met in Manchester lived Stockport, and Ramsbottom where we brought up our boys. Moved to SA twice! Now settled in Adelaide Hills. One boy here but living independently the other still in UK.