Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

8 minutes ago, LBee said:

I have a question regarding Form 80 -  who should complete this?  Is it only the main applicant?  or do both my husband and myself complete?  

8 minutes ago, LBee said:

I have a question regarding Form 80 -  who should complete this?  Is it only the main applicant?  or do both my husband and myself complete?  

Hi LBee, Both of you need to complete Form 80.

Thanks - I thought that I had read that previously - when I looking through Form 80, part Q (Associated People) asks for parter / family information - will need to try and remember all the jobs we have had since we left school !!  great fun  - 40+ years!!

On 30/07/2019 at 13:31, MYY said:

Applied subclass 143 on 14/10/2015 

Acknowledgement received on 14/10/2015 

Request for Form 80, police checks, AOS & medical on 23/07/2019

Hello MYY,

MAy I ask what is the minimum income for 1 assurer wants to support 1 person/ 2 people ? Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Shelley_p said:

Hello MYY,

MAy I ask what is the minimum income for 1 assurer wants to support 1 person/ 2 people ? Thank you!

Hi Shelly.

Here are couple of links for you:

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

https://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

Basically the formula uses: NSA rate (New Start Allowance)

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/newstart-allowance/how-much-you-can-get

Lets look at some examples using the rates at 1 July 2017:

Annual NSA rate = $15,061.80 (use the current NSA rate)

Base FTB Part A rate + FTB Part A supplement = $2,266.65

Examples:

Situation (assurer(s) have children) Income threshold calculation
1 assurer for 1 adult assuree

Assurer has partner who is not a joint assurer
and has 1 dependent child               

($15,061.80x 2) + ($2,266.65 x 1)
= $32,390.25
2 assurers for 1 adult assuree

Assurer has a partner who is a joint assurer
and has 2 dependent children               

($15,061.80x 3) + ($2,266.65 x 2)
= $49,718.70
1 assurer for 2 adult assurees

Assurer has partner who is not a joint assurer
and has 2 dependent children.
Assurees have 2 dependent children as well               

($15,061.80x 3) + ($2,266.65 x 2)
= $49,718.70
2 assurers for 2 adult assurees 

Assurer has a partner who is a joint assurer
and 
has 2 dependent children.               
Assurees have 2 dependent children as well               

($15,061.80 x 4) + ($2,266.65 x 2)
= $64,780.50
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anks said:

Does this mean that the date application lodged is the one we should be looking for (to understand the timeline movements) instead of the first acknowledgment letter received by dha?

Yes, it does.

Have a look at your visa application acknowledgment letter for the date of the visa application.

Best regards.

1 minute ago, Anks said:

Does this mean that the date application lodged is the one we should be looking for (to understand the timeline movements) instead of the first acknowledgment letter received by dha?

In 2016 there was a difference of max 4-5 days between those dates. Now recently its months. At least that's what I noticed. 

Just now, patience said:

In 2016 there was a difference of max 4-5 days between those dates. Now recently its months. At least that's what I noticed. 

It can ebb and flow, depending on the resourcing made available at the PVC for the issuing of acknowledgments to visa applicants (or their agents).

Best regards.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Yes, it does.

Have a look at your visa application acknowledgment letter for the date of the visa application.

Best regards.

Thanks, my application date was July 2017 and acknowledgment in Sept 2017 so I save a couple of months 😉 

36 minutes ago, Anks said:

Most people report if they have been requested to provide for more DOCS based on "Acknowledgement of Application Received Date" which is different from "Application Received Date".

If you read this statement in the Home Affairs email for timeline update:

DELAY IN REGISTERING NEW APPLICATIONS
We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to six weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Is Anyone else having trouble applying  for AOS online? Since Last Friday I keep getting an error message : " Service currently not Available". I have read on the forum that the most efficient way to do the AOS is thru myGov, but I wonder if only I am having this  error message on all my devices. 

Edited by Bear2015

5 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi,

Is Anyone else having trouble applying  for AOS online? Since Last Friday I keep getting an error message : " Service currently not Available". I have read on the forum that the most efficient way to do the AOS is thru myGov, but I wonder if only I am having this  error message on all my devices. 

I had the same problem. I had to put in a paper application in the end.

• Thanks 1