Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

8 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi,

Is Anyone else having trouble applying  for AOS online? Since Last Friday I keep getting an error message : " Service currently not Available". I have read on the forum that the most efficient way to do the AOS is thru myGov, but I wonder if only I am having this  error message on all my devices. 

Hi Bear,

I had same problem, but I cancelled that application and started new, then it went through..

11 hours ago, Samvaz99 said:

Hi Bear,

I had same problem, but I cancelled that application and started new, then it went through..

Hi Samvaz,

Thanks for responding. The problem is, I can't even go to the Centrelink drop menu. I'm assuming AOS is placed  under "payments and claims? or is it on another menu?

Judy

1 hour ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi Samvaz,

Thanks for responding. The problem is, I can't even go to the Centrelink drop menu. I'm assuming AOS is placed  under "payments and claims? or is it on another menu?

Judy

Yes Judy, it’s under ‘payments and claims ‘ the bottom option ‘Assurance of Support ‘

3 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi Samvaz,

Judy

Might be worth trying a different web browser. Firefox is a pretty good one if you haven't already tried it.

• Thanks 1

Hi all

Just went to centrelink to apply for AOS. 
It’s so confused. They just did confirmation of identity, and took the AOS form without asking ( Department of Home Affairs letter, any documents,...) she not even read the forms, just signed as the witness only. Then she said that’s all done. When I asked her about what is next. She said she has no idea. All she doing is scan and submit it. If I need to know anything, call the service number 😞 

Does anyone experience like me? Is it just first step normally? Will I expected another appointment or interview? 

( I didn’t have the CRN to register online, and Centrelink is just next door, so I thought it would be easier to just apply in person) 

Thanks 😞

On 19/12/2019 at 16:19, Doris said:

Hi all

Just went to centrelink to apply for AOS. 
It’s so confused. They just did confirmation of identity, and took the AOS form without asking ( Department of Home Affairs letter, any documents,...) she not even read the forms, just signed as the witness only. Then she said that’s all done. When I asked her about what is next. She said she has no idea. All she doing is scan and submit it. If I need to know anything, call the service number 😞 

Does anyone experience like me? Is it just first step normally? Will I expected another appointment or interview? 

( I didn’t have the CRN to register online, and Centrelink is just next door, so I thought it would be easier to just apply in person) 

Thanks 😞

They are not supposed to do all these. There must be some other people in Centrelink to verify all docs. Don't worry, they will inform you if some more docs require.

On 21/12/2019 at 10:42, Greece said:

They are not supposed to do all these. There must be some other people in Centrelink to verify all docs. Don't worry, they will inform you if some more docs require.

Another year has gone by waiting and waiting. 

Are there any more Feb'16 onwards applicants who have heard from the department for further docs?

Happy New Year to all on this forum.

Happy New Year to all! A great start to the New Year for us........we’ve got our case officer and the request to submit further documents! Got an email from our agent yesterday. Great to see further movement and I’m sure more people on the forum will be getting an email very soon. Woohoo 🎉 🥳.

Edited by MajHam
  • Congratulations 10

10 hours ago, MajHam said:

Happy New Year to all! A great start to the New Year for us........we’ve got our case officer and the request to submit further documents! Got an email from our agent yesterday. Great to see further movement and I’m sure more people on the forum will be getting an email very soon. Woohoo 🎉 🥳.

Good to hear things are moving again. Must be @Kathss56 turn next.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ArafatG said:

Are you implying those months will have longer processing time compared to other early months. I’m at June 2016 🤔 

@ArafatG I guess that may be the case as the number of applications are high for some reason during the month of June in 2016 and 2017. We too have applied for in June 2016.

Hoping a large number of those are 173 and not 143 applications 🙂

Hi,

A small update to show there is progress. We were asked today for some more information, so although progress is agonisingly slow we are still shuffling forward. No news on the AOS interview as yet. Looking at current time lines that window should be opening in about two weeks. Interestingly it is 4 years to the day since we received notification of our application .

chins up😀👍

Bridgie

• Like 3

On 13/08/2019 at 22:42, JayInAustralia said:

1 Sept 2015 143 Applied

22 Feb 2019 Form 80/medicals etc requested

22 Mar 2019 AoS lodged 

12 Jul 2019 Centrelink accepted AoS. They messed around with this and we didn't know it was accepted until 29 July. Our sponsor in Australia visited Centrelink to clarify what's happening and they eventually informed that it was processed. 

29 Jul 2019 Passed on the AoS acceptance to CO to resume processing for visa

8 Aug 2019 2nd VAC requested 

9 Aug 2019 2nd VAC paid

10 Aug 2019 Department requested our son who is dependent child in the application, exit Australia for our visa to finalise

13 Aug 2019 VISA GRANT! Our son flew out in the morning and a couple hours later our visa was approved 

Hi JayInAustralia, wondering in the visa grant notice, did they attach any conditions like 8502? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, is there any conditions usually applied on Visa Grant Notice SC143? My case is with a dependent, the dependent is studying in Australia, so she’ll have to leave the country before the visa granted; and she has to enter australia (before the main applicant) as soon as visa granted to continue the semester at school; just worrying the condition 8502 is likely to apply on SC 143?

Thanks

On 07/01/2020 at 07:44, bridgie said:

Hi,

A small update to show there is progress. We were asked today for some more information, so although progress is agonisingly slow we are still shuffling forward. No news on the AOS interview as yet. Looking at current time lines that window should be opening in about two weeks. Interestingly it is 4 years to the day since we received notification of our application .

chins up😀👍

Bridgie

Hi Bridgie, We were nearly 4 months from invitation to Grant. The time goes very slow while you’re waiting for information at each stage. Hopefully you’ll here soon.🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Bridgie, We were nearly 4 months from invitation to Grant. The time goes very slow while you’re waiting for information at each stage. Hopefully you’ll here soon.🤞🤞

Thanks JBT, we’re pretty sanguine about it now😀😀🍷👍

• Like 2

On 06/01/2020 at 15:51, cfernandes said:

@ArafatG I guess that may be the case as the number of applications are high for some reason during the month of June in 2016 and 2017. We too have applied for in June 2016.

Hoping a large number of those are 173 and not 143 applications 🙂

@cfernandes Yeah it’s just dragging and tiresome by the minute.

let’s hope this is the year they finally processed things a tiny bit faster.

and it would be great if you could add your signature so it will be easier to track everyone’s timeline. Cheers 

9 hours ago, CEJ said:

Hi, 

Anyone know the timeline for 173 to 143 ? 

Thanks 

Clare 

Hi CEJ,

Once you get the 173, the conversion to 143 is very quick. My parents were asked to submit AOS around  2.5 months after lodgement Of the 143. You can see details in my Time Line. 

Edited by Bear2015

Hi, 

My mrs and myself will  be providing the AOS for my in-laws. I wanted to ask if anyone had had the experience of doing so.

I know that we have to fill 2 separate forms for AOS if we are submitting it in paper at the Centrelink office.

However, when it's done online, do we have to fill in the AOS separately from each of our Centrelink accounts as well? 

Would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences. 

PS: We are still not there yet, but I am keeping all the stuff ready in anticipation. 

3 hours ago, Phill B said:

We lodged our 173 6/9/16,  acknowledged 12/9/16.....still waiting. The time waiting is getting longer and longer, does anybody have news who applied around this time. thanks

Hi Phil, I applied not long after you. There seems to be no movement in 173 subclass. I have a feeling that we will all hear in Feb.

• Like 1