Guest guest36187

Hi Amanda

Had the most fab day, went with daughter and family to see the 20week scan of our grand daughter to be! 

So glad we went through the visa process when we did or we wouldn't have been here for this very exciting time in our lives.

hope you are well and settled.

Julie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AmandaJB said:

Hiya Julie, 

Good to hear from you too. I've been watching these posts and remembering what we went through back in the day! I cannot believe the delays now.  Thank goodness it's all in the past for us now but Ifeel very bad for all now waiting because we remember the frustrations. I'm happy to answer anyone's questions about settling, working, insurances, shopping, banking  and the big move etc. Hope you're all doing brilliantly Julie  ? And the family's all well. 

Have a fab weekend 

Amanda 

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Global processing times updatd today - gone up again slightly from last month!IMG_0551.thumb.PNG.7b08187acbcdbc55a701a543aa11fea0.PNG

That's disappointing.  We were given a boost when the processing date moved on three weeks ago to 15 Nov 14 , but now the 143 processing times have dropped back another couple of months. It really is a roller coaster ride.

9 hours ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Amanda

Had the most fab day, went with daughter and family to see the 20week scan of our grand daughter to be! 

So glad we went through the visa process when we did or we wouldn't have been here for this very exciting time in our lives.

hope you are well and settled.

Julie

That's brilliant news Julie, really pleased for you ? You must all be very excited and very happy to be able to share these family times.  Hope you've settled well too. We rented for six months but are now in our own place, which is so much better, especially that we can do what we like with the house. Both working full time and see the family most weekends or meet up some evenings. All great!!  How's your home building going? I hope everything is on track. 

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Test reply from Immi yesterday - " currently processing applications lodged up to and including 25th November 2014".   (143/173  visas).

It's been on that since 1st August..........:(

Just want it to move...6 days...that's all I ask!!!

• Like 2

Top hint from intrepid emigree ... Don't leave the bag with your tickets, address book, computer memory sticks and the book with all your bank details in a bag in your neighbours house and set off to your sisters house on the train ...

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 18 August 2017 at 10:36, AmandaJB said:

Hi Fisher1 ! How exciting that you're finally almost on your way! I can just imagine how you feel, there are so many emotions. We are settled in Sydney's Hawkesbury District and very happy with our decision (it's more affordable than the rest of Sydney but still close enough to everything we need). I'll be interested to see where you settle, and wish you all the happiness you so deserve! 

Good luck, enjoy and wish you all the best

Amanda

Thanks Amanda. Lovely to hear from you, I'm glad you are happily settled. We're looking at Kiama at the mo., will keep you posted.:)

41 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Top hint from intrepid emigree ... Don't leave the bag with your tickets, address book, computer memory sticks and the book with all your bank details in a bag in your neighbours house and set off to your sisters house on the train ...

:biglaugh:Oh dear. I call it emigration brain!

Good luck for your new adventure.

• Like 2

On 19 August 2017 at 23:38, NanaJan said:

:biglaugh:Oh dear. I call it emigration brain!

Good luck for your new adventure.

Hmm looks like we'll have to hit the ground running ... My daughter had the back door slam on her had two days ago and has lost the tip of her middle finger, which is broken. Right hand and yes, she's right handed. Not ideal when you're 38 weeks pregnant. With a two year old to be cared for they are counting the days till we get there ...

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Hmm looks like we'll have to hit the ground running ... My daughter had the back door slam on her had two days ago and has lost the tip of her middle finger, which is broken. Right hand and yes, she's right handed. Not ideal when you're 38 weeks pregnant. With a two year old to be cared for they are counting the days till we get there ...

Oh nooo poor thing. She will always need her MUM good job you won't be long now ?

• Like 1

On 20/08/2017 at 07:57, Fisher1 said:

Thanks Amanda. Lovely to hear from you, I'm glad you are happily settled. We're looking at Kiama at the mo., will keep you posted.:)

On 20/08/2017 at 07:57, Fisher1 said:

Kiama looks lovely! Best of luck in all your plans and wishing your daughter a very speedy recovery! That must be so painful, and so close to her due date. Lucky you're on your way!  

Safe travels

• Like 1

Hi everyone !
is anyone know about parents visa , i got PR this year , can i sponser my parents to apply for PR ? or i have to wait for two years ?
thanks 

The following is taken from the Australian government website:
'All applicants for parent migration must be sponsored. At the time the visa application is made, the sponsor must be a 'settled' Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. 'Settled' means a person must have been a resident in Australia for a reasonable period, which under policy is usually two years.'
I hope this helps. Good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

1 hour ago, David Leask said:

'All applicants for parent migration must be sponsored. At the time the visa application is made, the sponsor must be a 'settled' Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. 'Settled' means a person must have been a resident in Australia for a reasonable period, which under policy is usually two years.'
I hope this helps. Good luck emoji4.png

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/parent-visa-applications-the-need-for-a-settled-sponsor/

Department of Immigration policy in the context of settled sponsors is not quite as restrictive as it used to be.

Best regards.

On 21/08/2017 at 14:04, Fisher1 said:

Oh no, that must be awful for her. I'm sure you will be an absolute godsend when you get there.

Enjoy every moment:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Leask said:

I hope this helps. Good luck emoji4.png

thanks mate 

i am resident in australian for 8 years 

but being PR only 6 months , is ok to sponser parents ?

thanks heaps 

On 8/8/2017 at 17:38, Catlady2014 said:

Still no news.  I spoke to my migration agent last week, who had visas granted for September people, so we're expecting mine soon.  

I googled "my" local shopping centre in Aus and found that I can get a senior discount card that covers most of the shops in there, as well as some nationally.  It generally gives about 10% off.  It would be worth googling "your" local shopping centre to see what they offer.

Any update yet Catlady? I noticed a request for a second vac payment on another site for a 4th Nov 2014 date, you must be so close!

13 minutes ago, BrendaM said:

Any update yet Catlady? I noticed a request for a second vac payment on another site for a 4th Nov 2014 date, you must be so close!

No, not yet BrendaM.  I spoke to my agent again this week and we expect to hear any day now.  She has several others still waiting who lodged at the same time as me.  Meantime, I'm trying not to stress about it, although it's difficult with the £ dipping again.   

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

No, not yet BrendaM.  I spoke to my agent again this week and we expect to hear any day now.  She has several others still waiting who lodged at the same time as me.  Meantime, I'm trying not to stress about it, although it's difficult with the £ dipping again.   

Fingers and toes crossed for you it happens soon!

2 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Goodness. It must be so frustrating for you. I can't believe how long it is taking. I expect to hear your whoop of joy over here in Australia when you eventually get your visa. 

@BrendaM how's it going for you? We are so close on our lodgement dates.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Goodness. It must be so frustrating for you. I can't believe how long it is taking. I expect to hear your whoop of joy over here in Australia when you eventually get your visa. 

@BrendaM how's it going for you? We are so close on our lodgement dates.

Medicals and police checks done and AOS under way. Just hoping we will both be in the next update for processing!

Hi all

Quick update on our progress - had a very smooth journey (apart from the hasty trip to collect forgotten docs.) and srrived yesterday evening. Our daughter's in good spirits in spite of the mashed finger ... So great to see them. Her partner picked us up at the airport with a big bunch of flowers and a balloon saying "Welcome to Australia" which for some reason made me want to cry.  

We will tackle the new round of paper pushing from tomorrow but have spent today getting to know our two year old grandson again and chatting over coffee and cake. 

Useful info we found out today:- We knew that first time buyers got s rebate on purchase tax for properties under $650,000 but thought that once you went over that you had to pay tax on the entire amount. Probably we're the only idiots that misunderstood this, but in case we aren't, we found out today that (in NSW) first time buyers only pay tax on the extra bit. every little helps!

Hoping the queue in the waiting room shuffles forward a bit more this week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1