AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 12/04/2019 at 09:35, Darley Dale said:

Hi Shiveringpom….. any further news on your paper application ??  I rang them beginning of this week... they said all ok with my paper application nothing further required... just wait.... phew....

I rang again last week and just told to wait as I expected ...... we are over 15 months now and nothing ..... no requests for extra info .... just waiting for a test date .... told me no news is good news essentially ...... they checked my application and said all looks ok ..... just frustrating when others getting tesr etc yet applied after us . All very random ! . I have visions of applying for another RRV at this rate before we get an Ozzie passport - imagine 😆

2 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

I rang again last week and just told to wait as I expected ...... we are over 15 months now and nothing ..... no requests for extra info .... just waiting for a test date .... told me no news is good news essentially ...... they checked my application and said all looks ok ..... just frustrating when others getting tesr etc yet applied after us . All very random ! . I have visions of applying for another RRV at this rate before we get an Ozzie passport - imagine 😆

Hi and welcome back home !!!

Have you moved yet to the Sunny Coast???

No further news on my application, but will keep you posted...

All the best

Darley Dale

On 11/04/2019 at 22:35, Rach Brisbane said:

I sat my test on 7 March (100%) and haven't had my approval letter yet. I know my police checks are clear (I'm very boring hahaha). Is it normal to not hear anything for this long after? Thanks guys! 

When I asked my case officer, he said they usually run police checks before status changes to "Approved". Its straightforward in some cases, but sometimes it does take more time .So, it is normal to not hear from them. Unfortunately, you'll not get any updates until its approved, so it can get a bit frustrating if the wait is too long.

Date applied 28 aug 2018

interview/test Date letter 4 April 2019

for 9 aug 2019 reschedule on 11 apr 2019

15 April 2019 approved 

ceremony tba 

extermely happy 12 years for struggle.

about 18 times Immi ask me to leave the country within 28 days.

so much blood and sweat.

thank you

1 hour ago, Ravipowar said:

Date applied 28 aug 2018

15 April 2019 approved 

ceremony tba 

so much blood and sweat.

thank you

Has your online immi application status been updated to ‘Approved’?

congratulations by the way!

Yes it did 

Date applied 28 aug 2018

15 April 2019 approved 

ceremony tba 

so much blood and sweat.

thank you

• Congratulations 1

Mohammad Al-Khafaji, chief executive of the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils of Australia, agrees that citizenship has become a battleground in Australia’s immigration debate.

“We know that citizenship has been politicised in the past,” he says, “and the delays in processing people’s citizenship has put a lot of pressure on families and has prevented people seeing their sick parents and people who don’t have much time left with their relatives just to ensure that them being outside of the country doesn’t affect the processing of the visas and citizenship status.”

“THE DEPARTMENT ACTUALLY PUT REFUGEE APPLICATIONS IN A DRAWER AND FAILED TO LOOK AT THEM FOR OVER 12 MONTHS … WE THINK THIS WAS A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO TRY TO DENY REFUGEES THEIR RIGHT TO CITIZENSHIP AS A FURTHER DETERRENT OR FURTHER PUNISHMENT.”

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2019/04/13/delays-citizenship-applications/15550776007988

• Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 17:46, Darley Dale said:

Hi and welcome back home !!!

Have you moved yet to the Sunny Coast???

No further news on my application, but will keep you posted...

All the best

Darley Dale

Oh think you have me confused with someone else 😂 we live in Brisbane and been here for many years x

The Home Affairs website states the department aims to finalise 90 per cent of citizenship applications within 23 months of lodgement. 

In January, David Coleman, Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs, said the approval rate had increased with an 83 per cent increase in applications finalised in the last six months of 2018 - almost 73,000 - compared with the same period 12 months before. 

In October 2018, Home Affairs said 45,500 citizenship applications were finalised between July and October 2018. 

It could not be ascertained whether more than 220,000 people waiting for their citizenship to be processed was the largest in Australian history as the Migration Council claimed.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6078695/over-220000-waiting-in-citizenship-queue/

• Like 2

On 12/04/2019 at 18:44, syd38 said:

No not yet mate.Still status"received". You should wait until you get letter. I never contacted with them and If you call Immi they will say " you have to wait"

Hi mate,

if you get your approval letter please let me know. So long time we are waiting. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, kirsty160990 said:

This forum has gotten very quiet.

Either nothing has happened with the applications or people have just given up with the forum as fed up with the waiting 🤣

Yeah. People got tired already of checking their immi account.

oh wait, I think that would be me in the near future. Lol.

Here’s my timeline now

Applied: 30/03/2018
Test: 24/02/2019
Approval: 11/03/2019
Ceremony Email: 17/04/2019
Ceremony: 25/05/2019
Start to end - 14 months

Hopefully this info will be useful to someone here as it helped me while anxiously waiting.

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 3

5 hours ago, hb31 said:

Here’s my timeline now

Start to end - 14 months

Hopefully this info will be useful to someone here as it helped me while anxiously waiting.

Congratulations!

May I ask if you received your ceremony invite email from your council or the department?

21 hours ago, hb31 said:

Here’s my timeline now

Start to end - 14 months

Congratulations mate, Nice to hear it. I hope for you the best as a new Australian citizen. May I know it which country are you from and what is your council name? All the best mate. Lucky you 🙂

Congratulations mate, Nice to hear it. I hope for you the best as a new Australian citizen. May I know it which country are you from and what is your council name? All the best mate. Lucky you [emoji846]

Thanks mate. I am from India and council is Belmont, WA
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, em-r said:

Our timeline

Applied: 26/05/2018
My Test/Approval: 26/03/2019
Husband's test/approval: 01/04/2019

Ceremony Email: 23/04/2019
Ceremony: 19/05/2019
Ceremony will be in Sydney Olympic park

Wow amazing em-r

That is an impressive timeline 🙂 

My partner applied 19/04/2018, Test on 03/09/2018 and still waiting on approval 😞 

1 hour ago, em-r said:

Our timeline

Applied: 26/05/2018
My Test/Approval: 26/03/2019
Husband's test/approval: 01/04/2019

Ceremony Email: 23/04/2019
Ceremony: 19/05/2019
Ceremony will be in Sydney Olympic park

Congratulations!

May I ask if you live in Parramatta council or just invited to attend ceremony there? also, did you receive the ceremony invite email from the council or the department? Cheers

15 minutes ago, fanta112 said:

Congratulations!

May I ask if you live in Parramatta council or just invited to attend ceremony there? also, did you receive the ceremony invite email from the council or the department? Cheers

Ryde council but the location for the ceremony in the invitation is Sydney Olympic park.  we received the invite via email from DHA/NSW Ceremonies team.