AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Me and My Friend we Both applied same day, We both live in same Suburb and Have same council our Time line is

FRIEND

APPLIED    25/10/2017

TEST          08/10/2018

APPROVAL  29/03/19

CEREMONY  WAITING

MINE 

APPLIED    25/10/2017

TEST          05/10/2018

APPROVAL  WAITING

CEREMONY   WAITING

PERTH/WANNEROO COUNCIL

13 hours ago, jazzi87 said:

Me and My Friend we Both applied same day, We both live in same Suburb and Have same council our Time line is

FRIEND

APPLIED    25/10/2017

TEST          08/10/2018

APPROVAL  29/03/19

CEREMONY  WAITING

MINE 

APPLIED    25/10/2017

TEST          05/10/2018

APPROVAL  WAITING

CEREMONY   WAITING

PERTH/WANNEROO COUNCIL

Wow that’s a long wait. Did you take your interview and exam at IMMI Wellington in the CBD? 

I’m waiting for mine as well but I only took my exam three weeks ago. The interviewer said that it would be 2 weeks to 2 months of waiting time.

1 hour ago, Yeyebonel said:

Wow that’s a long wait. Did you take your interview and exam at IMMI Wellington in the CBD? 

I’m waiting for mine as well but I only took my exam three weeks ago. The interviewer said that it would be 2 weeks to 2 months of waiting time.

My partner has done his test on 03/09/2018 and is still waiting for approval. 7 months since test. Darwin area.

I did my test a month ago. the case officer told me he will perform some additional checks and told me to wait 6 months for ceremony. But my application is still received.

Any applicant from South Australia who is already approved. How many days did you waited for the approval after the test? I think regional applicants gets the test quicker but approval takes time

5 minutes ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

I did my test a month ago. the case officer told me he will perform some additional checks and told me to wait 6 months for ceremony. But my application is still received.

Any applicant from South Australia who is already approved. How many days did you waited for the approval after the test? I think regional applicants gets the test quicker but approval takes time

Three of us from SA got immediate approval after the test, shown as approved on line the same day. We were told after the test that all was OK and no further checks were required. I think extra security checks are now required though. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Three of us from SA got immediate approval after the test, shown as approved on line the same day. We were told after the test that all was OK and no further checks were required. I think extra security checks are now required though. 

thank you. It really helps.

4 hours ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

Yeah, same here. Told the ceremony will take up to 6 months but the approval should take 2 weeks to 2 months.

Did you travel during during your residency? I heard that they will do offshore and onshore police checks on their own.

Edited by Yeyebonel

Hello everyone,

I see in my ImmiAcccount that my application status changed to "Approved" just now. But today is Saturday (checked EOD yesterday and it was still "Received") and there was some system maintenance. I don't want to get my hopes up yet... Is it possible that this is a system error? Has anyone had similar experience?

4 hours ago, fanta112 said:

Hello everyone,

I see in my ImmiAcccount that my application status changed to "Approved" just now. But today is Saturday (checked EOD yesterday and it was still "Received") and there was some system maintenance. I don't want to get my hopes up yet... Is it possible that this is a system error? Has anyone had similar experience?

Hi

its very good news for you. What’s your timeline?

Both my husband and myself met citizenship  requirements in June last year (2018), applied and then had to leave the country. We came back and sat our citizenship test and had interview and passed in March-this year but could not remain onshore for the timeline of 6 months for approval and left Australia, Our children, both under 16 were under my husbands application and we now think that it is better to  add the them to my application, or is it too late?  I will return to Australia within six month approval time line and look for work. We left for family reasons, grandfather being very  old and ill, delays  with house sale/renting it out  due to Brexit. The delays in citizenship processing times made our son ineligible for a loan to begin university unless he was a citizen, thus, he was in  in limbo. My children wish to study and live out their lives there.  Uk is a temporary move.

Can we add our children to my application given we have not yet been approved?

1. Date applied:  16/02/18
  2. City/Council area:  Ryde
  3. Online / Paper:  Online 
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 16/02/18
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/02/19
  6. Status : Approved 25/02/19
  7. Date of ceremony:  11/04/19
  8. Type of ceremony:  Normal

this is my time frame guys.

13 hours ago, fanta112 said:

Hello everyone,

It's entirely possible that they're still using an overnight batch update rather than a live system. As a result anything done on a Friday wouldn't show up until Saturday.  

Hi, do i need to fill form 1195(identity declaration) to apply for citizenship?

Is it a requirement  to get that form signed from an Australian citizen working in one of the 38 listed occupations in the form and should have known the applicant for at least one year?

I don’t know anyone working in the occupations listed from 1year. What should i do?

1 hour ago, Garry-88 said:

Hi, do i need to fill form 1195(identity declaration) to apply for citizenship?

Is it a requirement  to get that form signed from an Australian citizen working in one of the 38 listed occupations in the form and should have known the applicant for at least one year?

I don’t know anyone working in the occupations listed from 1year. What should i do?

Yes you do need to complete the form and have it signed by one of the listed occupations. Your GP or dentist can do it, if you have been visiting them for 1yr+

On 06/04/2019 at 16:33, Steve2019 said:

its very good news for you. What’s your timeline?

Thanks!

Here is my timeline:

– Application submitted: Aug 2017
– Interview: 11 Feb 2019
– Request for additional documents: 12 Feb 2019
– Approved: 6 Apr 2019 (status shown in immiAccount)

On 07/04/2019 at 00:05, Laura Fawbert1 said:

Both my husband and myself met citizenship  requirements in June last year (2018), applied and then had to leave the country. We came back and sat our citizenship test and had interview and passed in March-this year but could not remain onshore for the timeline of 6 months for approval and left Australia,

Hi Laura, I'm not sure about adding children to your application so better not answer that part.

Regarding your travel, here is you should be aware of. The rule is that an approve decision cannot be made while your are overseas. What's likely to happen is that department might send you an email and asking you come back within 28 days. 

In addition, extended overseas travel after PR grant may also trigger an request to prove your intention to reside in or ties to Australia. Here is an excerpt from the department's Citizenship Policy. When that happens, you will need to provide additional documents to the department and it will almost certainly prolong the process.

Intention to reside should be investigated further in situations where: 

the applicant has spent significant periods outside of Australia since becoming a permanent resident or 

has requested a citizenship test or citizenship ceremony be conducted overseas. 

If a person indicates that they intend to leave Australia or remain overseas for an indeterminate period, officers must consider whether they have a close and continuing relationship with Australia. 

My recommendation is, if it's possible for you, stay a bit longer and leave after you got approval. If that's not possible, make sure you have enough evidence to prove your ties when asked.

Best of luck!

Edited by fanta112

2 hours ago, fanta112 said:

Thanks!

Here is my timeline:

– Application submitted: Aug 2017
– Interview: 11 Feb 2019
– Request for additional documents: 12 Feb 2019
– Approved: 6 Apr 2019 (status shown in immiAccount)

Hi @fanta112 what was the additional documents did they asked for?

4 hours ago, fanta112 said:

I was asked for overseas police checks and proof of ties in Australia (as I travelled overseas after applying)

Ah cool. I was asked for overseas police checks documents prior my interview. Hopefully mines are all good 😭

may I ask what State or council you are?

Hi  All

I got invitation to attend ceremony but i changed my address recently (councill changed) . And i got invitation from old address council. So is it ok to attend ceremony or i call immi to let them know about council change??? Plz help