Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


ali last won the day on June 9

ali had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

15,457 Excellent

About ali

  • Rank
  • Birthday January 18

Recent Profile Visitors

9,286 profile views
  1. Is the medical specific to his country of origin as my in laws have never had to do a medical for a tourist visa
  2. ali

    The Ashes

    Personally I think he should have been dropped
  3. You have had two migration agents tell you to answer No - that's probably the right answer
  4. I agree about the graduates and if this was a position on the ward then it's certainly worth considering a new grad. Our position is a little unique in that normally all positions in our CMHT's our CN's - but we have an RN position (who would have the opportunity to act up into a L2 position). It's not necessarily about depth and knowledge - but at interview you need to be able to answer the questions in a way that demonstrates your suitability against the selection criteria. You're hoping that the candidate will mention key elements such as MSE, risk, de-escalation and safe administration of medication. ETA - many applicants fail to get short listed due to not addressing the selection criteria at all and the evidence isn't available within their CV's.
  5. Your colleague may just like the peace and quiet and may be doing some study (I have a colleague who used to come in early to do that). I'm someone who is in an hour early - it gives me an opportunity to answer emails, update rosters, work on presentations/reports without being interrupted by staff or calls from clients. In honesty though, you wouldn't know (unless she told you) if your colleague had been spoken to as to why she comes in early (if it was a problem) as it would be a confidential process/conversation between them and the line manager. There may not be any sinister motives in her arriving early e.g. to make you look bad it may just be her preference. As a line manager, I have staff who come in early and some who come in on the dot, some have negotiated slightly later start/finish times (within our operational hours) to drop off/collect children I just see it as their preference and don't have issue with it. I don't think there is a reduced need for nurses, we don't for example offer sponsorship to overseas nurses now and vacancies are becoming fewer and not being filled as quickly. We recently advertised a level 1 position in community mental health and got over 50 applicants with most of them being graduates but we were unable to fill the position due to lack of experience in our speciality.
  6. ali


    I think the advice your seeking goes beyond the scope of the membership here.
  7. ali


    Will you not need your furniture for your rental?
  8. ali

    Kids in Australia, Dad in UK

    Not in that position - but seen other suggest: Regular skype calls, regular visits during the holidays either the children to the UK or absent parent to Aus (I know someone whose ex was recently here in Aus for the school holidays - rented accommodation and the children stayed with them for the 2 weeks). Ensuring the absent parent has copies of school reports, gets to know about achievements etc.,
  9. ali

    The Ashes

    Stuart Broad has bowled well and become Warners Nemesis I think. Warner has to be dropped for the final test.
  10. ali

    Four cats to Brisbane: am I mad to even consider it?

    Do check if you have to apply for a permit for the number of cats you have. States/shires might vary and there may be a limit to the number you are allowed in certain properties/areas.
  11. ali

    Indigenous awareness course

    I've never heard of a course like this getting you additional migration points.
  12. ali

    The Ashes

    I knew that's what you meant
  13. ali

    The Ashes

    #1 test batsman for 2019 and only started playing in August. A few more team members offering some support/runs. They might have to consider Starc (53) as an opener instead of Warner lol
  14. ali

    How is Boris Doing So Far?

    My husband has been guilty of that too lol
  15. ali

    Urgent Move Back to UK Likely

    Good luck with the move Quoll xx