Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

3 hours ago, sub7er said:

Apologies if i am asking this again but anyone heard or know if applicants from Jan 16 started receiving emails for further doc for visa 143

There is someone on Facebook on one of the groups I am following who applied in Dec 2015 but received acknowledgement letter dated 6 January 2016, and she got a CO on 13th August.  That is the latest I have heard of. 

6 hours ago, patience said:

Thanks for info ramot, well its makes sense now. It does come out the 143 quota though. Nothing against you guys

Just to make you feel better, we withdrew our 864 visa application and reapplied for the pathway visa, so made no difference by queue jumping.

8 hours ago, patience said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

We don't provide processing times for Contributory Parent, Parent, Contributory Aged Parent and Aged Parent visa applications. Applications for these visas are subject to capping and queueing.

""However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 50 months to be released for final processing. ""

When they say new applications are they talking about applications that will be lodged or that are already in que? Also every month they increasing one month. Last month was 49 months and previous month was 48 months. How can you win a race? When every time you reach a finish line it gets further extended.

50 months is more like the time being taken from application date to grant date for applicants being processed at the moment.  I don't think these guys have clue yet they have all the data they need to give a realistic estimate.  If you consider there are 41,000 currently in the queue up to end of April 2019, add another 4 months say 2,500 = approx 43,500 in the queue.  To achieve 50 months would mean they expect to refuse something like 14,000 applications during that period.   I would guess anyone applying today will have around a 6 year wait unless the limit/cap changes.   When my wife and applied in July 2016 the website said 12-18 months yet looking back at the figures for that time there was already around 28,000 applications in the queue!  I'm expecting to have waited over 4 years for us to be processed and visa granted.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

50 months is more like the time being taken from application date to grant date for applicants being processed at the moment.  I don't think these guys have clue yet they have all the data they need to give a realistic estimate.  If you consider there are 41,000 currently in the queue up to end of April 2019, add another 4 months say 2,500 = approx 43,500 in the queue.  To achieve 50 months would mean they expect to refuse something like 14,000 applications during that period.   I would guess anyone applying today will have around a 6 year wait unless the limit/cap changes.   When my wife and applied in July 2016 the website said 12-18 months yet looking back at the figures for that time there was already around 28,000 applications in the queue!  I'm expecting to have waited over 4 years for us to be processed and visa granted.

Around the time all the problems started with the sudden increase in AOS (subsequently withdrawn) there was actually a debate in Australian  government where Senator Neil McKim was asking a lot of questions  about the length of queues. The official answer given in that debate was that the number of contributory parent applicants in April of that year (2018) was actually 46,745  and non contributory was  50,644! 

3 minutes ago, Greece said:

Impossible!  Now Dec'15 processing. So how they left April 2015???

Is their any place in Aus where they can provide update or answer basic question.....spoke to immi and home affairs couple of times no updates.....

1 minute ago, patience said:

You sure was 2015 or 2016? Whats the country of applicants?

Well when someone wait that long......never forget the correct year as well as the month they applied.......Adding more, received email with receipt number back in 2015 Apil..

10 minutes ago, Niel said:

Well when someone wait that long......never forget the correct year as well as the month they applied.......Adding more, received email with receipt number back in 2015 Apil..

Sorry mate, better to get help of a registered migration agent

I wonder if it would help if you emailed immi instead ? Put your application number and name in the subject field. Failing that if you live in Australia can you speak to your local MP and explain and ask them to look into this? I believe some posters have done this and found it helpful. 

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help! 

1 hour ago, Niel said:

Thanks Linda....I had checked that.

There was a lot of confusion going on around the time your application would of come up for a case officer. NYORKSGRANNIE applied on the 9.4.15 and got request for docs etc. on 20.10.17 but Ray and Geri applied 23.4.15 and didn’t get request until 24.4.17.     It was also when they tried to introduce the new requirements for AoS, causing even more problems. If you look back on pages from around 606 and a bit before you will be able to check time lines and might find one nearer to your date. I know Ray and Geri contacted Immi but can’t find the post at the moment, perhaps you could contact them via the messages and find out who they contacted. They have a post on page 606 24/4/18 if you click on their name you will get more info. I hope someone can help you very soon🤞

4 hours ago, Niel said:

Applied sub class 143 on 1st April 2015.....I havn't got any response from home affair. 

How can I find the queue?

Contacted IMMI no response.

That's not good Niel.  At this stage I think I'd be contacting them every day until they gave me some answers.