Guest guest36187

Back on the pension thing, I believe that as I'm not due to get my pension until 2020 the  pension is frozen from that date and not the date I move to Australia. ( whenever that may be ) 

That's my understanding too. Your state pension grows until your normal pension date. If you leave the U.K. earlier the growth isn't affected. But hey, I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

I'm not worried about them refusing me, more that they'll snatch it back! Last time we were in Singapore we didnt have a credit card with us and the hotel were really odd about not having a credit card. I've had time to think a bit now and I think I'll just take my current credit cards along and use them if needed ... We have an account in oz so it would only be during the journey. As far as our cc providers know we are just on a long holiday. Once were safely in Sydney we can just cancel them.  

Thanks for the response :-)

So many things to consider, I guess you need to get the post redirected for a while after you move also. So no problem then keeping the UK cards until everything gets sorted out in Australia.

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

I might be a bit thick but I really cannot see what a reciprocal agreement between UK an Australia has to do with me getting the fair amount of pension.My payment will be paid into my account by the UK government taken from the pot I have paid into for the last 50 years !. Could it be they ( the politicians) are finding any grubby way they can to make sure there's plenty in the pot for there massive pensions . No I take it back i am sure that wouldn't cross their minds .  I suppose it any of us cannot afford to exist on our frozen pensions we have the option of selling up and coming back to the UK. At least we will have had some quality time with the kids and grandkids. Awful thought but if needs must it's what we will have to do. I presume they won't be able to stop us ?

Trouble is there is no pot, all the money we have paid in has gone, they’ve spent it on all the important things like light bulbs and biscuits. So now our pensions have to come from the magic money tree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gafuk said:

Back on the pension thing, I believe that as I'm not due to get my pension until 2020 the  pension is frozen from that date and not the date I move to Australia. ( whenever that may be ) 

Have you received  AoS date , medicals date and police checks date in this week ?

• Like 1

That's more like it

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 November 2014.

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

That's more like it

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 November 2014.

Excellent news!

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

That's more like it

Hello bridgie 

please can you tell me where you found this latest update, I've done the usual test email and get no reply. 

Lorraine 

Edited by Lolly T

6 hours ago, bridgie said:

That's more like it

thats good news, i cant wait until they are processing 2015, then it will seem real

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

So many things to consider, I guess you need to get the post redirected for a while after you move also. So no problem then keeping the UK cards until everything gets sorted out in Australia.

Yes, we did that last week and I think I'm just going to keep quiet. We only really need them for the journey ... Certainly don't want to use UK credit cards in Oz, not with the huge fees.  i was staggered to notice that it cost more to redirect post to Australia than to Europe. Really! So it's not all higher prices :)

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 11:10, tabitha10 said:

sooo my understanding (had a reply from an email i sent)  is that are to do a blitz on temp (173) to perm (143) very soon......yay 

will keep you updated.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 12 October 2016. 

things are moving........yay

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tabitha10 said:

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 12 October 2016. 

things are moving........yay

That's good news, these 'upgrades' have been getting slower. And there is no real reason for this, as there's no 'cap' for this part of the process. I can see you are now over 4 years into this and I hope your journey is now nearly complete. Are you already settled in Australia?

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

That's good news, these 'upgrades' have been getting slower. And there is no real reason for this, as there's no 'cap' for this part of the process. I can see you are now over 4 years into this and I hope your journey is now nearly complete. Are you already settled in Australia?

No no...our decision though. We just didnt realise once we had decided when we wanted to go that it would be a snails pace to get there lol.

We still have lots to sort anyway..just want that email saying we can go when we want and work.

Our only daughter is having her first baby in Feb so really want to be there for that, my email from immi said they should complete it for us by Dec (i asked for Dec) as long as centrelink sort it, they are taking 3 months at the mo.

How about you where are you in the grand scheme of things??

• Like 1