AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, millski88 said:

Hi Citizenship Crew

My fiancee and I are both eligible in a few weeks and I'm just getting organised.

My fiancee has been my de facto partner on both my 457 and 186 visas. This may sounds like a real starter question, but is there any way we can submit citizenship applications together, or do we do this independently now via our individual Immi Online accounts?

I notice when reviewing the paper based form we should be listing each other as 'other associated people' as de facto, but other than that is there any option to lodge a joint application?

It's only a minor detail, we're just used to lodging visa apps together!

Thanks in advance!

You apply independently and link the applications. You can apply from the same immi account though. I applied for myself, husband and son through my account. They would never have done the applications themselves......

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You apply independently and link the applications. You can apply from the same immi account though. I applied for myself, husband and son through my account. They would never have done the applications themselves......

That's awesome, thanks for the info. So it doesn't matter which Immi account you use? I'd rather do them through the same one if that's possible. Also, at what point do you get the option to link them? Thanks!

2 hours ago, millski88 said:

That's awesome, thanks for the info. So it doesn't matter which Immi account you use? I'd rather do them through the same one if that's possible. Also, at what point do you get the option to link them? Thanks!

No it doesn’t matter which account. Somewhere on the form it asks if you want to link. You will need the reference for both applications to cross reference so start them both and pause and submit when complete. 

6 hours ago, rammygirl said:

No it doesn’t matter which account. Somewhere on the form it asks if you want to link. You will need the reference for both applications to cross reference so start them both and pause and submit when complete. 

Thank you 🙌

HI Guys,

I have one doubt, the Ceremony letter will be a hard copy by post, or in some cases comes as e-mail, in all scenario can we able to see the updates in the IMMI online account that we received Ceremony Letter ?. Please help me. Thank you in Advance.

On 26/04/2019 at 13:55, pugwash said:

Hi all,

Applied Citizenship via conferral 31/8/17

Further info requested - heard nothing since...........

I hit the 20month mark on 1/5/19.

Anyone experience of the complaint process I can go through to get some resolution come next week when I am outside of the processing times?

Do I complain to Immigration first and then go to the Ombudsman if no resolution?

I am drafting a letter to local MP as we speak - ready to send when I hit the 20 month mark.

Feeling frustrated...

Thanks for any advice.

can i ask what was the further info they wanted? at how many months did that come ?

we are now over 16 months from application  and nothing at all since then so we arent far behind you in what seems to be the longest wait i can see to even sit the test.... what city are u in ?

even if we get the test date we still have to then wait for a ceremony and then passports so  our timeline i suspect is going to go over 24 months  .......

it doesnt change anything but i worry at this rate i will need another RRV ..... hahahaha 

any help when you phone them? all i get is we are within the timeline so just sit back....... no news is good news i was told last time lol

HI Guys,

I have one doubt, the Ceremony letter will be a hard copy by post, or in some cases comes as e-mail, in all scenario can we able to see the updates in the IMMI online account that we received Ceremony Letter ?. Please help me. Thank you in Advance.

3 hours ago, sheravanan said:

HI Guys,

Hi Sheravanan,

It depends on the council. Some councils provide letter by post only, some provide by email or some provide both. For e.g. Brisbane City Council (where I applied) send letter only by post. The IMMI account status will NOT change after ceremony letter is dispatched. Hope that helps!

I've been waiting a while to add to this thread....

Applied 29 June 2018  online, acknowledged same day

Test/interview letter received 6 May 2019

Interview/ Test date 18 July 2019 Brisbane

Moreton Bay Regional Council

UK applicant. Family of 5

Just need to get fresh Police certs from UK as they are now over 12 months old...!

Just got an email with test interview date today even though we only applied in January 2019, super shocked with such a short turnaround.  We are in Adelaide area

Applied: 05 Jan 2019

Test Email- 07/05/2019- proposed test date was 26th June 2019 but I have managed to change this online to 09/05/2019

Approved: TBC

Ceremony Email / Date : TBC

Council: Charles Sturt (SA)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pmckin14 said:

Just got an email with test interview date today even though we only applied in January 2019, super shocked with such a short turnaround.  We are in Adelaide area

Applied: 05 Jan 2019

Test Email- 07/05/2019- proposed test date was 26th June 2019 but I have managed to change this online to 09/05/2019

Approved: TBC

Ceremony Email / Date : TBC

Council: Charles Sturt (SA)

Wow! Hang on, you changed the test date from 26th June to 9th May? or is that a typo?

Tom

Yes I wasn’t going to be here on the 26th June, so went on the link to change the date and there was an appointments for the 9th May or else later than 26th June. So thought I’d go for it! I have my test tomorrow! Lots of study tonight  :-)

• Like 1

I am new here. 

I was wondering anybody receive a request for further documentation? Once you supplied that was the process a tad faster or? 

Also what does it mean when your application statues is "further assessment" 

16 hours ago, pmckin14 said:

Yes I wasn’t going to be here on the 26th June, so went on the link to change the date and there was an appointments for the 9th May or else later than 26th June. So thought I’d go for it! I have my test tomorrow! Lots of study tonight 🙂

Wow that's amazing. What a turnaround time!

• Like 1

Date Applied: 04/05/2018

Council: Sunshine Coast 

Email for Test Date: 17/04/2019

Date of Test/Interview: 08/05/2019

Test/Interview Location: Centrelink Kawana, SC

Immi account Status Approval: waiting

Approval Letter: waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

hi guys! 

Here is my timeline and I’m just wondering what are other Sunshine Coast timelines like? Because we do the test at Centrelink with the department of human services, they collect the info and test you and then send it to home affairs.

my question is, because we do the test at Centrelink does it mean we get a slower approval than others who get tested at an immigration office? Can other Sunshine Coast residents share their timelines for me please? 

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Rebbecca said:

Date Applied: 04/05/2018

Council: Sunshine Coast 

Email for Test Date: 17/04/2019

Date of Test/Interview: 08/05/2019

Test/Interview Location: Centrelink Kawana, SC

Immi account Status Approval: waiting

Approval Letter: waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

hi guys! 

Here is my timeline and I’m just wondering what are other Sunshine Coast timelines like? Because we do the test at Centrelink with the department of human services, they collect the info and test you and then send it to home affairs.

my question is, because we do the test at Centrelink does it mean we get a slower approval than others who get tested at an immigration office? Can other Sunshine Coast residents share their timelines for me please? 

Thank you

Hi,

We did our test at the same place as you on the 24th April.

We were told to call Home Affairs after 6wks if we hadn't received our approval letter. 

Will be interesting to see how we both get on. We may get the same ceremony date 😀

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

Hi,

We did our test at the same place as you on the 24th April.

We were told to call Home Affairs after 6wks if we hadn't received our approval letter. 

Will be interesting to see how we both get on. We may get the same ceremony date 😀

Ah awesome! I called the local council a few months back and they said that they said they have a ceremony in May (doubt we will make that one), July (hopefully that one so I can get HECS before uni), September and November. I really hope we get an approval soon! He told me because he works for human services he can only send off the info I gave him and my test results. He didn’t say about 6 weeks but he did say leave it a few days before you try and contact them. Good luck!!!

5 minutes ago, Rebbecca said:

Ah awesome! I called the local council a few months back and they said that they said they have a ceremony in May (doubt we will make that one), July (hopefully that one so I can get HECS before uni), September and November. I really hope we get an approval soon! He told me because he works for human services he can only send off the info I gave him and my test results. He didn’t say about 6 weeks but he did say leave it a few days before you try and contact them. Good luck!!!

We are hoping that if we get the july one its before 18th and after 28th as we'll be in Bali then. If not then hopefully we can get the September one. Knowing our luck it will slap bang in the middle of our holiday! Our test date was whilst we were on the plane back from Port Douglas, couldn't get a new date so had to pay for an earlier flight!

I want an invite to the Home Affairs Christmas party as I've more than contributed lol!, 

Good luck to you too 🤞

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

Applied in June 2018, received my test date on Monday for 11th July in the Brisbane area.

That's wonderful news. Congratulations on an invite. 

Hopefully QLD is a little faster then other centers. 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2019 at 12:13, Tanwi said:

That's wonderful news. Congratulations on an invite. 

Hopefully QLD is a little faster then other centers. 

er sadly not  - we are waiting now almost 18 months to hear anything from brisbane city  - all very random it seems ! simple family of 4 from UK lol....x