Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On the main thread I posted a statistic that shows the number of days it takes to come to a “decision” on both 143 & 173 visas. It’s interesting to note that the 173 visas are around 10% of the 143 visas. It’s also interesting to note they use the word “decision” not “grant”. My point being that if there is an approximate split 90%/10% 143/173 you can still work out (approximately [emoji3]) when you are likely to be contacted. Only my opinion of course, I’m sure Immigration have a more scientific approach!!.

Thank you but what about 864 visas as well? Surely they will also add to the wait time ? Or is that information not available? I do appreciate all this is only an educated guess but to get a full realistic view,  all the contributory parent visas need to be included. Due to the lengthening wait times over the last few years I suspect  a lot of people have applied for 864 instead - certainly I’ve noticed a lot of queries about this on the main website and on other forums too. There have also been posts from people switching from 103 to 143 visas ( as the wait time for 103  is now  30 years)  and they will keep their original queue date too. There is also a quota each of 125 applications for 143 visas  held back for 405 and 410  retirement/investor visas. So basing a prospective wait list just on 173/143 wont be realistic. Nevertheless it’s a good way of getting an idea!

This document on the home affairs website gives the number of lodgements and finalisations for each visa type. The number of 864 visa lodgements was 911 for 2016-2017 and 803 for 2017-2018, which as a portion of the 143 visa lodgements for those years was 4.6% and 7.8% respectively

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180700438-document-released.PDF

For both of the years given the number of 864 visas finalised each year was c.400 so the trend seems to be lodgements are double the number of finalisations for the 864 visa. 

This other document says that at the end of Feb 2019, for the 864 there was 1,979 applicants in the queue, compared to 46,339 applicants for the 143 visa so the 864 visa represents 4% of the total combined 143 and 864 applicants. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa190101309-document-released.PDF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patience said:

Any new visa grants or invitation for further docs? Whilst everyone is becoming a data analyst. 

It would be helpful if you could add your timeline like everybody else please. 

For what its worth I think there will be a slow down now after the very quick movement in recent requests which were very unusual. 

3 hours ago, Britgirl29 said:

This document on the home affairs website gives the number of lodgements and finalisations for each visa type. The number of 864 visa lodgements was 911 for 2016-2017 and 803 for 2017-2018, which as a portion of the 143 visa lodgements for those years was 4.6% and 7.8% respectively

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180700438-document-released.PDF

For both of the years given the number of 864 visas finalised each year was c.400 so the trend seems to be lodgements are double the number of finalisations for the 864 visa. 

This other document says that at the end of Feb 2019, for the 864 there was 1,979 applicants in the queue, compared to 46,339 applicants for the 143 visa so the 864 visa represents 4% of the total combined 143 and 864 applicants. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa190101309-document-released.PDF

Thank you for the info! 

Its an open forum. everybody else’ is happy to add their timeline - why are you reluctant to add yours? 

I’m sorry  but  it’s not  always  positive news on here but it’s realistic.  People here have had some bad experiences and obviously other  people give help  and support and opinions as much as they can - as a newbie you are perhaps not aware of that? There have been other posts where people have commented on possible delays, lengthening timelines etc.  If you can’t  accept  that perhaps it might be best not  to read posts you don’t like  

Anyway we have both had our say. Time to let the forum run as usual. 

On 30/07/2019 at 11:52, Marilyn said:

It is very easy to add to your profile as follows:

• Click on your profile icon on the top right hand side of this screen - there is a drop down box
  • Click on Account Settings.
  • On the left hand side of the screen you will see "Signature" click on that and complete your details
  • Click on Save.

If people are not sure how to add their timeline beneath their  post then the post  above is very helpful!. 

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:05, patience said:

Australia got Freedom of information policy (FOI) under which people can request information from various departments and same with immigration. So someone requested this info. You can Search border foi logs on google and can see logs for same. 

Thanks patience, that's a real treasure trove.

• Like 2

Just now, patience said:

This links say the retirement pathway people wont get 143 until 2022, so atleast they not jumping the que untill then. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options/retirement-visa-pathway

Actually I read it wrong, they getting priority until 2022, funny how its bad manners to jump que at a supermarket or a bank in Australia but ok to jump a visa que

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, patience said:

This links say the retirement pathway people wont get 143 until 2022, so atleast they not jumping the que untill then. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options/retirement-visa-pathway

Well ours came through in 4 months. Applied as soon as it became available, November 2018, granted March 2019.

Just read your further post,

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

Hello All 

applied 143 visa 15 November 2015 and paid first payment

got receipt for same 11 December 2015 

got request  email for police Certs , medicals. and form 80 the 6th August 2019 as we are in Australia on a 600 visa got medicals done 15 August with Bupa in Brisbane 

have to say about Bupa such a professional visa medical centre staff so helpful 

submitted form 80 , coloured full A4 copy’s of our passports and police certs by registered post 17 August  on this topic the copy of the passports my advice on this to save anyone any rejection of the passport copies take a photo of your passports with an good phone go to Office works and get them printed on quality paper in A4 and don’t forget these 2 copy’s have to be certified by a commissioner for justice or Oaths 

my daughter has done the AOS application with Centrelink which she said was a very polite and friendly encounter 

got an email Monday 19 from immigration my wife’s police clearance cert was refused because her maiden name was not stated on the document so warning to all future applicants make sure the maiden name is on the police certificate or on all documents and copy’s of passports are correct 

hope this info will help 

Edited by kevvo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, patience said:

Actually I read it wrong, they getting priority until 2022, funny how its bad manners to jump que at a supermarket or a bank in Australia but ok to jump a visa que

a) Only 125 visas issued annually from 2019, not going to impact too greatly on a queue. 

b) You are assuming they come out of the parent visa allocation? I wouldn’t know as it’s a separate pathway

c) Anyone on the 410 visa has lived in Australia for a minimum of 14 years, self funded, but  paying taxes and contributing to the economy 

d) Many who came on this visa had been told that they could get PR after 10 years residence. This if true was cancelled some years later.

Obviously I don’t know how long you have been waiting or when you applied for the parent visa as you don’t have a time line.

e) You are assuming that everyone will apply? We are the only ones that we know who have applied. out of our group that is 1 couple out of 12+. Most don’t have children here and are happily settled with no desire to spend the cost of the visa, prefer to spend that amount on enjoying their lives here, for the time they have left. Most are in their late 70’s and 80’s. 

Just now, ramot said:

a) Only 125 visas issued annually from 2019, not going to impact too greatly on a queue. 

b) You are assuming they come out of the parent visa allocation? I wouldn’t know as it’s a separate pathway

c) Anyone on the 410 visa has lived in Australia for a minimum of 14 years, self funded, but  paying taxes and contributing to the economy 

d) Many who came on this visa had been told that they could get PR after 10 years residence. This if true was cancelled some years later.

Obviously I don’t know how long you have been waiting or when you applied for the parent visa as you don’t have a time line.

e) You are assuming that everyone will apply? We are the only ones that we know who have applied. out of our group that is 1 couple out of 12+. Most don’t have children here and are happily settled with no desire to spend the cost of the visa, prefer to spend that amount on enjoying their lives here, for the time they have left. Most are in their late 70’s and 80’s. 

Thanks for info ramot, well its makes sense now. It does come out the 143 quota though. Nothing against you guys