Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

15 hours ago, Anks said:

That sounds promising, as I am 2017 September applicant which means 23 months have already passed and according to thisΒ it should be another 26-27 months.. so another 2.5 years... πŸ™‚

Β 

May be more than 3 years when your turn comes!!! Queue waiting is changing according to current pending applications only.

• Sad 2

Β 
Β 
Β 
Β 
On 10/09/2019 at 16:35, Anks said:

That sounds promising, as I am 2017 September applicant which means 23 months have already passed and according to thisΒ it should be another 26-27 months.. so another 2.5 years... πŸ™‚

Β 

how you got tourist visa for 3 years with multiple entries? I applied for tourist visa and i only got for 1-year multiple entries?

also for how long you can stay maximum in Australia on visit visa you have?

Β 

Β 

173 Applied on 18/08/2016/ 1st Payment 22/08/2016-----------WaitingΒ 

Β 

There are different visitor visas. It sounds like you have the 651 visa. This is free and is valid for one year and allows multiple visits of up to 3 months.Β 

The other visa is a 600 visa. This has to be paid for. As far as I am aware It is usually valid for 3 years and allows a stay of 12 months in any 18 months ie you could stay for 12 months go offshore for 6 months then return for 12Β months and be offshore again for 6 months (that’s your three years validity)Β then you could try applying for another one, immi may orΒ may not grant another - IveΒ seen both scenarios on forums!Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Thanks Linda, more on that @Malik1234, while applying for Subclass 600 you can advise in the application that you want your parent to be granted a 3 years multiple entry visa. There may be a medical examination requested by the case officer or may not depends on case by case basis. Also there may be a 8503 condition applied on the visa which restricts from applying for any other visa while the 600 is active but looking at your timeline you have already applied for 173 so 8503 should not be a worry. I have also read if you are waiting for your Parent Visa then you may also be eligible for 5 years tourist visa with multiple entries similar to 3 years one..hope that helps

Β 

Edited by Anks

From what I’ve read the 5 year validity appears to be just for 103 non contributory applicants as their wait time hasΒ ballooned to a projected 30 years!!Β 

Taken from websiteΒ 

Parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents

If you are the parent or step-parent of an Australian citizenΒ or permanent residentΒ and you meet all the visa criteria, we might consider granting you a visa for longer than 12 months.

We might grant a visaΒ that lasts up to:

18 months if you have not previously travelled to Australia and either:

have not applied for a Parent visa

have applied for aΒ Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 103)Β but are not yet in the queue

3 years if you are outside Australia, have previously held an Australian visa and complied with the visa conditions, and either:

have not applied for a Parent visa

have applied for aΒ Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 103)Β but are not yet in the queue

5 years if you are outside Australia and in theΒ Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 103)Β queue

Β 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Juniper said:

We applied 31/10/16 for a 143.

Slowleh getting closer. It certainly helps to see other people’s posts on here! Β It’s all so isolating otherwise.....

Have a look at the form 80 while your waiting and fill in as much as you can because when the email comes through asking for police reports, medicals etc it can be quite stressful trying to get everything together. If you’ve had a lot of different jobs trying to remember what month and year they all started and finished isn’t always easy. Also every holiday you’ve been on in the last 10years or if you travelled with your job every time you went out of the country. We are hoping to get our visa the beginning of 2020. You’re so right when you say it’s so isolating without these posts. Keep smiling. Shelagh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Thought I’d give you an update in case you thought I’d heard from a case officer and disappeared into the sunset. No news I’m afraid my fellow 16ers. 44months and 15 days since application and we’ve heard Nada de nada. Onwards and upwardsemoji106.png

Thanks bridgie for the update.

Seems like they just tried to finish 2015 then stopped there 😞 

Β 

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

Thought I’d give you an update in case you thought I’d heard from a case officer and disappeared into the sunset. No news I’m afraid my fellow 16ers. 44months and 15 days since application and we’ve heard Nada de nada. Onwards and upwardsemoji106.png

weird and funny part is that they saying new applications will only take 50 months to get to final processing. Which seems highly unlikely when old ones are taking 45 plus months

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doris said:

Thanks bridgie for the update.

Seems like they just tried to finish 2015 then stopped there 😞 

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, bridgie said:

Thanks Bridgie, the sudden stop a few weeks ago is disconcerting but we have to remain positive and hope they're coming to 2016 applications eventually. I'm so glad not to be alone, thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum. Hope many more will find it and share their experiences. It would be so wonderful if Immi were keeping us informed. When we went through the application process, we were able to email parents@border.gov.au and receiveΒ replies to all our queries within just a few hours. Not sure this is happeningΒ now. Suppose a lot has changed in the department since then. We sold our house in readiness and will move to temporary accommodation at the end of October. The uncertainty of the future is not easy to bear πŸ˜”

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Christa said:

When we went through the application process, we were able to email parents@border.gov.au and receiveΒ replies to all our queries within just a few hours. Not sure this is happeningΒ now. Suppose a lot has changed in the department since then.Β 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/aug/30/thousands-of-public-servants-want-to-quit-peter-duttons-home-affairs-department

• Like 1

On 20/09/2019 at 16:32, Marisawright said:

Where are they saying that?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

Β based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at leastΒ 50 months to be released for final processing.

Well it says the word "at least" pretty open ended

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Just returned from Centrelink in Brookvale Sydney to register for Medicare it went very well was there for 45 minutes. Remember to take passport and visa grant letter.Β 

Hi Marilyn, thanks for the information and hope your settling in ok. Was excited to see a post from a fellow 173er, I’d be really interested to hear how long the next stage takes.Β I was told 3 months when I submitted my application in 2016 which now seems unlikely to say the least! I notice from your timeline I’m exactly a year behind you, am wondering if that means I’ll be there this time next year.... it all seems to have slowed down again. Β I’ll be coming to Sydney,Β my Son lives there. Be great to hear your experiences.Β 

On 20/09/2019 at 14:46, Christa said:

Β 

Thanks Bridgie, the sudden stop a few weeks ago is disconcerting but we have to remain positive and hope they're coming to 2016 applications eventually. I'm so glad not to be alone, thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum. Hope many more will find it and share their experiences. It would be so wonderful if Immi were keeping us informed. When we went through the application process, we were able to email parents@border.gov.au and receiveΒ replies to all our queries within just a few hours. Not sure this is happeningΒ now. Suppose a lot has changed in the department since then. We sold our house in readiness and will move to temporary accommodation at the end of October. The uncertainty of the future is not easy to bear πŸ˜”

We are in a similar position, sold our house, living in a rental with a lot of stuff in storage and the uncertainty of a Medical before we hopefully- eventually- get our visa!

The long wait without real information is so hard!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, patience said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

Β based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at leastΒ 50 months to be released for final processing.

Well it says the word "at least" pretty open ended

Thanks Patience, I believe it said 18 months when we applied....

8 hours ago, Christa said:

ya gotta do fake advertisement else application fee will stop coming in.Β 

Already collected 45000 visa hopefullsΒ X $3500 = $157,500,000

They have allotted 5000 places a year roughlyΒ 

45000/5000 = 9 years

So new applicants will takeΒ  108 months and not 50. But if reality is shown then the application fee will stop coming in

Β 

On 24/09/2019 at 00:49, Christa said:

Frend of mine from SL applied 05.10.2015 and called for d further documents and medical on 18.07.2019. After submiting d required medical reports and Form 80 ,CO called d ASOΒ  payment and now waiting for d final payment request.

On 30/07/2019 at 10:56, karu1 said:

Applied 143 on 07.12.2015

Β 

On 01/08/2019 at 21:32, theballies said:

@Abdur RashidΒ commented on the other thread yesterday that their application from 18 November 2015 got CO yesterday! That is the latest date I have heard so far. πŸŽ‰

Β 

On 01/08/2019 at 21:32, theballies said:

@Abdur RashidΒ commented on the other thread yesterday that their application from 18 November 2015 got CO yesterday! That is the latest date I have heard so far. πŸŽ‰

We applied 07.12.2015. and other documents and medical requested 06th Aug. 2019. Waiting for AOS approval.

Edited by karu1

7 hours ago, karu1 said:

Applied subο»Ώclass 143 on 07.12.2015

ο»ΏΒ Requestο»ΏΒ for Form 80, police checks, AOSΒ & meο»Ώο»Ώdical on 06/08/2019ο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ

Submitted documents & AOS 27.Aug 2019

Nothing since then

Β 

Similar situation as yours.

Applied 143 on 26.11.15

Request AOS etc on 02/08/19
Submitted AOS through online via myGovΒ on 20/08/19, given estimated completion date on 01/10/2019

Nothing since then