AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

5 minutes ago, Rach Brisbane said:

Hi!

I sat my test a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for my approval letter. 

I have a possible job opportunity waiting for me but I need to be an Australian citizen before they can accept me.

My question is whether the approval makes you a citizen or do you need to attend a ceremony first before you're considered a citizen. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much! 

You have to attend a ceremony and take the pledge before you are considered a citizen. You will then be given your official certificate.

• Thanks 1

Eventually, I got approved. Here is my timeline:

Applied online in Mar 2017, Tested in Jul 2017, Approved on 14 Mar 2019. It is TWO YEARS from lodgement to approval. FOI didn't show anything significant. Ridiculous! Waiting for the ceremony invitation now. 

On 18/03/2019 at 14:38, Yeyebonel said:

@Apish thanks. My friend got an approval dated 11-March and his test was on 18th of Feb. He just received the mail today (18th March)  from the minister (he’s from cockburn).

So roughly three weeks. 

Let’s keep each other posted if you may.

Thanks a lot for the positive update:) I haven’t got my approval yet till today. It has been more than a month (My test was on 12 Feb 2019). I think every case varies. Wish both of us will get the approval soon;)

23 minutes ago, Apish said:

Thanks a lot for the positive update:) I haven’t got my approval yet till today. It has been more than a month (My test was on 12 Feb 2019). I think every case varies. Wish both of us will get the approval soon;)

@Apish i have a feeling that you will get your approval before the month ends 😊

Please keep us posted.

16 hours ago, Afanso said:

Eventually, I got approved. Here is my timeline:

Applied online in Mar 2017, Tested in Jul 2017, Approved on 14 Mar 2019. It is TWO YEARS from lodgement to approval. FOI didn't show anything significant. Ridiculous! Waiting for the ceremony invitation now. 

Congrats mates, could you please let us know what was your home county?

My Update:

Application submission: 26th April 2018

Test Invitation: 20th of March 2019

Test date: 10th April (Reschedule to 22nd March and passed with 100%)

Test Center: Sydney CBD

Approval: Not yet

Ceremony: Not yet

Origin country: Bangladesh

On 13/03/2019 at 22:44, bma said:

Jimmy2621 and others who are still waiting, an update for the 2017's

Three friends (2 from QLD and 1 in NSW) applied for citizenship on 6 June 2017.

QLD friend #1 timeline:
Application online : 6 June 2017
Acknowledgement by email : 6 June 2017
Request for additional documents: 6 November 2017
Citizenship Appointment Letter Received : 23 November 2017
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 6 December 2017
Citizenship Approved: 27 February 2018
Ceremony: 16 May 2018

QLD friend #2 timeline: same but without a request for extra documents (approved in Feb 2018)

NSW friend #3
Application online : 6 June 2017
Acknowledgement by email : 6 June 2017
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 4 July 2018 (yes, 13 months after applying)

Approved sometime in the last 14 days (March 2019), the status online changed from received to approved. No letter for the ceremony yet, but that can take up to six months. So, from date of applying to approved, a year and eight months.

In the first two cases, the online status never changed from received to approved - after the ceremony, it changed into finalised or something like that, but nothing in between.

But for friend number 3, it did change from received to approved.

All the best to everyone!!! 

May i ask what additional documents needed?

Thanks very much

6 hours ago, User478 said:

Hi 

I chaged my adress into immi account.so how can i tell immigration about my council chaged?? 

Your council gets your details from department of Home Affairs so, as you already updated ur address in ur immi account and u got the acknowledgement of details update then you don’t have to worry. You just exercise patience and will get your letter on ur current address from your council 👍

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Keshev said:

Your council gets your details from department of Home Affairs so, as you already updated ur address in ur immi account and u got the acknowledgement of details update then you don’t have to worry. You just exercise patience and will get your letter on ur current address from your council 👍

@User478 You may also want to use the auspost mail redirect just to be 100% sure. 

2 minutes ago, jazzi87 said:

Applied 25/10/2017

TEST DATE 05/10/2018

PASSED 100%

CEREMONY: ????

PERTH/WANNEROO COUNCIL/

Wow, so you’ve been waiting for a while now. I’m from Perth as well and passed my test first week of March. The interviewer told me that it should only take 2 weeks to 2 months.

did you travel outside Aus during your PR?

On 25/03/2019 at 09:33, Yeyebonel said:

Probably that’s why. I heard that they will do onshore and offshore checks and I heard India Police certs takes a while to get feedback from.

so do you mean after PR and before applying for the citizenship? as i have done some travelling after i have applied for the citizenship. 

Timeline for anyone interested 

Application November 2018

Test today (27/03/19) 100% 😃🇦🇺

Ceremony (they said 3-6 months)

I live in Qld yet test done in NSW 

4 of us there together today taking test - Me (UK) and another man applied Nov 18, another lady applied Jan 19 and another man applied Dec 17

FYI for people worried about travelling after passing test and before receiving approval. 

Applied 22/12/17

Passed test 6/1/19 Tweed Heads but live on Gold Coast

Leaving for an unknown period 31/3/19 to see family in UK. Called citizenship helpline today to inform of travel. They were super helpful and reassured me they would just contact me via email / immiaccount if they needed anything. They said they don’t pause application but just asked me to upload any documents (flights & any official documents for reason of extended period if it gets to that) 

Relief! I was super worried about this as have been told many times you have to be in Australia when they make the decision. 

Hope this helps :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheravanan said:

HI, I am going for an interview and test, but I don't have a birth certificate, can some please help me what I can show at this time. ? Thanks in Advance

You didn’t submit one on your application? Or you don’t have the original copy?

They asked for mine during the interview. 

9 minutes ago, sheravanan said:

HI Guys, I am going for an interview and test, but I don't have a birth certificate, can some please help me what I can show at this time. ? Thanks in Advance

If you’re  from india 10 th class certificate they will accept as dob proof and father and name on it