Where are you from?

Guest The Pom Queen

A few from the Chester area I see, spent many a night out there from just over the boarder in north Wales, London for couple of years then back to north Wales. Then to sans souci, mona vale and now in Hunter valley

Where were you from Rallyman? We were in Caergwrle (still rent the house out there)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in Liverpool moved to Chester and then North Wales with family. Three years in Bangor, then Birmingham, Luxembourg, Brussels and back to North Wales. Hoping to be living in NSW by the end of this year. (Fingers crossed the house sells) :wink:

Another from Chester / north Wales!

How's the housing market ATM Fisher? We kept our Caergwrle house and rent it out currently as made the move to Vic in 2015. We may sell in the future so always keen to see how things are over there

Good luck with the sale and move

Blackpool, UK. Spent first WHV travelling the east coast and then spent some time living and working in Torquay, VIC and also did farm work in VIC. Back to Blackpool for 6 months, spent another couple of months backpacking around various countries then second WHV spent 7 months in Sydney before moving to Geraldton, WA been here a year now and just had my 187 PR visa granted last month :) so will be here for the next 2 years before the adventure continues

Edited by Danielle9

A little bit off topic but could you people who have good knowledge of Chester give me some good areas/streets even to look at, ideally within walking distance of good primary schools. Budget is £3 - £450k. Reply here or pm is fine. Thanks.

A little bit off topic but could you people who have good knowledge of Chester give me some good areas/streets even to look at, ideally within walking distance of good primary schools. Budget is £3 - £450k. Reply here or pm is fine. Thanks.

My parents are in Westminster Park and the primary school there (Belgrave) was rated outstanding by ofsted. Lovely school (I attended) but in all honesty the estate isn't my cup of tea - not a fan of dated 60's houses [emoji23]. Lache Lane and Hough Green are close and are older, bigger houses.

St Mary's in Handbridge also scored well. Queens Park is a nice area there but likely over the budget (very expensive). Handbridge itself has some good and not so good areas.

North of the river Upton, Hoole and Boughton are nice areas. If you want further out and more village like, Mickle Trafford, Mollington and Guilden Sutton are all lovely.

The Mickle Trafford primary school is on the list as outstanding. And there are a few houses in that budget on rightmove. (Bit 60's in era again though [emoji23])

Link to the high scoring schools-

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/chester-ellesmere-port-schools-rated-10693270.amp?client=safari

• Like 1

Thanks saz.

Main areas we actually looking are just outside Chester ( Kingsley and its surrounds ) which I am more familiar with, but good to get pointers on other areas close by that we like.

It's lovely round there too. Good luck, are you back in the uk now or still in oz?

Born and brought up in Essex and West Sussex - family emigrated to Perth - spent 10 years travelling Oz, lived in Hobart, Alice Springs, Sydney, Port Moresby, back to Perth - then back to UK and Surrey, settling in West Sussex for 20 years. Been back in Perth for 26 years and never moving again!

Born in Cheshire, moved at 21 to Wiltshire, then London, then Norwich to do my RGN training. Met my husband there then moved to Hexham, Northumberland. Married, had first child, then back to Norfolk, had two more kids, moved to Perth, Norwich, Sydney, Norwich (husband went Melbourne), back together in Northumberland where we've been for that last 5 1/2 years. Looking likely that we'll be back in Australia this year..

Guest The Pom Queen

Blackpool, UK. Spent first WHV travelling the east coast and then spent some time living and working in Torquay, VIC and also did farm work in VIC. Back to Blackpool for 6 months, spent another couple of months backpacking around various countries then second WHV spent 7 months in Sydney before moving to Geraldton, WA been here a year now and just had my 187 PR visa granted last month :) so will be here for the next 2 years before the adventure continues
@Danielle9 I spent many a weekend on the prom at Blackpool. I remember a school trip to Blackpool Tower and Circus.

Hubby born and bred in Sheffield ( wed fan). .

As are all the best people - Vaughan, Cocker, Palin, Turner, Hawley, Ashton etc.

The Blunts have Ned Stark of course. And I'm very disappointed with Joe Root and Jess Ennis. I'm still withholding conjugals from the latter in the hope of changing her mind, but she doesn't seem to have noticed :-(

Born and brought up in Essex and West Sussex - family emigrated to Perth - spent 10 years travelling Oz, lived in Hobart, Alice Springs, Sydney, Port Moresby, back to Perth - then back to UK and Surrey, settling in West Sussex for 20 years. Been back in Perth for 26 years and never moving again!

Have you ever decided to unpack your suitcase??