Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 30/10/2019 at 08:26, LindaH27 said:

I applied June 2017 and not expecting to hear anything till 2022/23 at the earliest  

•  
  • Senior member of forum saaustralia reported below. Any of you have received such info? 
   On 10/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, Ike said: 

BREAKING NEWS..

Now processing October 2015. 

6E6A4CF0-C23E-403A-B907-F9D46D1DE8D1.jpeg

Just to include some subsequent information to the above table.  The DHA had included the Onshore visa applications within the respective offshore categories - whereas the Onshore applications had been moving faster.  The DHA have updated the information to include:

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.
* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This is good news for the 143 visa applicants as it suggests that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications.  The DHA had reached up to processing visa applications submitted in January 2017 for the 864 visaapplications.  

•  

Hi all ,

Since 143 visa processing for 2016 Queue has started, I am also joining the forum.

Applied for my dad (mum was not keen I know it is weird) around 25 Oct 2016. Acknowledgement email 31st Oct 2016. I lodged using an immigration agent.

She reckons my dad will get his PR by Nov 2020.  I am predicting he will be called for documents in 9 months and PR in 13 months but let's see :).

5 hours ago, Pars90 said:

Hi all ,

Since 143 visa processing for 2016 Queue has started, I am also joining the forum.

Applied for my dad (mum was not keen I know it is weird) around 25 Oct 2016. Acknowledgement email 31st Oct 2016. I lodged using an immigration agent.

She reckons my dad will get his PR by Nov 2020.  I am predicting he will be called for documents in 9 months and PR in 13 months but let's see :).

Your dads going to move to Oz without your mum?

2 hours ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Hopefully we can hear good news from 173 early 2016 very soon. My parents are March 2016.

I am a 173 applicant, there doesn’t see to be many of us so please let us know your parent’s progress. I think things move a bit quicker in the final stages for 173s  because the AoS part happens in Australia. Will be interesting to see how that impacts timelines. Good luck and fingers crossed it won’t be long now! 

Edited by JoMichellle
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JoMichellle said:

I am a 173 applicant, there doesn’t see to be many of us so please let us know your parent’s progress. I think things move a bit quicker in the final stages for 173s  because the AoS part happens in Australia. Will be interesting to see how that impacts timelines. Good luck and fingers crossed it won’t be long now! 

Thank you. I will keep you updated about my parents' progress. As far as I know, previous 173 cases may normally take around 3-4 months to be granted visa after asking for further documents. 

8 hours ago, Pars90 said:

Hi all ,

Hi Pars90

I think PR by Nov 2020 might be a little optimistic.  Not sure if you've seen the original PDF doc I uploaded here. (updated version below) Using those government figures it calculates that there are 9,554 173's +143's applications between the last known request for docs (4th Nov for 12th Jan 2016 application) and October 25th 2016 when your Dad applied.  Based on that, even if they achieve the full parent visa annual quota of 7,175 it could still be a further 16 months before being contacted for additional inf/docs.  However, we don't know how accurate this is because none of the information from them can be trusted! 😫  Also we don't really know how the parity issue with onshore applications will affect the progress.  There are 6,400 ahead of us so I'm not expecting to be contacted for further info untill around Sept/Oct 2020.

Updated version of the report for all who are interested.  I'll run another one off when some Feb 2016 applications are requested for additional info/docs.

CPV Lodged Date Report as of 4 Nov 2019.pdf

Edited by Biggsy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the updated figures Looking at them  there was an absolutely huge jump in applications for May and June 2017. Coincidently I believe  this is apparently  when the Australian govt announced  they were looking into creating a temporary 3/5 year parent visa - the 870!! 

I suspect many applied because they wondered whether the govt were doing this because they were perhaps considering ending/suspending  the usual CPVs like NZ??

It was mentioned in parliament when Senator McKim queried the long delays in assessing CPV - the government spokesman said they were surprised that there was a spike in parent applications at that time and they didn’t know why!

If these figures are correct then May/June 2017 applicants (I am one!) will face an exceedingly long delay as will those after those dates. 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thanks for the updated figures Looking at them  there was an absolutely huge jump in applications for May and June 2017. Coincidently I believe  this is apparently  when the Australian govt announced  they were looking into creating a temporary 3/5 year parent visa - the 870!! 

I suspect many applied because they wondered whether the govt were doing this because they were perhaps considering ending/suspending  the usual CPVs like NZ??

It was mentioned in parliament when Senator McKim queried the long delays in assessing CPV - the government spokesman said they were surprised that there was a spike in parent applications at that time and they didn’t know why!

If these figures are correct then May/June 2017 applicants (I am one!) will face an exceedingly long delay as will those after those dates. 

Yes I feel your pain Linda, almost 9,000 applications in just 2 months.  Had we known how many applications were in front of us at the time I'm not sure we would have bothered to apply.

• Sad 1

Hi

I just joined the forum. Been following it for a while now. I applied 143 visa for my mother in Jan 2016 and just received the most awaited email yesterday :)

Now I am looking into AoS and other requirements as detailed in their email. Thought I'd let you know so that your hopes continue to be fueled by the progress they've made.

I am going to add details to my signature shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 6

Hi Tulip and Biggsy thanks for reply.

Yes Tulip, for whatever reason my dad decided to apply himself so he can come and invest while my mum did not bother saying I can come to visit anyway. Not a bad decision considering when we applied it would take 18 months and now around 4 yeats at best case..

Thanks Biggsy for info. I hope it somehow changes because my dad is getting quite old and he has lost interest in his visa pretty much.