AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 07/04/2019 at 23:00, fanta112 said:

I was asked for overseas police checks and proof of ties in Australia (as I travelled overseas after applying)

Hi,

Could you please let us know what are the documents that can be used as proof of ties in Australia ? 

Also, did they ask this only because you traveled overseas after the application for citizenship ?

Is this something that needs to be provided when you are doing the application itself ?

How long was the overseas trip ? 

Thank you

Hi Brisbane folks,

Has anyone received ceremony invitation for 29th April ceremony by Brisbane City Council yet? They send invitation by mail only and I am wondering if I'll be part of it. Ideally, I should have received by now if I am in the list but I have seen some comments earlier that they usually send invitations upto 2 weeks before ceremony. Tried contacting council directly and DOHA but nobody is ready to give any info

On 07/04/2019 at 00:12, Mariokovic1 said:
  1. Date applied:  16/02/18
  2. City/Council area:  Ryde
  3. Online / Paper:  Online 
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 16/02/18
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/02/19
  6. Status : Approved 25/02/19
  7. Date of ceremony:  11/04/19
  8. Type of ceremony:  Normal

this is my time frame guys.

Hi Mariokovic, 

Congrats! May i know how many weeks before the ceremony did you receive the invitation? We are also in ryde coucil and application approved 26/03.  was it via email or via mail?  thanks.

11 hours ago, abhi1234 said:

Hi Brisbane folks,

Has anyone received ceremony invitation for 29th April ceremony by Brisbane City Council yet? They send invitation by mail only and I am wondering if I'll be part of it. Ideally, I should have received by now if I am in the list but I have seen some comments earlier that they usually send invitations upto 2 weeks before ceremony. Tried contacting council directly and DOHA but nobody is ready to give any info

Hi, I’m waiting for ceremony as well, I did my test was on 26/2/19, and now status still received. I wish I can have a call soon. But anyway can you tell me what number of Brisbane city council to contact with? I wanna call them to ask about that too but can’t find the contact details... how do you find their ceremony timetable? 

Thanks

35 minutes ago, Tianna said:

Hi, I’m waiting for ceremony as well, I did my test was on 26/2/19, and now status still received. I wish I can have a call soon. But anyway can you tell me what number of Brisbane city council to contact with? I wanna call them to ask about that too but can’t find the contact details... how do you find their ceremony timetable? 

Thanks

Hi, you can call them at 07 3403 8888

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:14, shiveringpom said:

paper application 2/1/18 brisbane city ,  family of 4 in our 40s with 2 kids - British -     no issues 

ackowledgement 3/1/18  by email 

nothing at 15 months

have also uploaded everything to immi account since and nothing and rang them and nothing .... we wait and check everything daily lol...... x

Hi Shiveringpom….. any further news on your paper application ??  I rang them beginning of this week... they said all ok with my paper application nothing further required... just wait.... phew....

11 hours ago, Rach Brisbane said:

I sat my test on 7 March (100%) and haven't had my approval letter yet. I know my police checks are clear (I'm very boring hahaha). Is it normal to not hear anything for this long after? Thanks guys! 

Hi Rach,

My partner sat his test on 03/09/2018 and is still waiting for approval. He got 100% in test also. The interviewer told him that approval could take 6 months from test but its been 7 months now and still nothing. As per immi website he is still within the time frame of 16-21 months so I guess still a long wait ahead. 😞 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kirsty160990 said:

Hi Rach,

My partner sat his test on 03/09/2018 and is still waiting for approval. He got 100% in test also. The interviewer told him that approval could take 6 months from test but its been 7 months now and still nothing. As per immi website he is still within the time frame of 16-21 months so I guess still a long wait ahead. 😞 

Hi @kirsty160990 has your partner travelled during his residency? 

• Thanks 1

HI Guys, Last month my application has been approved. 1. I would like to know 6 months waiting for the ceremony is mandatory or if you have a place for you in the council ceremony (may be less number of conferral) you can take the pledge in a month time?  2. suppose some of the people want to post bond their ceremony then the next waiting list candidate can be called? Thanks in Advance.

No not yet mate.Still status"received". You should wait until you get letter. I never contacted with them and If you call Immi they will say " you have to wait"

Hi syd38
do you get your approval letter?
do you contact with them?
thanks

23 minutes ago, syd38 said:

No not yet mate.Still status"received". You should wait until you get letter. I never contacted with them and If you call Immi they will say " you have to wait"

Yes. The person on the other line wouldn’t know because it depends on the person who’s handling your paperwork.

2 hours ago, Steve2019 said:

Hi everyone 

I did my test on February in NSW, but my status still received. Please, is there any Email or phone number to ask about my approval letter. Please I need it as soon as possible.

Hopefully we will get the approval soon. I have a job offer that’s waiting for me and they can only wait until end of June.

😥

• Sad 1

1. Date applied 21/4/18
  2. City/Council area Brisbane City Council
  3. Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email 21/4/18
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test 6/6/19
  6. Date of ceremony TBA
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

19 hours ago, Yeyebonel said:

Hopefully we will get the approval soon. I have a job offer that’s waiting for me and they can only wait until end of June.

😥

Approval doesn’t make you a citizen though. You are not a citizen until after the ceremony. If your employment requires citizenship then you might have a case to request an urgent ceremony though.