DisillusionedScot has news

DisillusionedScot

Hi folks, just an update. I understand my last thread was closed for various reasons (luckily I didn't see the postings as I took Friday night off, so many thanks to the mods, appreciated)

Anyway, the news: I've been offered a job. Yep, can't quite believe it myself. I've actually been offered a job with the WA Govt. Some extensive training in Perth required first and then a remote posting for two years, but it's a job. It's secure employment with career progression. It's not something I ever really saw myself doing, but I'm in. And I can't quite believe it :-)

I still have to find a place to stay in Perth for three months and I'm talking to FiFi about that.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all those who sent me best wishes, words of empathy and encouragement, and even food. I cannot tell you how good a bacon sandwich tastes after living off stale corn flakes for a week.

Most of all, I want to say a mega thank you on behalf of my dog Max. He has food now, lots of food. And more than anything, and on his behalf, Thank You.

Just got to make it all happen now.

I'm not religious, but a thousand blessings on each and every one of you who stood up and helped me in the most desperate time of my life.

Alan

cxc

Having read your last post, I am so glad to hear that things are working out for you. It really has put a smile on my face to see things are on the up.

Wishing you all the best in your new job.

Matt

Great news!

I glad your luck has finally changed for the better.

It was sad to hear about your predicament but my faith in human nature was raised by the responses.

Fifi, Very Stormy et al: I salute you ?

The best things in life aren't things.

So glad things are working out for you. It's easy to mock and to criticise people when they are at a low ebb, it's much harder to turn things around. You are well on your way to doing that.

It's also nice to see people offering what help they can too.

Archived