Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 28/12/2019 at 13:45, cfernandes said:

Another year has gone by waiting and waiting. 

Are there any more Feb'16 onwards applicants who have heard from the department for further docs?

Happy New Year to all on this forum.

Applied in Feb ‘16 for my Mum’s 143 and got asked for further docs early December! Her medical is tomorrow and just awaiting police clearance in the post then will be sending them all back. A long road!

7 minutes ago, NatS259 said:

Applied in Feb ‘16 for my Mum’s 143 and got asked for further docs early December! Her medical is tomorrow and just awaiting police clearance in the post then will be sending them all back. A long road!

Have you applied for AOS just yet?  This may be another time consuming process.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

Have you applied for AOS just yet?  This may be another time consuming process.

Yep applied for that 5/12, says online that they should be finalised by 17/01 but not holding my breath, I’ll follow up if I haven’t heard next week. Just thrilled there is finally progress.

Does the AOS have to be paid as soon as it is granted or is it upon visa grant can anyone help with?

Also once visa is granted, can anyone confirm how long the applicant has to enter Aus, is it 12 months? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NatS259 said:

Yep applied for that 5/12, says online that they should be finalised by 17/01 but not holding my breath, I’ll follow up if I haven’t heard next week. Just thrilled there is finally progress.

Does the AOS have to be paid as soon as it is granted or is it upon visa grant can anyone help with?

Also once visa is granted, can anyone confirm how long the applicant has to enter Aus, is it 12 months? 

Thanks!

Re: AOS. @bridgie has just received email from Centrelink yesterday, "please arrange transfer of 14k within 14 days".  I guess once they have decided that you are eligible for an assurer, the guarantee bank account should be established within 14 days. 

2 hours ago, theballies said:

Another step closer!! This morning I got a call from AOS asking me to take my passport, drivers license and Medicare care to Centrelink to confirm my ID.   

Good to hear some movement. I really hope that you will get a request for the bank guarantee in a few days. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone! I am a newbie. 
I have a question. I applied 143 for my parents in 2016 and have submitted the supporting documents in Nov 2019. Today I called Centrelink today and was informed that the bank guarantee letter will be sent to me in two days, which is a good news. We have been waiting for so long. But Centrelink told me that I must make a bank deposit in 14 days. However I am currently in overseas and won’t be able to go back to Australia till the mid of February. I asked Centrelink for the extension. They said no and suggested me to contact the commbank. I called the bank and they said that I MUST make the bank guarantee in person. I called Centrelink so many times and didn’t have chance to talk to anyone. The line is always busy. It is frustrating. Does anyone know what will happen if I couldn’t make the deposits on time? Thank you very much. 

4 hours ago, Sunny99 said:

Hi everyone! I am a newbie. 
I have a question. I applied 143 for my parents in 2016 and have submitted the supporting documents in Nov 2019. Today I called Centrelink today and was informed that the bank guarantee letter will be sent to me in two days, which is a good news. We have been waiting for so long. But Centrelink told me that I must make a bank deposit in 14 days. However I am currently in overseas and won’t be able to go back to Australia till the mid of February. I asked Centrelink for the extension. They said no and suggested me to contact the commbank. I called the bank and they said that I MUST make the bank guarantee in person. I called Centrelink so many times and didn’t have chance to talk to anyone. The line is always busy. It is frustrating. Does anyone know what will happen if I couldn’t make the deposits on time? Thank you very much. 

My understanding is that they will reject the AoS application. In my case, we uploaded the bank guarantee letter to the wrong section in Centrelink even though we did everything on time. As a consequence they initially rejected AoS with reason as: failure to complete bank guarantee by 14 days. I had to call them and point out that we uploaded it on time, after which they approved it.

That being said I don't know if there are exceptions to the process for situations like yours. I hope someone from this forum who is knowledgeable or with similar experience can pitch in...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Esteban said:

Exciting news just received email requesting medicals etc 🎉. Seems to be moving on quickly now.

That is good news, especially as we have the same acknowledgement date.

Anyone know if any new 173 applicants have been asked for docs since February 2019? I think they were last processing up to the end of November 2015, but I've not seen any movement since. I guess I'm going to be checking my inbox every few seconds for the foreseeable future.