Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

This is from the letter, but they acknowledgement email on 25 Mar 2015 ( while others here getting it after 1 month) 

Please help !

Untitled.png

Unfortunately I can't, as you already have a migration agent appointed to manage your visa application.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  I've filled in my application for the 600 visitor visa today, all done and paid on line, 141.37 AUD. I'm letting you know some of the detail whilst it's still fresh in my memory.  It specifically asked what family I had in Australia, where they lived and their residency /citizenship status.  Also it asked if I had a parent application in hand and where my application was in the queue (I basically put the date of application).  It asked whether I would want my visa duration to be longer than 12 months because of this, so I said "yes" ( though the max stay at any one point is still 12 months,  I answered NO to whether I had medical insurance but then it brought up a page asking whether I anticipated needing treatment whilst in Oz for  listed medical conditions.  Also it wanted details of how I would fund my stay. The application was quite long and detailed, but was straightforward enough and I didn't have to send any attachments.  Will let you know how I get on and how long it takes.  Fingers crossed!!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, MICHELLENGUYEN said:

Timeline:

My friend lodged 8 Dec 2014, just got invitation today !

I still did not get any from solicitor.

My lodgement date: 27 Nov 2014, Acknowledged 25 Mar 2015 ( does it caused problem, when my acknowledgment email came 3 months after lodgement ????) 

It's not exciting to wait when all other people behind me is getting invited !

Should I burn my solicitor's office down...i'm in vain !...:arghh:

IMMI's test email is still showing - "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 November 2014".

So there is no need to get the hump with your solicitor and I’m sure you’ll soon be chuffed to bits and it won’t be long before Bob’s your uncle and you’re having a knees up.

Are you using Google Translate? I’m not being funny but I love that wicked app and I hope this message doesn’t get Google’s knickers in a twist (well not too much).

6 hours ago, AMP said:

Hi everyone.  I've filled in my application for the 600 visitor visa today, all done and paid on line, 141.37 AUD. I'm letting you know some of the detail whilst it's still fresh in my memory.  It specifically asked what family I had in Australia, where they lived and their residency /citizenship status.  Also it asked if I had a parent application in hand and where my application was in the queue (I basically put the date of application).  It asked whether I would want my visa duration to be longer than 12 months because of this, so I said "yes" ( though the max stay at any one point is still 12 months,  I answered NO to whether I had medical insurance but then it brought up a page asking whether I anticipated needing treatment whilst in Oz for  listed medical conditions.  Also it wanted details of how I would fund my stay. The application was quite long and detailed, but was straightforward enough and I didn't have to send any attachments.  Will let you know how I get on and how long it takes.  Fingers crossed!!

Good luck Angela ours came through in days, less han a week but were different, my husbands had more conditions (no further stay) I queried this and they put it on mine too!  So not sure where we will be in 12 months, life is a challenge but glad to be in Oz in the winter sun getting ready for second grandchild. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Good luck Angela ours came through in days, less han a week but were different, my husbands had more conditions (no further stay) I queried this and they put it on mine too!  So not sure where we will be in 12 months, life is a challenge but glad to be in Oz in the winter sun getting ready for second grandchild. 

That now makes me scared.  I really don't want to have a no further stay condition added!  Do you have any idea why that was?  Also can you still leave and then apply again for another 600 or not?

2 hours ago, AMP said:

That now makes me scared.  I really don't want to have a no further stay condition added!  Do you have any idea why that was?  Also can you still leave and then apply again for another 600 or not?

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Not at all sure, the explanation of the ruling contradicted itself and we didn't get reply to query until we had arrived in Australia.

There was no obvious reason, we are only 6 months difference in age, applied the same day with the same details, but mine had virtually no conditions and my husbands did. 

It is worrying as we don't know whether our visa will come through by the time our 12month 600 visa is due to expire,  don't mind a few holidays but 6 months is a different matter, particularly when we were originally told 12-18 months and we thought if we allowed two years that would be fine, now looks like being over three years. The allocation allowed  per year isn't much if you think of this being world wide, the highest number of applicants being Chinese followed by Indians I think. We would like to buy land and build if possible but it is a risk to buy land before having the visa although I believe we are allowed to do that but not buy an existing property.

We have Bupa health cover and now registered for Medicare and driving license but just have to wait and see how it goes, it would help if we knew when we are likely to get the 143 visas as I would rather not rent for any length of time as we are now retired and house prices just keep on going up, but nothing we can do about it.

• Like 3

Hi Nyorksgrannie, can you tell me what all of your 600 conditions are please, and is it a 3 year visa?

I got my 600 F & F in July, we had a quick 14 days in Perth and I've got a one way flight booked for early Dec. My conditions are as follows:

Condition 8558 - I must not spend more than 12 months in Australia in any 18-month period;

Condition 8501 – I must maintain private health insurance whilst I am onshore;and

Condition 8503 – I must not lodge any further visa applications whilst I am onshore;

I intend applying for the new 3 year temp visa as soon as it's available (fingers and toes crossed) and as one of my conditions is that I can't apply for any other visas whilst onshore means I really need to be able to do that in November!! I'm not even sure if the 600 condition can apply when the new temp visa is an online visa - you theoretically you could be in the AIR and apply ONLINE!!

34 minutes ago, tiffany nguyen said:

Hi there, can anyone tell me that the deparment assess the aplication base on the lodge date or the date you received acknowledged letter? 

the deparment assess the aplication base on the date you received acknowledged letter

Edited by shopbaokha

Hurrah, today I am very relieved!  Just had my 600 visa through only 3 days after application.  It is valid until 11/8/22.  Only 2 conditions attached - 8101 No work and 8201 Max 3 months study.  Stay period is 12 months from date of each arrival  and travel facility is Multiple. It also doesn't even specify that I need to maintain private health insurance whilst in Oz. 

I must confess that I have been VERY anxious, particularly since some folks on here had been receiving 12 months and No further stay (Suzyq) or 12 months in 18 months (nyorksgrannie) conditions.  I really don't know how Immi decide, and it appears that  they are operating inconsistently,  but it has worked out for me and today I feel very grateful.  Looking forward to now feeling a bit more relaxed (Only a bit, since I still have all the stresses of preparing for the last bits re the sale of my house and everything else  involved in my move!!)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AMP said:

Hurrah, today I am very relieved!  Just had my 600 visa through only 3 days after application.  It is valid until 11/8/22.  Only 2 conditions attached - 8101 No work and 8201 Max 3 months study.  Stay period is 12 months from date of each arrival  and travel facility is Multiple. It also doesn't even specify that I need to maintain private health insurance whilst in Oz. 

I must confess that I have been VERY anxious, particularly since some folks on here had been receiving 12 months and No further stay (Suzyq) or 12 months in 18 months (nyorksgrannie) conditions.  I really don't know how Immi decide, and it appears that  they are operating inconsistently,  but it has worked out for me and today I feel very grateful.  Looking forward to now feeling a bit more relaxed (Only a bit, since I still have all the stresses of preparing for the last bits re the sale of my house and everything else  involved in my move!!)

Very happy for you -  phew!!

Does it activate visa  start date once you go over?  i.e.  12mths from when you land? Thanks 

Edited by Kathss56

22 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Does it activate visa  start date once you go over?  i.e.  12mths from when you land? Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes!

• Thanks 1

Hello Amp. 

Just saw your reply are you sure your visa is valid for 5 years until August 2022.

They are usually only valid for 1 year from date of issue. 

This will mean if it was issued August 2017, you would have to enter Australia before August 2018. And you could stay for 1 year.

4 hours ago, AMP said:

Hi Angela, very pleased to hear you have your visa, I originally had 8101 (no work) and 8201 (max 3 month study) with stay period 12 month from each arrival  on my visitor (subclass 600) multiple travel facility visa,and must not arrive after 20th March 2020.  I then found however that my husbands visa which he hadn't compared to mine but was applied for the same day had 8501 - maintain health insurance (which we have)

8503 - no further stay,   8558 max stay 12 month in 18 months,   8101 - no work , 8201 max 3 months study

Having queried this I then got a reply saying 'due to an oversight the following visa conditions applicable to you were not included in your application.

Condition 8558 Not resident - prevents the holder from staying in Australua for more than 12 months in any 18 month period. Your visa may be cancelled if you seek to return to Aus and stay for a period which would result in your spending more than 12 months in any 18

month period continuously.

8501 - health i surance

8503 - no further stay 'prevents the holder from lodging further visa applications while they remain in Australia.

Their explanation was " your visa provides for up to 12 months stay on each entry, Therefore if you left Aus after a stay of 10 months and returned (i.e. 2 months later) then you should not stay onshore more than six months.

Confusing, not sure if we can apply for another visa once offshore, I am hoping it won't be necessary and our 143 will come through as it seems a bit silly applying for the new 3 yr visa in November at this stage, but who knows with processing times.

On a happier note our second grandson was born today! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lolly T said:

Hello Amp. 

Just saw your reply are you sure your visa is valid for 5 years until August 2022.

They are usually only valid for 1 year from date of issue. 

This will mean if it was issued August 2017, you would have to enter Australia before August 2018. And you could stay for 1 year.

Well, it definitely says "must  not arrive after11/8/22" and it also definitely says "stay period 12 months from date of each arrival".  No mention at all of "12 months in any 18 month period".  Needless to say, I'm not going to query it!!

On another note altogether, congratulations nyorksgrannie on the birth of your second grandson!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Angela, very pleased to hear you have your visa, I originally had 8101 (no work) and 8201 (max 3 month study) with stay period 12 month from each arrival  on my visitor (subclass 600) multiple travel facility visa,and must not arrive after 20th March 2020.  I then found however that my husbands visa which he hadn't compared to mine but was applied for the same day had 8501 - maintain health insurance (which we have)

8503 - no further stay,   8558 max stay 12 month in 18 months,   8101 - no work , 8201 max 3 months study

Having queried this I then got a reply saying 'due to an oversight the following visa conditions applicable to you were not included in your application.

Condition 8558 Not resident - prevents the holder from staying in Australua for more than 12 months in any 18 month period. Your visa may be cancelled if you seek to return to Aus and stay for a period which would result in your spending more than 12 months in any 18

8501 - health i surance

8503 - no further stay 'prevents the holder from lodging further visa applications while they remain in Australia.

Their explanation was " your visa provides for up to 12 months stay on each entry, Therefore if you left Aus after a stay of 10 months and returned (i.e. 2 months later) then you should not stay onshore more than six months.

Confusing, not sure if we can apply for another visa once offshore, I am hoping it won't be necessary and our 143 will come through as it seems a bit silly applying for the new 3 yr visa in November at this stage, but who knows with processing times.

Many congrats ? and at least you are there!! 

Edited by Kathss56

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Well, it definitely says "must  not arrive after11/8/22" and it also definitely says "stay period 12 months from date of each arrival".  No mention at all of "12 months in any 18 month period".  Needless to say, I'm not going to query it!!

On another note altogether, congratulations nyorksgrannie on the birth of your second grandson!

Flipping eck! 

I'm pretty sure all these different dates conditions are just to drive us all insane so we will give up!  :arghh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

8501 - health i surance

Congratulations !

7 hours ago, AMP said:

And so welcome to the new madhouse ... I've been madly ticking things off my 'to do ' list all week ... Or not. If I have to listen to one more robotic voice telling me that my call is important to them and they will try to connect me soon, I'll scream. Ditto those mad web sites that take you round in circles but never to the actual page with the actual address so that you can actually write a letter to these people because nothing else is working. Worst culprits? HM tax, swiftly followed by teachers pensions. We are slowly getting rid of all the stuff we aren't taking. I'll be so glad when it's all done and I really can relax. D day is a week today. 

• Like 5