Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

We chose PSS because they did a home visit and were substantially cheaper than our other quote. Didn't have time to do three as we are leaving on August 18th. We had to hang on and hang on for exchange of contracts on the house and then suddenly it's all rush rush ... But like waiting for the visa really ... I agree with you AMP it's like our special club in this thread :)  

Travel tip coming up for anyone who, like us, has decided that they deserve a bit of luxury on the journey out - after all the rushing round.  We decided that for once in our lives we'd do business class, and hang the money that should be going to our new life, house, expenses etcetera.   Now I once read that it was cheaper to fly long haul from an airport outside the UK so I had a look on sky scanner, using Singapore air from LHR and from Helsinki (don't ask). £5600 for two from LHR and no appreciable difference from Finland. Then I tried again with Amsterdam, and again no appreciable difference. I had one last try with Paris. .....

LHR - SYDNEY =£5600

Paris CdG - SYDNEY = £4002

I couldn't quite believe it, but we've booked, are going over the day before and are having an evening in Paris before we fly. Just in case anyone else is bonkers enough to travel to Paris with two great big suitcases ...

Wow!!! I'd have loved to have done that but I'm going on my own and hubby coming later!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gafuk said:
  18 hours ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Our lodgement is 27 Nov 2014, Acknowledged 18 Mar 2015

Should I call any number or email Immigration ?

23 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Haven't got any advice I'm afraid. If it goes on the movement date it's November ! I think you will get "the" email any day. There is a gentleman called Alan Corlett ( i hope) who lost all the time. He is an agent and will know.  I would Scan back a couple of pages to track him down and PM Him . It maybe he's on holiday or I think he might have responded to your post.

Latest from immi says,

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 November 2014"

So not long to wait for MICHELLENGUYEN.

Talking of gentlemen who are lost all the time, I wonder where husband is tonight?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

I've just been photographing them with iPad/iPhone

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

I've just been photographing them with iPad/iPhone

Me too - all in my "Oz move" folder for future reference.  Honestly, the tips we pick up on this blog are fabulous - and all backed by amazing group support as well.    It is so fabulous to know I am not alone coping with all the issues involved.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Wow! - August the 18th that's 14 days! - Well done Fisher1!

I hope you don't mind me sharing your excitement but it made it all seem very real when I read that.

Great tip about GDG and if I can add my tuppence worth, Edinburgh is also fantastic for cheap longhaul flights. (Lookout for 'Promo' offers to Australia with Qatar)

I also agree about the 'Parents Club' and I need to bookmark some of these removals posts for future reference. Anyone know if you can save bookmarks within this forum? 

You are welcome to share my excitement which is currently on the back burner as we do the rounds of farewells ... But there's a grandchild due on Sep 1st (our second)!which makes up for the sadness of leaving friends, some going all the way back to primary school ... I can't believe I'm still messing with paperwork ... I've just completed my "declaration of cleanliness" for the removals.  I kid you not!

• Like 3

Can I ask those of you on a 600 visa what insurance you have please ? 

Someone mentioned ANZ but it says you have to be an Australian resident for theirs

So far most I have looked at only cover up to 90 days per trip

obviously I need about an10-11mth policy

presume you have to have this in place before your 600 visa application? 

Thanks in advance everyone!

9 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Can I ask those of you on a 600 visa what insurance you have please ? 

Someone mentioned ANZ but it says you have to be an Australian resident for theirs

So far most I have looked at only cover up to 90 days per trip

obviously I need about an10-11mth policy

presume you have to have this in place before your 600 visa application? 

Thanks in advance everyone!

We insured with ANZ Plus.com. We've used them the last two/three years!

Geoff and Gill

• Like 2

Be careful folks. If you are intending to travel to AU on a 600 visa to await the grant of a Parent Visa make sure you look at the small print of your insurance. Many policies only provide cover if you start AND end your journey in the UK. I you are on a one way ticket then search for an emigration insurance policy such as True Traveller. It covers you until your PR is granted. These policies aren't cheap but do give you some security. I did have to make a claim a few weeks ago and they paid up without any question. I can give more info if requested.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kpnuts said:

Be careful folks. If you are intending to travel to AU on a 600 visa to await the grant of a Parent Visa make sure you look at the small print of your insurance. Many policies only provide cover if you start AND end your journey in the UK. I you are on a one way ticket then search for an emigration insurance policy such as True Traveller. It covers you until your PR is granted. These policies aren't cheap but do give you some security. I did have to make a claim a few weeks ago and they paid up without any question. I can give more info if requested.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Thanks

I will be buying a return flight ticket back to UK so should be ok

have looked at the company you mentioned also, will way it all up at the time

Can anyone remind me (and new members) what the points/discount card is for shopping in Oz, I can't remember how far back it was mentioned, is it the one attached to Coles or Woolworth or different? 

Also any news Catlady? I am hoping I have missed a posting and you now have your visa?

Sue

• Like 1

Timeline:

My friend lodged 8 Dec 2014, just got invitation today !

I still did not get any from solicitor.

My lodgement date: 27 Nov 2014, Acknowledged 25 Mar 2015 ( does it caused problem, when my acknowledgment email came 3 months after lodgement ????) 

It's not exciting to wait when all other people behind me is getting invited !

Should I burn my solicitor's office down...i'm in vain !...:arghh:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Timeline:

My lodgement date: 27 Nov 2014, Acknowledged 25 Mar 2015 ( does it caused problem, when my acknowledgment email came 3 months after lodgement ????) 

Hi can i ask when is ur friend hear from them ? Im on the the 8 th as well but havent hear any from them yet.thx

26 minutes ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Timeline:

Have you seen a letter from the Parents Visa Centre confirming the date your lodged your visa application?

Best regards.

8 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Can anyone remind me (and new members) what the points/discount card is for shopping in Oz, I can't remember how far back it was mentioned, is it the one attached to Coles or Woolworth or different? 

Also any news Catlady? I am hoping I have missed a posting and you now have your visa?

Sue

Still no news.  I spoke to my migration agent last week, who had visas granted for September people, so we're expecting mine soon.  

I googled "my" local shopping centre in Aus and found that I can get a senior discount card that covers most of the shops in there, as well as some nationally.  It generally gives about 10% off.  It would be worth googling "your" local shopping centre to see what they offer.

• Like 5