Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

12 hours ago, JoMichellle said:

I don’t think your mother’s step children from her former marriage would count as dependents and therefore she would meet the balance of family test. However I would have a chat with an emigration expert to be sure. If you just gave them a call to explain the circumstances I don’t think they would charge you to give advice regarding the balance of family criteria (mine didn’t). To be honest the whole application process take so long you don’t want any mistakes on your application form.  My ex husband’s children, who are my sons’s half brothers/sister didn’t affect my balance of family test.   I know it’s not exactly the same but I think they are just trying to determine direct dependents. Sorry I can’t give you a straightforward  answer but hope this helps.

Thanks heaps for your details, yes I will be seeking advice from an agent, but wanted to check with our community on their experiences ., Would mind sending me DM on which agent you used ? Thanks again

10 hours ago, ramot said:

As a long time member of PIO I have posted again and again that posters should only take immigration advice from registered Mara MA’s. 

Amateur advice however well intentioned is exactly that amateur, and can lead to irreversible mistakes made to a visa application.

We can and do all help support each other, relate our own experiences, eg having a medical, problems with Centre Link etc, but leave immigration advice to the experts. Some if not all ? MA’s do give limited free advice, or as mentioned above, it is probably worth paying a agent a small amount rather than making an expensive mistake.

wish you all the best with your application. 

Thanks heaps, Yes I will be contacting an agent, but wanted to do my own homework before, thanks again fro your reply, really appreciate it.

On 15/10/2019 at 16:24, redtour said:

Just my 2 cents worth...

Lodged AOS with Centre Link 3rd Aug 2019, on myGov the estimated date of completion was 16th Sept....checking everyday can be soul destroying!

3rd Oct 2019 Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a AOS phone interview. The interview was very straight forward they basically just check your personal details... took about 10 mins maximum. The interview was on a Thursday, the following Monday I had a letter in the post to arrange the bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank...just a note when you go to CBA have $150 cash ready if you don't already bank with them...this is the fee they charge to set up the fixed term desposit account. Make sure you find a staff member who is familiar with the process as I had a rookie (less said about that, the better)!!!

14th Oct Uploaded Bank Guarantee on myGov....You have to upload the centre link letter and bank docs on mygov/centrelink, it's not very clear on the steps you need to follow but use the number centrelink give you for the interview to ask any questions, to be fair CL were very helpful.

So i'm now waiting for CL to inform immigration and hopefully request the 2nd VAC, anyone know how long this takes?

Hi redtour,

Any updates from Centrelink? i have uploaded the bank guarantee on 30/9 and again 8/10, and called to Centrelink to confirm that the documents are there, but on 17/10 i received a rejection letter from Centrelink saying i did not submit the bank guarantee on time!!!!! I then went to the Centrelink office and called so many times to try ask them to correct this! i havn't heard anything from them! it's so frustrating! 

5 minutes ago, Julia12345 said:

Hi redtour,

Any updates from Centrelink? i have uploaded the bank guarantee on 30/9 and again 8/10, and called to Centrelink to confirm that the documents are there, but on 17/10 i received a rejection letter from Centrelink saying i did not submit the bank guarantee on time!!!!! I then went to the Centrelink office and called so many times to try ask them to correct this! i havn't heard anything from them! it's so frustrating! 

Hi Julia,

Oh wow, that's crazy. It's very unclear on the Centre Link letter where to upload the bank docs. They should have a step by step guide.

I finally received a letter from them today confirming that the Assurance of Support has been approved and they have notified Immi.

Immi apparently respond within 28 days but I've completely lost faith with all lead times.

Tip *I would contact Centre Link AOS on the 1800 number on the letter they sent you for the AOS interview, it is pure luck who you get to speak to and how helpful they are.

I rang them 5 days in a row to make them check the status of my AOS, the key is as soon as they say hello, tell them your CRN number. Stay calm a polite and good luck.

One thing I've learnt with the whole process is Government workers are de-motivated and some are just plain slack..the saving grace is you will find a genuine staff member that will try thier best to assist and not just fob you off!

Keep the faith!

R

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, redtour said:

Hi Julia,

Oh wow, that's crazy. It's very unclear on the Centre Link letter where to upload the bank docs. They should have a step by step guide.

I finally received a letter from them today confirming that the Assurance of Support has been approved and they have notified Immi.

Immi apparently respond within 28 days but I've completely lost faith with all lead times.

Tip *I would contact Centre Link AOS on the 1800 number on the letter they sent you for the AOS interview, it is pure luck who you get to speak to and how helpful they are.

I rang them 5 days in a row to make them check the status of my AOS, the key is as soon as they say hello, tell them your CRN number. Stay calm a polite and good luck.

One thing I've learnt with the whole process is Government workers are de-motivated and some are just plain slack..the saving grace is you will find a genuine staff member that will try thier best to assist and not just fob you off!

Keep the faith!

R

Hi R,

Congratulations!

Since Monday 21/10 I received this rejection letter in Mygov, I have called them every day but got told it's been sent to AOS Team for reassessment! But there is no any internal number that they could contact them! i have called 1800132468 complain line to make complains and also called 132850 to check status! All i got told is there is nothing they can do, only to wait!!!

I am so frustrating!!!!

1 minute ago, Julia12345 said:

Hi R,

Congratulations!

Since Monday 21/10 I received this rejection letter in Mygov, I have called them every day but got told it's been sent to AOS Team for reassessment! But there is no any internal number that they could contact them! i have called 1800132468 complain line to make complains and also called 132850 to check status! All i got told is there is nothing they can do, only to wait!!!

I am so frustrating!!!!

Thank you 🙂 . Did you try the 1800 number that you called to have the AOS interview on? That's the one you need to call.

Hi Everyone, I been checking this form for a while. I can understand the frustration which we get from Aos. I m n Melbourne and I applied for my parents in nov 2015. I got invitation for further docs on 29 July . Applied my Aos on 14/08/19.           Got interview on 6/09/19. Got bank guarantee letter on 09/09/19. Uploaded bank guarantee letter through mygov on 14/09/19. I received rejection letter on 29/09/19. Was shocked and frustrated. During 14/09/19 - 29/09/19 , I literally made 50 phone calls to Aos customer service number 132850. Got different story every time call them , they actually don't know wat they r doing. Best answers most them gave it will 6 months just wait. Even, after uploading my back docs I called them 25 times to make sure they forwarded my docs to Aos team . Every time they said yes and they said put a note on ur file. Now back to story when I received rejection letter. I was so frustrated bcz I knew this thing will delay more now. I called on a complaint and feedback number on , which is on bottom of rejection letter, even u can find it on mygov aswell, the lady who answered my call helped me at her best. When I told her my situation, she straightaway put on hold and called the person who interviewed me. And they approved my application in 5 mins and she also told me that I got rejection letter bcz my docs weren't forwarded and also I put financial when I uploaded through mygov. She said I should have put Aos , I told her there was no option for that. Even she had no answer. And interviewer said me just upload and call on 132850. But nothing to worry that rejection letter is automated letter generated my computer bcz they didn't receive bank guarantee letters . After  3days i received my approval letter in mygov inbox.  From my experience in these situations always call on complaints and feedback number. So will be answered in 15-20 mins . If they ask tell them I m not getting clear answers from other number. And keep calling every single day those who still waiting for interview. Tell them people getting their approval letter in 1 month not 6 month. Msg is bit long , may b it will help someone. Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redtour said:

Someone should take this whole damn process to the newspapers and news, it's a total farce...Centre Link and Immi are playing with people lives, absolutely disgraceful. 

It has made news in the past, but as the general feeling in Australia is fairly anti-immigration these days, it wouldn’t do any good

1 hour ago, sub7er said:

did they start with Jan 16 applicants yet? all of a sudden dept has gone quiet with the visa 143 movement?

I haven’t heard anything yet, keeping a keen eye out for any movement.  Fingers crossed we will hear something soon.  45 months now... SURELY we should hear something soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻

17 hours ago, Paul7517 said:

Hi Everyone, I been checking this form for a while. I can understand the frustration which we get from Aos. I m n Melbourne and I applied for my parents in nov 2015. I got invitation for further docs on 29 July . Applied my Aos on 14/08/19.           Got interview on 6/09/19. Got bank guarantee letter on 09/09/19. Uploaded bank guarantee letter through mygov on 14/09/19. I received rejection letter on 29/09/19. Was shocked and frustrated. During 14/09/19 - 29/09/19 , I literally made 50 phone calls to Aos customer service number 132850. Got different story every time call them , they actually don't know wat they r doing. Best answers most them gave it will 6 months just wait. Even, after uploading my back docs I called them 25 times to make sure they forwarded my docs to Aos team . Every time they said yes and they said put a note on ur file. Now back to story when I received rejection letter. I was so frustrated bcz I knew this thing will delay more now. I called on a complaint and feedback number on , which is on bottom of rejection letter, even u can find it on mygov aswell, the lady who answered my call helped me at her best. When I told her my situation, she straightaway put on hold and called the person who interviewed me. And they approved my application in 5 mins and she also told me that I got rejection letter bcz my docs weren't forwarded and also I put financial when I uploaded through mygov. She said I should have put Aos , I told her there was no option for that. Even she had no answer. And interviewer said me just upload and call on 132850. But nothing to worry that rejection letter is automated letter generated my computer bcz they didn't receive bank guarantee letters . After  3days i received my approval letter in mygov inbox.  From my experience in these situations always call on complaints and feedback number. So will be answered in 15-20 mins . If they ask tell them I m not getting clear answers from other number. And keep calling every single day those who still waiting for interview. Tell them people getting their approval letter in 1 month not 6 month. Msg is bit long , may b it will help someone. Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks you for your response! I've been calling the complain line everyday I feel very lost at the moment! I am not so lucky to have someone could contact ASO directly for me, all i got told is my case is in the queue, a lot of people are waiting! Centrelink made mistake but need other people to suffer how does this work? On the rejection letter they say they will report to Immi within 14 days of the letter to let them know the decision! How many days they need to correct their mistakes? No one got told to upload under financial! there is no option for AOS in MYGOV!  I called so many times to general number and got confirmed the documents are there! what else they expecting us to do! now every time i call is got told to wait, they are busy!

I am so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Julia12345 said:

Hi Paul,

Thanks you for your response! I've been calling the complain line everyday I feel very lost at the moment! I am not so lucky to have someone could contact ASO directly for me, all i got told is my case is in the queue, a lot of people are waiting! Centrelink made mistake but need other people to suffer how does this work? On the rejection letter they say they will report to Immi within 14 days of the letter to let them know the decision! How many days they need to correct their mistakes? No one got told to upload under financial! there is no option for AOS in MYGOV!  I called so many times to general number and got confirmed the documents are there! what else they expecting us to do! now every time i call is got told to wait, they are busy!

I am so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Julia, 

Did u go to centerlink office to upload documents , if not go to centerlink branch and tell them ur situation. Do know after uploading bank documents, so many people get their acceptance letter in 3-5 days, bcz their documents go to right hands and in our cases assurance of support officer (our interviewer) keeps waiting for bank docs. And the meditators (132850) don't do their job right way. I tell u , when I was interviewed, I specially asked interviewer, that how long it will take to get acceptance letter now. He was very nice and clear, he told me that as soon as U upload bank docs and give call to 132850 that u have uploaded ur bank docs. He told me that I am final processing stage, will be couple of days. On the other hand when call to 132850 , they give their best answer 6 months. So easy for them to tell this and hung up. Also tell them to stop that rejection letter to go to immi. Visit centerlink and show them how much frustrated and stressed Aos made u. Then They will take u seriously otherwise they always tell u wait. Best of luck 

1 hour ago, Gurvinder said:

Jellybean, the docs like proof of my study, my daily expenses and othr supporting docs

Hi , u still hv lot of  time to prepare ur documents. Bcz it will take a while to ur turn. They only ask for ur recent bank transaction and receipts and other proofs not very old ones. So try to prepare now onwards. Would b fine. 

3 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I agree with LindaH27 that Feb 2026 processing will be a while yet. I am still hopeful our March 2016 application will be processed in about 12 to 18 months time.

Yes it will take long , they give nearly 6000 contributory parent visa every year . If their places are finished for this year (which I hope not) then u hv to wait until 1 July 2020. 

7 hours ago, Gurvinder said:

Helo everyone, my dependent receipts and docs are little fade and some of them not clearly readable, is that okay or i need to worry .. plz reply....

hello gurvinder

i think you are from punjab & dependant child

same with me 

better scan your receipts & save them

or photostat them along u take ... it ll work for you to keep thm for longer time.