Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

50 minutes ago, Greece said:

Is it 12 Feb  OR  22 Feb?  

Hi Greece. 
If you asked about the lodgement day, then it was 22 Feb 16 (not 12)
I actually was so surprised when I got an email as after I read your timeline I expected it would come around next couple weeks or next year... 🙂 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Doris said:

Hi Greece. 
I actually was so surprised when I got an email as after I read your timeline I expected it would come around next couple weeks or next year... 🙂 

Wow! It is really unbelievable speed of issuing request for further docs!!  Congrats!!!

16 hours ago, redtour said:

2nd Payment requested and have been advised that the Visa will be granted tomorrow 🙂

First of all, congratulations 😃

when did you receive the AOS letter and notify the immigration office?

Just wondering how long does it take to receive the 2nd payment request, thanks 😃

9 hours ago, Doris said:

Hi Greece. 

I think it came as a good surprise. Nov 15 and Dec 15 also received further request pretty quickly as compared to Sept 15. I think they need to open more files at this pace if they intend to fill 6000 places as only 4000 odd files have received request for further doc so far in this year and on average its taking 5 odd months to receive visa after getting further doc request. Then again there are lot of ifs and buts involved as mentioned on immi website. 

41 minutes ago, patience said:

I think it came as a good surprise. Nov 15 and Dec 15 also received further request pretty quickly as compared to Sept 15. I think they need to open more files at this pace if they intend to fill 6000 places as only 4000 odd files have received request for further doc so far in this year and on average its taking 5 odd months to receive visa after getting further doc request. Then again there are lot of ifs and buts involved as mentioned on immi website. 

Yes Patience is the key word.

The movement in the applications processing was long due and IMMI needs to address these as they did in the email stating the discrepancy. This isn’t a bonus but a welcome recognition that IMMI hasn’t been delivering on what was promised at the time of application. Of course they make their own rules but if I was told that "most likely the application will be processed in 18 months" and then don’t hear anything for 3-4 years. This says a lot about IMMI as a department. 

As a citizen of this country I want to vote for a Govt which is transparent to their citizens of the issues within the Govt departments. At least that’s the hope!

If someone have to wait 3 times as long for the Govt department to process something or resolve some matter that has life changing consequences. Then I would like to see who is accountable for it and this be rectified.

So I say; GOD SPEED everyone 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi - It's great to see so much movement on requests for documents after a quiet period. Congratulations to those of you that are moving through the process after a long wait!!

It seems that most/all updates are for 143 applicants. We haven't had any further request yet for our 173 application.

Has anyone seen any movement on this visa so far?

Edited by KatherineM
Sp

20 hours ago, KatherineM said:

Hi - It's great to see so much movement on requests for documents after a quiet period. Congratulations to those of you that are moving through the process after a long wait!!

It seems that most/all updates are for 143 applicants. We haven't had any further request yet for our 173 application.

Hi Katherine.

From not knowing all the detailes it is hard to explain why you havnt heard from the CO yet. Hopefully soon.

But if I was to make a guess; it is possible :

- 143 Applicants pay more and department may have a budget to meet so they may get to 173 little later. 

- 173 Temp can decide soon enough to be Perm resident. The que for that one at the moment is Sep 19??? Have you though about going for 143 after 173?

Surely you will hear soon . 

Edited by MELBNGSM

22 hours ago, KatherineM said:

So sad for the slow movement on the 173 visa. They seems forget 173s since the last movement in Feb 2019. My parents are still patiently waiting. Hopefully they will touch on 173 applications again before this Xmas.

55 minutes ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

So sad for the slow movement on the 173 visa. They seems forget 173s since the last movement in Feb 2019. My parents are still patiently waiting. Hopefully they will touch on 173 applications again before this Xmas.

exactly im waiting for 2nd vac

dont kno wht actually going on 

its really stressful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

Aos is for 143 subclass

i applied for 173

Sorry Ammy, I saw Ammy143 and didn’t check your time line. I can now understand your concern as to what’s holding your visa up. No AoS to hold you up... the least they could do is answer your email, the whole process really needs looking at.  It is so stressful waiting and not knowing if you have missed an email or a document, even not knowing how long to put your life on hold.🙏🙏

4 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Sorry Ammy, I saw Ammy143 and didn’t check your time line. I can now understand your concern as to what’s holding your visa up. No AoS to hold you up... the least they could do is answer your email, the whole process really needs looking at.  It is so stressful waiting and not knowing if you have missed an email or a document, even not knowing how long to put your life on hold.🙏🙏

stress streess and stresssss