AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, millski88 said:

Hi crew.

Could I ask a question to those who have submitted?

I'm just recapping on the info about documents to make sure i've accounted for everything. How did people supply their certified photo and form 1195 online? I was planning on scanning both front and back of photo and attaching both as a single page within a PDF doc with the form 1195 pages following it, but this advice on the DIBP web page has got me questioning ('do not place them on a piece of paper')

Any advice?

image.thumb.png.7c785960a6a3bc7319b99c580255c087.png

I did as what you said. 

Just scanned both front and back on one piece of paper and submitted. 

Applied: 13-Feb - 2019 

Got a test Invite for 

Test: 24-June-2019.

So I'm guessing doing that is fine. 

• Like 1

Guest nblee123
On 20/05/2019 at 21:18, imthedave said:

However my PR application, which was finalised Feb 2018 is now showing ‘last updated 19th May 2019’

There are no messages and everything else is unchanged, such as grant notice, date grant notice was issued etc. There is no logical reason why a finalised application would have been updated again (without showing any updates) yesterday.

Hi imthedave,

have you checked your PR status on VEVO and what is your PR status on IMMI account now? Still shows 'finalised'?

Hi imthedave,
have you checked your PR status on VEVO and what is your PR status on IMMI account now? Still shows 'finalised'?

Yeah. Everything is unchanged. It’s still finalised as per original date and VEVO check shows everything as normal.

The only thing that’s changed is the date the application was updated but there was nothing to update because it was finalised over a year ago.

Either I’ll ignore it as a glitch or I’ll give them a ring and ask (although don’t want to open a can of worms!)

Guest nblee123
1 minute ago, imthedave said:

Either I’ll ignore it as a glitch or I’ll give them a ring and ask (although don’t want to open a can of worms!)

This is so odd and I never heard anything like this before.

Please keep us updated if you decided to call them, and I'm pretty sure it's just a system glitch.

16 hours ago, nblee123 said:

This is so odd and I never heard anything like this before.

Please keep us updated if you decided to call them, and I'm pretty sure it's just a system glitch.

I nervously phoned immigration to find out if there was any issue and after quite a long wait, they said it must have been a glitch in their online system.

They could see no reason at all why a PR application that had already been finalised 15 months ago would suddenly have a status updated against it. There are no messages and no internal updates. They also said that my current citizenship application would have no requirement for anyone to revisit or review an old PR application so they just said to ignore it.

Very odd but I'm relieved there are no issues! 

• Like 1

Processing times updated today. Partner is currently month 13. Test completed in September and still showing a received.

Slight changes but look at the descent time frame 54 days to 84 months? Do you think that is an error or typo? last month it was 54 days to 4 months?

Makes me wonder how accurate these timelines actually are.

image.png

14 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

the descent time frame 54 days to 84 months? Do you think that is an error or typo? last month it was 54 days to 4 months?

I reckon that's a typo, otherwise, the next generation will get the citizenship🙂

Edited by Mazen

Had my citizenship ceremony yesterday at inner west council (Ashfield). Nicely organised event with brass band mayor etc. liked getting a plant with my certificate. Only anomaly was not getting issued with a citizenship certificate yesterday, only a ceremonial certificate. Something to do with the election and the transitionary arrangements. Will have to wait for citizenship certs to be posted by registered post in the next few days / weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Had my citizenship ceremony yesterday at inner west council (Ashfield). Nicely organised event with brass band mayor etc. liked getting a plant with my certificate. Only anomaly was not getting issued with a citizenship certificate yesterday, only a ceremonial certificate. Something to do with the election and the transitionary arrangements. Will have to wait for citizenship certs to be posted by registered post in the next few days / weeks. 

Congratulations Red Rose. Are you able to apply for a passport using the ceremonial certificate they provided you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abhi1234 said:

Congratulations Red Rose. Are you able to apply for a passport using the ceremonial certificate they provided you?

That’s a good question abhi my gut feeling is “no” as a ceremonial certificate does not have legal status as evidence of citizenship, I think I’ll need to wait to receive the citizenship certificate before I can apply for it. Just another step in the long wait to become a citizen !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

That’s a good question abhi my gut feeling is “no” as a ceremonial certificate does not have legal status as evidence of citizenship, I think I’ll need to wait to receive the citizenship certificate before I can apply for it. Just another step in the long wait to become a citizen !

Okay... thats unfortunate. i have my ceremony in Brisbane today and was planning to apply for passport straightaway as I have overseas travel plans coming up. Didnt anticipate there will be a wait for citizenship certificate as well 😞

1 hour ago, andrew2307 said:

Hey guys 

I applied in the end of Jan 2019 n already received appointment letter for October. Is that too fast? Lol

No it's not too fast. 

I applied Feb 2019, got a test invite for June 2019.

So it's probably becoming a norm now. 

Hopefully approvals are as quick as the invites though. 😔

Edited by Tanwi

On 17/05/2019 at 16:58, Elliot kan said:

Updated timeline below:

Date Applied: 28/05/2018

City/Council Area: Melbourne 

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/05/2018

Date of receiving Citizenship appointment letter: 04/03/2019

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/05/2019

Date of Approval: 17/05/2019

Date of Ceremony: TBA

Happy weekend to all of you! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, andrew2307 said:

Hey guys 

I applied in the end of Jan 2019 n already received appointment letter for October. Is that too fast? Lol

far to fast and totally jealous of this as we sit here at 18 months almost with not even a test date lol....... sitting cursing at my computer screen .... 😫

7 hours ago, Keyur9 said:

Applied - 22/05/19

city - Nowra / Nsw regionals 

Online application 

received  acknowledgement email 22 May 2019 

Is any one time frame if you applied from regional how long it talks ?

I think all cases are individually assessed and timeframe on the website is only for guidance, I can see it varies between one and every case regardless of being in metro or regional.

So disappointing and unfair 😞

Hey guys 

The DoHA asked me to bring all the documents on the test day. However when I uploaded the prove of identity form and photograph - they were NOT signed by anyone from occupation list, instead I just upload a formal explanation of not to have known anyone from the occupation list. Can they still request (during interview/on the test day) to get them signed by someone? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

far to fast and totally jealous of this as we sit here at 18 months almost with not even a test date lol....... sitting cursing at my computer screen .... 😫

I know what would speed your application up and it would have a 100% success rate. 

Write to your minister. 

1 hour ago, andrew2307 said:

Hey guys 

The DoHA asked me to bring all the documents on the test day. However when I uploaded the prove of identity form and photograph - they were NOT signed by anyone from occupation list, instead I just upload a formal explanation of not to have known anyone from the occupation list. Can they still request (during interview/on the test day) to get them signed by someone? 

I would get it signed. Surely there is someone that can vouch for you. They don’t have to be a friend, it could be a doctor for example or an accountant. If they have had dealings with you for a year they should agree to sign. 

Anyone who has done the test. 

It says 2 hours is that time frame accurate and is the test something to be nervous about? 

Sorry if my question is silly, just a super nervous person at times 🙈

Edited by Tanwi

2 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Anyone who has done the test. 

It says 2 hours is that time frame accurate and is the test something to be nervous about? 

Sorry if my question is silly, just a super nervous person at times 🙈

I finished it in about two minutes and I’m not exaggerating, it’s that’s easy, tbh it needs to be scrapped. It serves no purpose, either make it semi challenging or don’t bother having a test at all....