Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

15 hours ago, Gurvinder said:

Helo everyone, my dependent receipts and docs are little fade and some of them not clearly readable, is that okay or i need to worry .. plz reply....

I assume you mean things like you’re in full time education? They would of course need to be clearly readable otherwise how would a case officer be able to verify them? I’m sure you can ask the college/uni or whatever for new ones if needed. It will probably be a year before you are contacted and at that time you will need to prove dependency so the documents you are now referring to probably won’t be required and the documents that will be required you probably won’t have yet.  They don’t need to see if you were dependent a year ago, they will need to see documentation that you still are when they contact you. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

Yes agreed it is annoying. This is on topic..... Son and Partner paid the Aos on 26/10 but CommBank staff were very surprised they each received a letter from centerlink with different ref numbers and barcodes to pay the Aos, they had never seen this before. They set up the bond with both lots of information and issued the certificate for them to upload to centerlink. My daughter in law uploaded both barcode letters and all the docs and certificate on each of their mygov accounts to centerlink so that my sons will show all the info of his partner and hers will show all his info so hopefully they won’t have a problem. I will post if they have a problem.... they were told the next stage for the acceptance letter will be around 4 weeks. Hope this helps someone.

17 minutes ago, bridgie said:

See this thread is being hijacked again. Moderators where are you ???

As probably the earliest 2016 applicant I’m considering not posting anymore as I am fed up keep logging in only to find off topic irrelevant posts.

Yes quite right bridgie, this should only be for the discussion of processing times/timelines

23 minutes ago, bridgie said:

As probably the earliest 2016 applicant I’m considering not posting anymore as I am fed up keep logging in only to find off topic irrelevant posts.

Although I received my visa a long time I still like to pop in to see how later applicants are progressing.  Off topic is annoying, but even more so are posts using text speak, which is not appropriate for forums and I simply ignore them.  If people cannot be bothered to write correctly then I can't be bothered to read their posts, let alone offer any help - even if I were able to do so.

• Like 1

Do the second part of these figures make any sense to anyone? From the figures I extracted a while back I think there were 4,600+ 143 applications between 31/10/2018 up to May 2019! This says the was only 3,343 new 143 applications 31/10/2018 to 31/10/2019? Am I reading it wrong?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa181001606-document-released.PDF

Well I’m no good at statistics but info taken from two different years migration reports from home affairs for 2016-2017 says one figure for CPV at end June 2017 but report for 2017-2018 gives a completely different figure for end June 2017!! Your guess is as good as mine!! 😳

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 6218 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category increased by 3312 applications (or 26.3 per cent) between
30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 28.9 per cent compared to the pipeline of 29,884 clients as at 30 June 2016.

but the report for 2017- 2018 mysteriously gives a much bigger number for the pipeline as at 30 June 2017!! 

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2017-18 was 6015 places. Demand for places decreased by 10,249 applications (or 46.9 per cent) between 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018.
As at 30 June 2018, 48,595 applicants remain in the pipeline, an increase of 8.3 per cent compared to the pipeline of 44,886 applicants as at 30 June 2017

Anybody want to have a go at explaining why there are two different numbers for the pipeline at end June 2017??

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Anybody want to have a go at explaining why there are two different numbers for the pipeline at end June 2017??

None of the figures in any of these annual reports ever add up. As you have pointed out, the year ends don’t match up from year to year and how can the “Demand for places decreased by 10,249 applications (or 46.9 per cent)” when the overall pipeline total has increased?

I think it’s natural for normal people to assume there is some genuine sound underling system at the heart of the Australian immigration department. And when we see some discrepancies in these reports, we just think we’re misinterpreting the data. But in reality, the system is broken and in complete disarray, with hundreds of thousands of pages of paper visa applications going back many years sitting in some dusty room. Add to this a demoralised workforce and you get the true picture and start to understand why.

The only way I can keep sane in this process is to take nothing for granted, believe nobody and to expect zilch. Sad I know, but we started out on this journey full of excitement with high expectations. Now it just feels like a horrible never-ending ordeal.

15 hours ago, bridgie said:

We're doing our best but will miss some things 🙂  If we tidied up every off topic post though, we'd have to tidy the parent visa thread where there are numerous posts about transport companies (there is a shipping section for this topic), bank accounts (there is a money/finance section for this topic), etc..  But if posts don't interfere too much with the overall discussion, it's usually not too much of an issue.

• Like 4

People with December 2015 applications have apparently been contacted by immi

If you read back and / or check the timelines the majority of members have under their signatures it will give you a better idea 

Don't  bother looking at what immi say it’s never right! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1