AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

18 hours ago, em-r said:

Ryde council but the location for the ceremony in the invitation is Sydney Olympic park.  we received the invite via email from DHA/NSW Ceremonies team.

It seems like you are going to a departmental ceremony, ranther than one held by the council. I hear the department did the same thing last year and held a large ceremony in Sydney Olympic park. Did you request this specifically?

We have a similar timeline but i havent got invite yet..

Cheers

Edited by fanta112

22 hours ago, fanta112 said:

It seems like you are going to a departmental ceremony, ranther than one held by the council. I hear the department did the same thing last year and held a large ceremony in Sydney Olympic park. Did you request this specifically?

We have a similar timeline but i havent got invite yet..

Cheers

I checked my immi account if i have requested this kind of ceremony, my answer was No in departmental ceremony but now that it is here, i am grateful to be part of this event.  You are almost there, i'm sure that invite will come soon.

Guest nblee123

Hi Guys,

What sort of questions to be expected to be asked during the interview section of the test?

Your detail like occupation, where to work, where to live, relationship history, travel history...

Anything else?

Edited by nblee123

22 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

updated processing times have been released,

think they have reduced by 1 month compared to last months published processing times:

image.png.fa5434c8f31e8ab37bd65661884b53f3.png

thanks

we are now hitting 16 month mark  next week with nothing still  from application 'received'  status ......

maybe we are heading all the way to the 20 month bunch lol......

must have patience ........

27 minutes ago, nblee123 said:

Hi Guys,

What sort of questions to be expected to be asked during the interview section of the test?

Your detail like occupation, where to work, where to live, relationship history, travel history...

Anything else?

In our case, they only check our documents and just a normal conversation e.g. are you on leave from work today? 

2 hours ago, millski88 said:

Hi all!

I've tried requesting access to the application spreadsheet a few times in the past. 

Anyone know who's in control of allowing access to it?

I used the link below, please let me know if this is wrong!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hi millski88,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rLZKwjhbfXLeqWyX3mqxU3p4SOfFedG7WanXQSwyrfA/edit#gid=1621018804

its all messed up and incorrect dates as someone has messed around with the dates etc. Not accurate at all now.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed link/reference to external site.
  • Like 1

My Timeline 

Applied: 11 Jun 2018

Test Email/Test: 27 Mar 2019 / 29 Mar 2019.

Approved: 01 Apr 2019.

Ceremony Email / Date : TBC

Council: Georges River.

But my council is doing the ceremony in July only. I don't know,  I need to wait for the 4 months ? or is there any possibility to get another councils invitation? Thanks in Advance.

Hi all,

Applied Citizenship via conferral 31/8/17

Further info requested - heard nothing since...........

I hit the 20month mark on 1/5/19.

Anyone experience of the complaint process I can go through to get some resolution come next week when I am outside of the processing times?

Do I complain to Immigration first and then go to the Ombudsman if no resolution?

I am drafting a letter to local MP as we speak - ready to send when I hit the 20 month mark.

Feeling frustrated...

Thanks for any advice.

Guest nblee123
7 minutes ago, pugwash said:

Hi all,

Anyone experience of the complaint process I can go through to get some resolution come next week when I am outside of the processing times?

Do I complain to Immigration first and then go to the Ombudsman if no resolution?

I am drafting a letter to local MP as we speak - ready to send when I hit the 20 month mark.

Feeling frustrated...

Thanks for any advice.

Would you mind telling where are you from? As currently Chinese applicants are treated differently with a significant delay.

I would apply a FOI to check the application status first.

7 minutes ago, nblee123 said:

Would you mind telling where are you from? As currently Chinese applicants are treated differently with a significant delay.

I would apply a FOI to check the application status first.

UK applicant.

I am going to ring them first off on 1/5/19 and find out but sometimes people have found helpful phrases or "trigger" words that get them to pull their finger out a bit quicker when used!

24 minutes ago, pugwash said:

Hi all,

Feeling frustrated...

Thanks for any advice.

We applied in June 2017 and only received citizenship in March 2019. I'm sure it won't be long...

All the best!

1 hour ago, Raaj1 said:

Hi guys I have received my ceremony invitation letter. My timeline 
Application lodged online : feb 2018
Got test date in November for January 2019
Approved same day
Ceremony letter recieved 26 april for 18th may.

Congratulations mate. May I know where are you from and which council are you going to attend your ceremony?

On 26/04/2019 at 14:13, pugwash said:

UK applicant.

I am going to ring them first off on 1/5/19 and find out but sometimes people have found helpful phrases or "trigger" words that get them to pull their finger out a bit quicker when used!

lordy 20 months-we are at 16 months now and nothing - not even any extra info needed- we are straight forward uk famiy .......i best be patient !

On 14/02/2019 at 22:30, D3xT said:

Date Applied: 11.Feb.2018

Council: Willoughby NSW 

Email for Test Date: 15.Jan.2019

Date of Test/Interview: 13.Feb.2019

Test/Interview Location: DHO Parramatta NSW

Immi account Status Approval: 13.Feb.2019

Approval Letter: 9.April

Ceremony: 1.May / Willoughby Council (Chatswood)

• Congratulations 2

We moved house around a year ago and updated our immi account accordingly. My husband got his citizenship approval letter to our new address but got invited to attend his citizenship ceremony in our old council area which is a 2.5 hour flight away.  Has this happened to anyone before and is the only way to rectify this to ring immigration? 

TIA

Hi Citizenship Crew

My fiancee and I are both eligible in a few weeks and I'm just getting organised.

My fiancee has been my de facto partner on both my 457 and 186 visas. This may sounds like a real starter question, but is there any way we can submit citizenship applications together, or do we do this independently now via our individual Immi Online accounts?

I notice when reviewing the paper based form we should be listing each other as 'other associated people' as de facto, but other than that is there any option to lodge a joint application?

It's only a minor detail, we're just used to lodging visa apps together!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by millski88