Guest guest36187

In a roundabout way we heard today that we have been allocated a Case Officer. We sent an email yesterday attaching scanned copies of our Police Certs and got a reply this morning advising scanned copies were not accepted. They have asked us to post them for the attention of our CO and gave us his name - first we knew about it!! Our Son in Law has set up the AOS bank account and is just waiting for the paperwork to send to Centrelink - dreading this bit reading recent comments. At least things seem to be progressing. Angie

Hi Angie, this is the most positive news! As we have the same ack date as you we surely will hear something soon!!!!!! I know they have the wrong email address for us, so which email address did you use, as when I emailed them with the right address all I got was an automated response, and so I feel as if there is no-one has read mine! It will take forever if they post everything to us!

Oh my goodnes Angie, so close now.............

Val x

Hi

I do know it's a benefit from Centrelink because of the carbon tax due to come in as my daughter has received it but I don't know if it comes out of AoS. I would be ringing Centrelink to ask unless someone here knows for sure :biggrin:

Phoebe

Hey

Has anyone else had this dilemma? I have recently applied for a Commonwealth Seniors Health card as we have been here nearly 3 years. The card application has been successful and I am just waiting for it to be delivered. But I have also received a payment into my bank account for Clean energy of $180 which I did not request. Does any one know if this counts as a Centrelink benefit against the Assurance of Support? If so I shall be sending it back!

Marian

Hey Marian!

Maybe it's like our winter heating bonus over here?!?

Seriously, I have no idea, just wanted to say Hi! Hope you're still enjoying your lovely life out there.......

Cheers Pam

Edited by Stellathedog
Spelling mistake!

Hi,

Just been granted 2 year CPV and will be applying for permanent visa. Does anyone have any idea how long that might take ?

Can't sell house etc. until I have permanent visa but want to be with son and family....

They give the normal processing time as 4-6 months but ours took 7 months due to slow progress with Centrelink (which seems to be others experience at the moment from posts on here).

Hi Angie, this is the most positive news! As we have the same ack date as you we surely will hear something soon!!!!!! I know they have the wrong email address for us, so which email address did you use, as when I emailed them with the right address all I got was an automated response, and so I feel as if there is no-one has read mine! It will take forever if they post everything to us!

Oh my goodnes Angie, so close now.............

Val x

Hi Val. It really does seem close now! I'm starting to feel a bit wobbly about leaving family and friends. It has always been in my mind of course but it seemed a long way off and now I'm really dreading the goodbyes! Still the world is a much smaller place with the help of modern technology.

The email address we used to send over the police certs was pvc.team2@immi.gov.au. We were surprised that they responded so quickly - we sent the email on Thursday night and the reply was there first thing Friday morning. We had asked them to use another email address which they also did! So a very efficient response for us.

Hope you hear something soon - I'm sure you will. Keep us posted!! Angie x

Edited by brummiebabies

Hi Angie

I am wobbling with you and I am not near as you. Just extending the lease on my flat so that I can sell it, but I think it will cost more than I expected, so few sleepless night over finances, but that seems to be part of the course. I just keep thinking of this time next year when I will be over in Oz.

Best wishes Moira

Hi Angie

I am wobbling with you and I am not near as you. Just extending the lease on my flat so that I can sell it, but I think it will cost more than I expected, so few sleepless night over finances, but that seems to be part of the course. I just keep thinking of this time next year when I will be over in Oz.

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira. Yes we too have had big concerns over finances. Good luck with your flat and hope all goes well. We are very fortunate that we have recently sold our house STC although it has been on the market since February with only 2 viewings. The London property market does not appear to have suffered like the rest of the country so you should be okay when the time comes to sell. Here's hoping we don't have too many wobbles! Angie

Edited by brummiebabies
spelling

Woo Hoo! We got our Case Officer today!!!! So excited can hardly speak! We have to provide Form 80 and copies of passport, but Ohhh the relief! Did you all not hear my screams of joy at 05.50 this morning!!!

Val x

So it was you woke me up soooo early Val, so excited for you and the relief must be huge, it won't be long before your up and away starting anew. Also it means i am not far behind you now. Great news !! I'm Gilly on the tracker so just behind you. Yay !!!! Ann

Woo Hoo! We got our Case Officer today!!!! So excited can hardly speak! We have to provide Form 80 and copies of passport, but Ohhh the relief! Did you all not hear my screams of joy at 05.50 this morning!!!

Val x

Yippee! Fantastic news Val! - it's all going to start happening now!! Angie

Val x

Hi there!, Really pleased for you - you'll be feeling quite high for the next few days I'll bet. Good luck with the Form 80.................if you're anything like us, we used to go abroad 2 or 3 times a year till our child in Oz had a baby. Much of it was approximate guesses.

We had a reply from DIAC this morning too, acknowledging that they had got the Centrelink forms - its only taken them 3 weeks to reply to my email!

Won't be long now until you have the visa...............Val x

Val x

Hi Val

Sooooo happy for you :biggrin:

Phoebe

Hi there!, Really pleased for you - you'll be feeling quite high for the next few days I'll bet. Good luck with the Form 80.................if you're anything like us, we used to go abroad 2 or 3 times a year till our child in Oz had a baby. Much of it was approximate guesses.

We had a reply from DIAC this morning too, acknowledging that they had got the Centrelink forms - its only taken them 3 weeks to reply to my email!

Won't be long now until you have the visa...............Val x

From one Val to another! Yes, I am as high as a kite! Now all we want is to become one of the 100 Lotto Millionaires on Friday and life would be sweet! But will settle for a Visa! Hey Ho!! Have started filling out the Form 80 and you are quite right regarding previous holidays etc, almost impossible to answer. Luckily, I have all our old passports so at least all visits to Oz are accurate, but elsewhere/Europe and passports don't get stamped any more do they? And I have had more jobs than hot dinners, so that is going to be a shot in the dark too! Hubby o.k. with that one as he worked in the one place all his working life! Hmm, think I'll have a coffee to try to rejuvenate some brain cells!

Val x

G'Day all

It seems that DIAC are a tad more efficient internally than they are at communicating!

After frustration at hearing nothing about receipt of our $32k 2nd VAC payment (which our daughter express-mailed to them by bank draft over four weeks ago), and getting no reply to three emails sent to our CO, this morning I wrote an email again to the general "parents@immi" address, cc'd to our CO. (We knew that someone had cashed the draft, as the bank confirmed this.)

Within five minutes :arghh:a reply came back from the CO saying that our 143 visas were granted on 27 June, and a letter was mailed out that day to that effect. A copy of the letter was attached, and at the top it says clearly "By email..." Except that someone forgot, and as far as we know the hard copy is still winging its way somewhere between Perth and London...

Anyhow, the important thing is that we are now officially perma-residents! We only feel cheated that we didn't have a chance to raise a glass – well, not for that reason, anyway – earlier! Now it just seems a little bit of an anticlimax.

But we do wish the very best of luck to all those following the same path; and thanks to everyone – especially the sadly missed Gollywobbler – who helped us on the way. We look forward to meeting up (again, in some cases), other parent-immigrants in Sydney

Mike & Sue

Edited by MikenSueNW3

G'Day all

It seems that DIAC are a tad more efficient internally than they are at communicating!

After frustration at hearing nothing about receipt of our $32k 2nd VAC payment (which our daughter express-mailed to them by bank draft over four weeks ago), and getting no reply to three emails sent to our CO, this morning I wrote an email again to the general "parents@immi" address, cc'd to our CO. (We knew that someone had cashed the draft, as the bank confirmed this.)

Within five minutes :arghh:a reply came back from the CO saying that our 143 visas were granted on 27 June, and a letter was mailed out that day to that effect. A copy of the letter was attached, and at the top it says clearly "By email..." Except that someone forgot, and as far as we know the hard copy is still winging its way somewhere between Perth and London...

Anyhow, the important thing is that we are now officially perma-residents! We only feel cheated that we didn't have a chance to raise a glass – well, not for that reason, anyway – earlier! Now it just seems a little bit of an anticlimax.

But we do wish the very best of luck to all those following the same path; and thanks to everyone – especially the sadly missed Gollywobbler – who helped us on the way. We look forward to meeting up (again, in some cases), other parent-immigrants in Sydney

Mike & Sue

Heartfelt congrats, Mike & Sue.

You must stay on this forum after your departure, as you've been a huge source of reliable and detailed information over the last year or so for many of us.

We must meet up with the Sydneysiders gang this Spring, like you did last Xmas ... again courtesy of Marian?

We're hoping to go for good mid September, having been very lucky with house sale, etc.

In fact, we've already bought an apartment, car, etc, and got our Medicare cards, Senior Citizen cards, Tax file numbers, et al. Anything we're missing?!

Gud on ya mites!

John & Eirian

Heartfelt congrats, Mike & Sue.

You must stay on this forum after your departure, as you've been a huge source of reliable and detailed information over the last year or so for many of us.

We must meet up with the Sydneysiders gang this Spring, like you did last Xmas ... again courtesy of Marian?

We're hoping to go for good mid September, having been very lucky with house sale, etc.

In fact, we've already bought an apartment, car, etc, and got our Medicare cards, Senior Citizen cards, Tax file numbers, et al. Anything we're missing?!

Gud on ya mites!

John & Eirian

Many thanks for the kind comments.

We'd love to meet up again – we're on the lower North Shore. Anyone up for it, just PM us! We're due to arrive mid-October.

Mike and Sue

Hi Mike & Sue,

Congratulations on your visa grant. Was such a pity they didn't let you know at the time though. I don't know what is going on with DIAC at the moment, they seem to have changed all the rules since last year. I note that it was almost 2 years to the day between your 173 acknowledgement the the grant of your 143. Well its our 2 year 173 acknowledgement this week but sadly no 143 visa grant for us just yet.

I hope you'll keep in touch with us all - I'm waiting to hear all about your shipping/import stories and beyond.

Best wishes to you both............Val x

Hi Mike & Sue,

Congratulations on your visa grant. Was such a pity they didn't let you know at the time though. I don't know what is going on with DIAC at the moment, they seem to have changed all the rules since last year. I note that it was almost 2 years to the day between your 173 acknowledgement the the grant of your 143. Well its our 2 year 173 acknowledgement this week but sadly no 143 visa grant for us just yet.

I hope you'll keep in touch with us all - I'm waiting to hear all about your shipping/import stories and beyond.

Best wishes to you both............Val x

Thanks for your wishes, Val.

Keep calm! – I'm sure your time will come pretty soon, if they have your AoS stuff. As I said, their real problem seems to be communication, and I guess that's largely down to the individual CO. Ours for the original 173 was much better than the current one.

When did you actually apply for the 173>143? For us, that process has taken a bit over six months.

Fingers crossed, Mike

Hi Mike & Sue,

Yes you're right - communication is a concern. Especially when every email reply begins with "Please do not reply to the sender of this email as you will get no response". It doesn't fill you with optimism.

We only applied early in May this year and only 8 days later were contacted and asked to arrange the AoS so I naturally assumed things would progress quickly. Centrelink have taken up all the time from late May until now. DIAC don't appear to be in much of a rush for their final VAC so let it earn a bit more interest at ANZ. We have a Christmas visit booked (bargain flights) so if the visa is granted by then, great. If not, so be it. We haven't sold the house yet so we can't rush.

Hope you're both enjoying life "on the road" - you ought to start a blog, I'm sure it would be an interesting read!

Val x

Hey John and Eirian

Really looking forward to meeting up again in the Spring. We are both well and happy and enjoying the lovely Northern Beaches! Rachel is waiting on tenterhooks for her Parents to hear from their Case Officer.

See you very soon

Marian and Ian

Guest haldis

does anyone know about the timescale involved from lodging the Assurance of Support money with Centre Link in Sydney to actually receiving our contributory parents visa (sub class 143)

does anyone know about the timescale involved from lodging the Assurance of Support money with Centre Link in Sydney to actually receiving our contributory parents visa (sub class 143)

More to the point may be payment of the Final VAC - the big one!

After that, it should be a matter of days.

Mike

PS: See also our personal timeline below.

Guest nutmeg
Hi Val. It really does seem close now! I'm starting to feel a bit wobbly about leaving family and friends. It has always been in my mind of course but it seemed a long way off and now I'm really dreading the goodbyes! Still the world is a much smaller place with the help of modern technology.

The email address we used to send over the police certs was pvc.team2@immi.gov.au. We were surprised that they responded so quickly - we sent the email on Thursday night and the reply was there first thing Friday morning. We had asked them to use another email address which they also did! So a very efficient response for us.

Hope you hear something soon - I'm sure you will. Keep us posted!! Angie x

Hi Angie,

I have been getting lots of info from this website. My husband and me are also going to Brisbane on 143 visa. We are just in the process of arranging AOS payment. I am starting to feel a little wobbly too now that it is getting close to us actually going!

It won't be easy saying goodbye to family and friends!

Regards

Nutmeg.