Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

2 hours ago, NatS259 said:

Right! That’s another person then! I also have an account with CommBank and am depositing the funds into their first, will double check this and hopefully avoid it! Thanks

I think you may find this is a standard fee charged by the CBA, and that those who weren't asked to pay the $150 were fortunate.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2020 at 17:09, NnN said:

HI ALL

I am new to this topic. my 186 trt stream visa got refused and we applied to AAT, so I am on bridging visa. My son is born in Australia and turned 10 recenrly . we are going to apply for his Australian citizenship.

My question is once my son gets his citizenship than what options we have available to stay in Australia if we want to apply any visa on my son basis.Β 

Hi , once you got your son citizenship, you can apply 143 parent contributiotry visa, make sure you apply your son citizenship very next day after his 10 birthday,Β 

1 minute ago, Samda said:

Hi everyoneΒ 

does anybody know the timeline for parents visa 173? We have applied in April 2016

thanksΒ 

How to ascertain the timeline of parent visa applications has been discussed on many occasions - please review this thread from the start, and others in this sub forum.

Best regards.

Questions guy, if A'sΒ 143 acknowledgment date wasΒ on 1/1/2017, B'sΒ on 1/2/2017, however, B sent all the required documents to immi office 20 days earlier than B, in this case, who will get the 2nd vac letter first? Will case officer follow acknowledgment date order or whoever gets the requirement docs done first?Β 

2 hours ago, Samda said:

Hi everyoneΒ 

does anybody know the timeline for parents visa 173? We have applied in April 2016

thanksΒ 

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately 173 visas have stalled recently and I don’t think anyone on here has been asked for further documents who applied after December 2015.

Historically 173 and 143 visas were processed in the same lodgement date order. Early last year, 173’s seemed to get ahead of 143’s and this has now reversed.

Nothing is ever fair in this system, but for now I’m just happy to be this close and to see how quickly the 143’s are now moving.

I think you should hear something in the next 3 or 4 months.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aaron88 said:

Questions guy, if A'sΒ 143 acknowledgment date wasΒ on 1/1/2017, B'sΒ on 1/2/2017, however, B sent all the required documents to immi office 20 days earlier than B, in this case, who will get the 2nd vac letter first? Will case officer follow acknowledgment date order or whoever gets the requirement docs done first?Β 

They could have different case officers who will proceed with their ownΒ timeline. Immi sayΒ they are dealt withΒ in date order but I think that only means they actually open the cases in date order. HowΒ they then proceed differs as some people have more complex cases is dependant child etc that need investigating and soΒ take longer.Β 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately 173 visas have stalled recently and I don’t think anyone on here has been asked for further documents who applied after December 2015.

Historically 173 and 143 visas were processed in the same lodgement date order. Early last year, 173’s seemed to get ahead of 143’s and this has now reversed.

Nothing is ever fair in this system, but for now I’m just happy to be this close and to see how quickly the 143’s are now moving.

I think you should hear something in the next 3 or 4 months.

@SusieRooΒ have you heard anything yet?Β 

1 hour ago, Aaron88 said:

Looking at the time lines and also personal experience it’s the one that completes all the requirements first.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

I am enquiring about the 143 Contributory Parent visa in the Dependent Child matter.

I have already applied with my family as a dependent child, and the visa has been acknowledged on the 29/07/2016.Β 

The ruleΒ at that time was: the dependent child can be under 25 years old ( or no age limit, not sure), but it needs a proof of dependency to be granted, after that, they have changed the rule on the 17/11/2016 as the dependent child could only be overΒ 18 and under 23 years old.

My question is, am I still be included because I have applied before the rule has been changed or they would reject me as the new law wouldΒ be applied?

Help Please

Thanks!

Edited by Bishoy95

1 hour ago, Bishoy95 said:

Hi All,

I am enquiring about the 143 Contributory Parent visa in the Dependent Child matter.

I have already applied with my family as a dependent child, and the visa has been acknowledged on the 29/07/2016.Β 

The ruleΒ at that time was: the dependent child can be under 25 years old ( or no age limit, not sure), but it needs a proof of dependency to be granted, after that, they have changed the rule on the 17/11/2016 as the dependent child could only be overΒ 18 and under 23 years old.

My question is, am I still be included because I have applied before the rule has been changed or they would reject me as the new law wouldΒ be applied?

Help Please

Thanks!

It’s the age at the actual timeΒ Β of the visa grant notΒ the application and Β isΒ subject to the new law soΒ you can be any age up to 23 at the time of grant.Β 

On 05/02/2020 at 13:43, Jellybean T said:

Hi NatS259, My son also has an account with CommBank and deposited the $14000 beforehand but still had to pay $150. He like you was told by staff there was no why round it and everyone had to pay. Blackwood /Adelaide. Good Luck I hope you get round it.

Looks like it’s pot luck! What’s another $150 on top of $50,009+ 🀨😬🀣

Sidenote can you deposit this money from another bank other than CommBank? Or do I need to put the money in a CommBank first? I was heading in tomorrow but now realised I may have to transfer tomorrow and do it Monday, which is also day 14 eek!Β 

14 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Not a dicky-bird… but I am relishing all the recent progress. Β Thank you for asking... and how about yourself? Do you have an expectation date for your visa, or do you just take it day by day?

Yes I’m happy to see things moving.too! . But I got very downhearted a few months ago with the realisation that as a June 2017 applicant there was a huge surge around that time which would probably add 2 years to the wait time. Now I’m just getting onΒ things and trying not to think about it butΒ surely you should hear soon?.
Β 

I just don’t understand why applications were all being mixed up ,Β first 864 seemed to have priority then 173Β and now 143 are forging ahead! I’m happy for those who are nearly at the end of their journey though. Just wish immi was more realistic about wait times. We all thought it wasΒ about 18 -Β 24 months wait according to the website! My grand daughter over there was born in 2015 but I couldn’t put my application in then as daughter was going onΒ Maternity leave and wouldn’t have met the required two years finance requirements so we left itΒ till 2017 to meet it. Had we known the real length of waitΒ we would have put the application Β in 2015 anyway as by the time 4Β years later they were looking at that date it would have been ok and in all probability I would have had my visa by now!!Β 

will be 3 years in June - and realistically think it may be another 3 ☹️☹️
Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes I’m happy to see things moving.too! . But I got very downhearted a few months ago with the realisation that as a June 2017 applicant there was a huge surge around that time which would probably add 2 years to the wait time. Now I’m just getting onΒ things and trying not to think about it butΒ surely you should hear soon?.
Β 

I just don’t understand why applications were all being mixed up ,Β first 864 seemed to have priority then 173Β and now 143 are forging ahead! I’m happy for those who are nearly at the end of their journey though. Just wish immi was more realistic about wait times. We all thought it wasΒ about 18 -Β 24 months wait according to the website! My grand daughter over there was born in 2015 but I couldn’t put my application in then as daughter was going onΒ Maternity leave and wouldn’t have met the required two years finance requirements so we left itΒ till 2017 to meet it. Had we known the real length of waitΒ we would have put the application Β in 2015 anyway as by the time 4Β years later they were looking at that date it would have been ok and in all probability I would have had my visa by now!!Β 

will be 3 years in June - and realistically think it may be another 3 ☹️☹️
Β 

We all know how you feel. I applied for my parents in April 2016 with expected wait then being 18 months.

Decision not to file your application at the time in 2015 was probably not well thought through.

Having said that there in nothing stopping you from coming and going on a Sub Class 600 long stay (3 years: somtimes they waive the 1 year in 18 months requirement if you happen to apply from say NZ and make it 12 months each visit).

All the best in you CPV journey. Β 

Β 

Probably a daft question after spending all day form filling but do we have to fill out two form 80,s or is it just the main applicant and not one for my wife ?

Not daft at all that’s what the forum is for.

I’m afraid the bad news is there has to be a completed form 80 for both of you.

Bridgie

2 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

We all know how you feel. I applied for my parents in April 2016 with expected wait then being 18 months.

Decision not to file your application at the time in 2015 was probably not well thought through.

Having said that there in nothing stopping you from coming and going on a Sub Class 600 long stay (3 years: somtimes they waive the 1 year in 18 months requirement if you happen to apply from say NZ and make it 12 months each visit).

All the best in you CPV journey. Β 

Β 

I have considered 600 visa. However I’m concerned about what happens during my absence. What do people do about leaving their home unoccupied.?Β About mail? About their car and probably lots of other queries too. If someone could pointΒ out the best way to deal with all this I’dΒ be gratefulΒ 

12 hours ago, Bishoy95 said:

My question is, am I still be included

@Bishoy95, how old are you now?Β  Β That's what matters.Β  When your parents' visa is granted, you must still be under 23 and dependent.Β  Β 

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I have considered 600 visa. However I’m concerned about what happens during my absence. What do people do about leaving their home unoccupied.?Β About mail? About their car and probably lots of other queries too. If someone could pointΒ out the best way to deal with all this I’dΒ be gratefulΒ 

Do you have a detached house at the moment?Β  Have you thought of selling up and moving into a smaller place in a complex, or an apartment?Β  Β They're much safer to lock up and leave for long periods.Β  I know that sounds a bit daft when you'll be moving again in a few years - but on the other hand, it forces you to do your declutter (which you'll have to do eventually anyway).Β Β 

Mail - most companies and banks will now deliver bills and statements by email.Β  For about a year before we moved to the UK, we made a conscious effort to switch to email for everything we possibly could.Β  We also attacked the junk mail problem by contacting every company that sent us catalogues or marketing, and telling them to take us off the mailing list (sometimes it took us two or three goes!). Nowadays we receive almost no mail, except from family and friendsΒ  - so then it's just a case of telling them if we're going to be away for long periods.

Car - modern cars can sit unused for long periods without damaging the engine.Β  Β Provided you've got somewhere to lock it up, it's no problem.Β 

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Most things are just about planning - mail, carΒ etc., but don't forget house insurance if you are away for long periods. Β A former neighbour of mine in UK overlooked this, went off to NZ for 3 months, had a break-in whilst away, lots of damage and items stolen, and her insurers refused to pay out. Β That was a very expensive holiday!