AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

4 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Anyone who has done the test. 

It says 2 hours is that time frame accurate and is the test something to be nervous about? 

Sorry if my question is silly, just a super nervous person at times 🙈

As above. I think they say that to include waiting time etc. both hubby and I finished it in less than 5 mins and we took our time.  Both got 100%. Some one in the next booth had an assistant reading out all the questions and inputting the answers, not sure exactly why.

We were in and out of the building in 15 mins tops, we could have saved on parking 🙄

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/05/2019 at 05:20, Tanwi said:

No it's not too fast. 

I applied Feb 2019, got a test invite for June 2019.

So it's probably becoming a norm now. 

Hopefully approvals are as quick as the invites though. 😔

Hi Tanwi,

Is there anything specific that you think, such as documents or going through an Agent or something, that made the process more quick ?  

Thank you

Just wondering how long, roughly, people waited from test/interview to ceremony and then passport.

I have my test in Brisbane on 6 June but my PR expires in August. I’ve called and it basically doesn’t matter about renewing unless I am leaving the country, which I am in December. However it can take 2 months to get the PR renewal (entering back to Australia) visa thing.. 158 visa I think she said

Anyone who has done the test. 
It says 2 hours is that time frame accurate and is the test something to be nervous about? 
Sorry if my question is silly, just a super nervous person at times [emoji85]. 

I was in the building for about an hour and fifteen minutes because there was a full waiting room and it was in ticket number order. I was maybe 5 minutes speaking to the person processing whilst they checked my documents and they sent me off to do my test which really did only take a couple of minutes and in that time I’d made sure to read the questions properly and be careful with my answers (and got [emoji817] %)
They couldn’t approve on the spot as my background checks had not been completed....

2 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Tanwi,

Is there anything specific that you think, such as documents or going through an Agent or something, that made the process more quick ?  

Thank you

Hi,

No I didn't use an agent or anything I just applied online as normal but I had gathered all my documents required before hand. I was eligible to apply at December 2018.

Only had my overseas police clearence to obtain which I travelled back home to get and submitted that on my return April 2019.

After that got test invite on the 13th of May.. For August test but kept checking till I could reshedual for tomorrow's test slot. 

Mind you I first arrived In Aust in 2004 (student visa) and have been PR since 2014. I did apply in 2016 but I left Australia for a year and came back and reapplied so maybe that's why it was quick. Not sure. 

Also approval waits I hear takes a long time also. So it's all a waiting game. 

2 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

I was in the building for about an hour and fifteen minutes because there was a full waiting room and it was in ticket number order. I was maybe 5 minutes speaking to the person processing whilst they checked my documents and they sent me off to do my test which really did only take a couple of minutes and in that time I’d made sure to read the questions properly and be careful with my answers (and got emoji817.png %)
They couldn’t approve on the spot as my background checks had not been completed....

Thank you for the response 😊

2 hours ago, Netbg said:

Just wondering how long, roughly, people waited from test/interview to ceremony and then passport.

I have my test in Brisbane on 6 June but my PR expires in August. I’ve called and it basically doesn’t matter about renewing unless I am leaving the country, which I am in December. However it can take 2 months to get the PR renewal (entering back to Australia) visa thing.. 158 visa I think she said

There are some members I saw that applied for RRV (resident return visa) onshore and had it approved in minutes. Mine expires next month (June). 

26 minutes ago, Tanwi said:

There are some members I saw that applied for RRV (resident return visa) onshore and had it approved in minutes. Mine expires next month (June). 

I think those with a quick response met all the criteria 

• Like 1

Guys. 

I have said it prior and will say it again, if you have been waiting over 15 months please contact your local Federal MP and also contact the government at Canberra, they do not mind and then they will look at your file and tell you what the issues are. 

Sometimes, they will contact and why the application is being held up and will assist. 

2 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Hi,

No I didn't use an agent or anything I just applied online as normal but I had gathered all my documents required before hand. I was eligible to apply at December 2018.

Only had my overseas police clearence to obtain which I travelled back home to get and submitted that on my return April 2019.

After that got test invite on the 13th of May.. For August test but kept checking till I could reshedual for tomorrow's test slot. 

Mind you I first arrived In Aust in 2004 (student visa) and have been PR since 2014. I did apply in 2016 but I left Australia for a year and came back and reapplied so maybe that's why it was quick. Not sure. 

Also approval waits I hear takes a long time also. So it's all a waiting game. 

Thank you for the response !

Also, u have mentioned you need to get PCC for overseas.Could you get it from here in Oz - Because from what I know it can be applied here also ? 

15 minutes ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you for the response !

Also, u have mentioned you need to get PCC for overseas.Could you get it from here in Oz - Because from what I know it can be applied here also ? 

Yes I needed one from home country as I spent a year there plus other months after gaining PR. 

Yes, I sent a set of finger prints, plus filled in forms etc and DHL them back to my home country (had someone at home to lodge at police headquarters) to process my police clearence certificate. I was travelling for Easter break to see my fanily in April, so picked up the police clearence in person and brought it back and attached to the required feil on my application. 

Edited by Tanwi

1 hour ago, Tanwi said:

Yes I needed one from home country as I spent a year there plus other months after gaining PR. 

Yes, I sent a set of finger prints, plus filled in forms etc and DHL them back to my home country (had someone at home to lodge at police headquarters) to process my police clearence certificate. I was travelling for Easter break to see my fanily in April, so picked up the police clearence in person and brought it back and attached to the required feil on my application. 

Also on PPC sorry I must have miss read yes you can apply for your respective countries online or whichever way is allowable by them. 

As for my home country I just didn't trust things would be done on the time frame I had in mind so I went about doing it as I mentioned above. Cheers 

Hope that answered your question. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ali said:

I think those with a quick response met all the criteria 

If they meet the requirement to apply for citizenship then they've met and exceeded the requirement for an RRV. Approval and issue of the visa should take minutes.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 14:43, Red Rose said:

I know what would speed your application up and it would have a 100% success rate. 

Write to your minister. 

this is our next step when we hit 18m  which is looming soon...... no idea why we have no test date nor requests for more info ...all very bizarre  and frustrating ....just nothing and when we ring them they say just wait ....arrghhhh .... RRV in place for all of us ...send in all copies of new passports  and anything i can think of lol

On 27/05/2019 at 16:51, shiveringpom said:

this is our next step when we hit 18m  which is looming soon...... no idea why we have no test date nor requests for more info ...all very bizarre  and frustrating ....just nothing and when we ring them they say just wait ....arrghhhh .... RRV in place for all of us ...send in all copies of new passports  and anything i can think of lol

Have you tried one of those FOI things? 

Hi Guys,

whoever knows this please help me or whoever attended department ceremonies, what is the difference between department ceremonies and council ceremonies. If the Department is conducting a ceremony will they send the certificate by Mail always? I believe Department Ceremonies happening on weekends and, maybe when there is a lot of candidates waiting from a particular area, am I correct? 
Thanks in advance for the reply and appreciated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sheravanan said:

Hi Guys,

whoever knows this please help me or whoever attended department ceremonies, what is the difference between department ceremonies and council ceremonies. If the Department is conducting a ceremony will they send the certificate by Mail always? I believe Department Ceremonies happening on weekends and, maybe when there is a lot of candidates waiting from a particular area, am I correct? 
Thanks in advance for the reply and appreciated.

We had a department ceremony, they handed an envelope which supposed to have the certificate but due to election, they remove the certificate before handing the envelope to us.  So to answer your question, i guess it's safe to say that you are going to receive the certificate in either department or council ceremonies in normal circumstances.

Edited by em-r
  • Like 1