Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

UPDATE: I received another email soon after I replied to their email, asking for 2nd Vac. Yay!

Hi

I already have AoS filed and approved as on 17th December. However I received an email from the PVC team again today asking for assurance of support! Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean? I am trying to get them on the phone and have already replied to the email. But any information from fellow members would be helpful!

TIA!

Edited by NewBee2019
UPDATE

49 minutes ago, Anks said:

Looking at the timeline of @NewBee2019 and yours @theballiesI reckon its just a matter of days for you and other Jan 2016 applicants .. fingers crossed!!!

Yes hopefully soon.  We have still got one supporting document (police certificate) that we are waiting for, which I am slightly nervous about as we are now past the 70 days to provide documents.  So hopefully we will get that very soon so we are complete on all our requested documents.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

HI ALL

I am new to this topic. my 186 trt stream visa got refused and we applied to AAT, so I am on bridging visa. My son is born in Australia and turned 10 recenrly . we are going to apply for his Australian citizenship.

My question is once my son gets his citizenship than what options we have available to stay in Australia if we want to apply any visa on my son basis. 

Yes hopefully soon.  We have still got one supporting document (police certificate) that we are waiting for, which I am slightly nervous about as we are now past the 70 days to provide documents.  So hopefully we will get that very soon so we are complete on all our requested documents.  Fingers crossed.

Likewise we were told we needed a UK police certificate even though we haven’t been in the UK for 12 continuous months since 2006. Hey ho 412$ later , they arrived in 13 days and have been submitted. China trip cancelled unsurprisingly and now trying to guesstimate when and where to go off shore.

Also providing you can show that you have applied for the certificate etc it is acceptable to go over the allotted time span for the request for further information. It was on our email they sent for further information.

Never a dull moment.

Bridgie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Also some said they didn’t pay the $150 set up fee on this thread but I was just told this is unavoidable?! Any ideas?

Our son was not asked for the $150. This was completed by Commonwealth bank Sydney CBD. They were very well versed in the operation.

Bridgie
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Likewise we were told we needed a UK police certificate even though we haven’t been in the UK for 12 continuous months since 2006. Hey ho 412$ later , they arrived in 13 days and have been submitted. China trip cancelled unsurprisingly and now trying to guesstimate when and where to go off shore.

Also providing you can show that you have applied for the certificate etc it is acceptable to go over the allotted time span for the request for further information. It was on our email they sent for further information.

Never a dull moment.

Bridgie

Thanks @bridgie  Yes I have provided proof that we have applied for the certificates, so hopefullly that will be okay.

Good luck with your pending travels.

@NatS259 I opened an account with CommBank before the deposit was required, moved the $14k into that account, and when it came to opening the 'term deposit' with CommBank, there was no $150 fee.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NnN said:

HI ALL

I am new to this topic. my 186 trt stream visa got refused and we applied to AAT, so I am on bridging visa. My son is born in Australia and turned 10 recenrly . we are going to apply for his Australian citizenship.

My question is once my son gets his citizenship than what options we have available to stay in Australia if we want to apply any visa on my son basis. 

How is your son eligible for citizenship is the first question 

2 hours ago, NnN said:

HI ALL

This seems to be the wrong forum for this question?   - this is for parents wishing to migrate to Australia on 173 or 143 contributory parent visas. I’m not sure many of us know what conditions attach to 186 or AAT

you may be better  posting this on https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/47-temporary-visas/

4 hours ago, NnN said:

HI ALL

You have to apply your parents visa

HI All,

I have applied for my Parents PR...I have sent the documents through Australia Post to the address mentioned in the form of 143 visa.

PVC
Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

How the department confirms that they have received the documents. Do they sent an email or do they sent a letter confirming receiving of application.

I have submitted the form  Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person  as I am the exempt person applying on my parents behalf.

Do I get the letter in my letter box or do they email the confirmation of receiving of application.

thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by munawer ali
  • Like 1

Back in 2016 when I also applied Paper Application. I think you have to wait a little while (2-3 weeks) and an email with your receipt and acknowledgement will appear in your email inbox that you provided on the application. 

There is an automated email which the Department Sends out when you email : parents@homeaffairs.gov.au  (you can send out a blank email with subject update)

Acknowledge New Application: 14-Jan-20 (which I got when I sent the email out today.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bridgie said:

Our son was not asked for the $150. This was completed by Commonwealth bank Sydney CBD. They were very well versed in the operation.

Bridgie

I knew I had seen this somewhere! I wonder why’d they were adamant this couldn’t be waived, and I bank with commonwealth, will double check today!

19 hours ago, theballies said:

Thanks @bridgie  Yes I have provided proof that we have applied for the certificates, so hopefullly that will be okay.

Good luck with your pending travels.

@NatS259 I opened an account with CommBank before the deposit was required, moved the $14k into that account, and when it came to opening the 'term deposit' with CommBank, there was no $150 fee.

Right! That’s another person then! I also have an account with CommBank and am depositing the funds into their first, will double check this and hopefully avoid it! Thanks

1 hour ago, NatS259 said:

I knew I had seen this somewhere! I wonder why’d they were adamant this couldn’t be waived, and I bank with commonwealth, will double check today!

Hi NatS259, My son also has an account with CommBank and deposited the $14000 beforehand but still had to pay $150. He like you was told by staff there was no why round it and everyone had to pay. Blackwood /Adelaide. Good Luck I hope you get round it.

• Like 1