Guest guest36187

Yippee! Just checked our emails and YES!!! we have our Visa grant letter!!!:biggrin: Such a relief! Thank you everyone for your help and support along the way. Good luck to those still waiting! Angie x

Congratulations Angie & Ted! I suppose there'll be more corks popping tonight! Soon be there enjoying the sunshine!

I got an email form immi this morning too. I asked them last week when they are likely to request the final VAC and got the usual blah blah reply. So, we booked a cheeky little week in the Canaries (going this afternoon) and today we get the email asking for the dosh. Typical! Anyway they can wait till we get home - I refuse to stress about this process any more!

Have a lovely weekend celebrating!

Val x

Yippee! Just checked our emails and YES!!! we have our Visa grant letter!!!:biggrin: Such a relief! Thank you everyone for your help and support along the way. Good luck to those still waiting! Angie x

So happy for you guys :biggrin: And just a teensy bit jealous :wub:

Live your dream :cool:

Phoebe

WONDERFUL NEWS -what a fantastic feeling it must be

all the best Moira

Guest guest72525

Hi

Has anyone used the parent queue calculator on the DIAC website? If so how reliable is it?

My parents applied for a 143, date of acknowledgement 19 June this year. On 23 july when my dad checked, they were 110 in the 143 queue. On 23 August they were 60 in line! We assumed this was due to the new financial year and new quota of visas available.

He has now been back-checking and sees that those who got acknowledgement on 6 June 2012 are listed as 30 in line, and they (only 13 days later) are 60. They are coming to Perth on a 3 month visitors visa in 2 weeks time, and now wondering if they should do their medicals before they come! I am cynical about the queueing system and don't want them to get their hopes up as it seems much to quick.

Has anyone got insight into this queue calculator? Any personal experiences of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Pete and Marg, thanks for that will probably go with Singapore Airlines as they seem the cheapest and then annoy the daylights out of them.

Fran.

The good thing about Singapore Airlines is that they double your baggage allowance if you're emigrating with an unstamped permanent visa in your passport. Else, a letterfrom the Australian high Commission. that's why we booked with them too.

John & Eirian

Absolutely brilliant, Angie.

You've been so patient and such a great contributor to this forum. Isn't it odd the way you're pleased to pay the second VAC?

I think all will be plain sailing (or flying) from here on in.

Good luck.

John & Eirian

Congratulations Angie & Ted! I suppose there'll be more corks popping tonight! Soon be there enjoying the sunshine!

I got an email form immi this morning too. I asked them last week when they are likely to request the final VAC and got the usual blah blah reply. So, we booked a cheeky little week in the Canaries (going this afternoon) and today we get the email asking for the dosh. Typical! Anyway they can wait till we get home - I refuse to stress about this process any more!

Have a lovely weekend celebrating!

Val x

Va Va Voooom!

That's the spirit, Val.

Enjoy your hol and make them wait!

John & Eirian

The good thing about Singapore Airlines is that they double your baggage allowance if you're emigrating with an unstamped permanent visa in your passport. Else, a letterfrom the Australian high Commission. that's why we booked with them too.

John & Eirian

Hi, I am going on the 173 temporary parents visa so I'd say I will have a job on my hands to get any extra baggage, but I'll try anyway. Thanks for the info.

Fran.

Hi All, just saw on the tracker list that two others have gotten their CO's, great to see it moving. Just wondering if it was just the letter asking re medicals and Form 80 etc that is being sent out in advance of CO being appointed or was it actually appointing a CO. The acknowledgement dates were in August. Not complaining though as my acknowledgement date is 6th September 2011 and If I'm lucky I could get a CO sooner than expected.

Fran.

Hi All, just saw on the tracker list that two others have gotten their CO's, great to see it moving. Just wondering if it was just the letter asking re medicals and Form 80 etc that is being sent out in advance of CO being appointed or was it actually appointing a CO. The acknowledgement dates were in August. Not complaining though as my acknowledgement date is 6th September 2011 and If I'm lucky I could get a CO sooner than expected.

Fran.

They don't seem to go in any particular order on getting allocated a CO, do the applications just get selected out of a pile or are they supposed to be selected in order of lodgement, as you say though fran it's grand to see the tracker moving with a bit of speed, lets hope they keep it up, i am looking forward to my holiday in Brisi. Ann

Hello everyone and thank you for your good wishes and kind words.

Val - Had to smile at your post about the reply you usually get from immigration; 'blah blah'; it's just so true! :cute: Enjoy your holiday and yes make them wait for the dosh!!

John and Eirian - talking of dosh you're right it is strange how we can't wait to pay the big amount over and yet I'm forever shopping around looking to save a few pence! Crazy or what? :frown:

Angie x

Fran.

Hi Fran. Our experience was that we were asked to have our medicals and police checks done to 'speed' the process up prior to being allocated a CO. We found out we had a CO allocated by accident when we emailed over the PC's. Immigration sent back an email stating we must post them FAO our CO and gave us his name. However it was only when were contacted directly by our CO that things really started moving. He asked both of us to complete a Form 80. We did this and emailed the forms and other relevant paperwork over to him. We had intended posting but hubby telephoned our CO and he was happy for the forms to be emailed. Very shortly afterwards we had an letter emailed to us asking for the 2nd VAC. Once the payment was received in Perth it was just days for the Visa to be granted. Others may have had a different experience. I guess it depends on who your CO is. Angie x

Fantastic news Angie, really pleased for you. We're currently in London ready to fly on Sunday. It's really happening!

Kim x

Hi

Has anyone used the parent queue calculator on the DIAC website? If so how reliable is it?

My parents applied for a 143, date of acknowledgement 19 June this year. On 23 july when my dad checked, they were 110 in the 143 queue. On 23 August they were 60 in line! We assumed this was due to the new financial year and new quota of visas available.

He has now been back-checking and sees that those who got acknowledgement on 6 June 2012 are listed as 30 in line, and they (only 13 days later) are 60. They are coming to Perth on a 3 month visitors visa in 2 weeks time, and now wondering if they should do their medicals before they come! I am cynical about the queueing system and don't want them to get their hopes up as it seems much to quick.

Has anyone got insight into this queue calculator? Any personal experiences of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle. We did start looking at the queue calculator when we first lodged our application but to be honest it really doesn't appear to work too well. Your best way of judging how quickly the process takes is to have a look at the tracker that was set up by another parent. This gives a good indication of timescales from start to finish. Here's the link: http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php. Hope this helps. Angie

Edited by brummiebabies

Hi

Thanks

Michelle

We had the same experiance with the DIAC calculator, and thought it was great the way the queue was going down so much. But then it all stopped we enquired with DIAC only to be told the calculator does'nt work for Visa 143 ( why have it on the list then?) The best indication of timescales from start to finish is the tracker as posted by brummiebabies. http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php.

Edited by stephsuej
spelling

Guest guest72525
We had the same experiance with the DIAC calculator, and thought it was great the way the queue was going down so much. But then it all stopped we enquired with DIAC only to be told the calculator does'nt work for Visa 143 ( why have it on the list then?) The best indication of timescales from start to finish is the tracker as posted by brummiebabies. http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php.

Thanks for input to both of you. I suspected it was too good to be true and noticed the difference with the tracker used by people on this thread!! I will let my parent know to try not to get excited...

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Congratulations to all you lucky people who have recently been granted visas. I wish you well on your journeys, Although my acknowledgement was only in June I am quite surprised at how fast time is going and hopefully this time next year I will be in Oz if house has sold, whether visa granted or not. Started de-cluttering today up in the loft so I feel I am doing something constructive.

Cath

Congratulations to all you lucky people who have recently been granted visas. I wish you well on your journeys, Although my acknowledgement was only in June I am quite surprised at how fast time is going and hopefully this time next year I will be in Oz if house has sold, whether visa granted or not. Started de-cluttering today up in the loft so I feel I am doing something constructive.

Cath

Cath, you will there before you know it!

We started de-cluttering the house about 12 months ago and slowly continued throughout the year. It makes it so much easier and also begins the process of 'letting go'. Doing it gradually we found it wasn't so painful. I have been busy today putting the last bits and pieces on Freecycle and then a few trips to the local tip should clear the rest. Angie x

Edited by brummiebabies

Once the payment was received in Perth it was just days for the Visa to be granted. Others may have had a different experience. I guess it depends on who your CO is. Angie x

Too true, Angie.

If anyone gets a CO called Rozelle Surman, they're really really lucky.

She was truly fantastic and friendly too. Every mail from me asking silly questions was replied to before I woke the next morning.

Caring , or wot?

John & Eirian

Thanks for input to both of you. I suspected it was too good to be true and noticed the difference with the tracker used by people on this thread!! I will let my parent know to try not to get excited...

Yes, when we first looked at the queue calculator in Jan 2011 we thought, foolishly, that we'd be settled in Sydney that same year!

John & Eirian

Also I have been told that items such as settee and mattress are very likely to get mould, I will take out the insurance but I am also wondering if it is worth taking them.?

Moira

Hi

We had mould problems with a some furniture items and a matress. We had to dispose of some as we couldn't get rid of the mould.

Charlie