AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

53 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

I was told a further AFP check is required because they only get a maximum of 40 days use from the date it is sent to them. Other checks depend on circumstances (although the person I asked didn’t elaborate)

Thank you at least have some idea what checks need to be done. 

Silly me didn't ask questions after the test. Just up and left, I guess nerves and all. Oh well. I guess we shall just wait and see. 

Does anyone have any experience with filling in a form 1023? I am currently approved as a PR but just found out I was born with a different name and it was changed before I went to school. I would like to inform the immi as soon as possible so I have sent for copies of my birth certificate and deed pole papers with will show the paper trail.

Does anyone know what the chances of my 186 being revoked are? 

4 minutes ago, Rik9 said:

Does anyone have any experience with filling in a form 1023? I am currently approved as a PR but just found out I was born with a different name and it was changed before I went to school. I would like to inform the immi as soon as possible so I have sent for copies of my birth certificate and deed pole papers with will show the paper trail.

Does anyone know what the chances of my 186 being revoked are? 

As you already have PR I would speak to a registered agent before submitting any forms.

You do realise you have posted in a thread about citizenship?

26 minutes ago, gkvithia said:

Fantastic Journey

Application 9th nov 2018
test date 6th June 2019 (rescheduled from oct14)
Approval 6th June 2019
URL = CERMNY
Council Banyule
CEREMONY =??? Hopefully August 2019 or October 2019
Country LR

7 months to get a response, that is great turnover time 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gkvithia said:

Fantastic Journey

Application 9th nov 2018
test date 6th June 2019 (rescheduled from oct14)
Approval 6th June 2019
URL = CERMNY
Council Banyule
CEREMONY =??? Hopefully August 2019 or October 2019
Country LR

Congratulations mate just last step left. 🎉🎊

Finally[emoji2956][emoji2956][emoji2956]

Date Applied: 16/03/2018

City/Council Area: Orange NSW 

Online/Paper: Online

Date of Citizenship Test: 6/02/2019

Date of Approval: 6/06/2019

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

I was expecting a longer wait, 7 months from application to approval is not what i expected. Now the wait for ceremony, my council unfortunately only runs 4 ceremonies a year.

Jan, May, Aug and October. Lets see if i get to be included in AUg or October

• Like 1

Has anyone actually had their application statues changed from Received to Initial Assessment and or Further Assessment. Or are most applications jst from received to approved? 

Edited by Tanwi

I have applied my citizenship on 13/2/18 .

till date today 9/6/19 . From last 16 months i have not here anything . 

I applied along with my 2 kids . Is that the reason of delay ? Some of my friend applied same time with me but a single application , they got their test already .plz share your experience 

2 minutes ago, garry singh said:

I have applied my citizenship on 13/2/18 .

till date today 9/6/19 . From last 16 months i have not here anything . 

I applied along with my 2 kids . Is that the reason of delay ? Some of my friend applied same time with me but a single application , they got their test already .plz share your experience 

On 31/03/2019 at 06:55, Darley Dale said:

Applied 3rd April 2018 - Acknowledged 23rd April 2018

Unable to do online via the system only 18-59 yo able to apply online

ImmiAcct - showing received - Nothing since

British by birth - English spoken - retired - married to Australian citizen - no children

Have counted 9 Applicants who have had interview/test within 12 months of application or just over

Can anyone please advise if:

(a) they have applied via paper

(b) timelines

(c) live in a regional area

(d) country of birth + age 

Many thanks, will be contacting Citizenship next week when 12 months is 3rd April 2019

Any response/s would be gratefully appreciated - thanks

I applied 3/2/18 

not reply yet till 9/6/19 

applied with my 2 kids 

regional area , 

share your experience 

8 hours ago, garry singh said:

I applied 3/2/18 

applied with my 2 kids 

regional area , 

share your experience 

Applied 3rd April 2018 - Acknowledged 23rd April 2018

Unable to do online via the system only 18-59 yo able to apply online - I am 60+ years

ImmiAcct - showing received - Nothing since

British by birth - English spoken - retired - married to Australian citizen - no children

It is now 14 months since paper application, heard nothing since

Recently changed address - same suburb - advised via ImmiAccount receive acknowledgement of change

Nothing more since.... will be making enquires via local MP because the processing timelines state 75% processed in 14 months.... have seen literally many many applications well after mine - having test, approved, ceremony and even passport application...

Maybe a phone call to DoHA would assist you

Hi guys I am New to the forum, my timeline is as follow

Application done  11 may 2018

Test date 7th May 2019(Passed 100%)

The case officer told me that my application needs further police verification. Can some one tell me how long will it take for the verification.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, Jomer said:

Hi guys I am New to the forum, my timeline is as follow

Application done  11 may 2018

Test date 7th May 2019(Passed 100%)

The case officer told me that my application needs further police verification. Can some one tell me how long will it take for the verification.

Thanks

You are very lucky, I applied April 2018 nothing since.... which country are you from please, would depend on further police verification.... and what age grouping are you, as sometimes that bears situations.... like myself being over 60+ years.

Hi, Any idea how to change the date of citizenship test date? I have tried to do it online but I dont see any slots in coming months. I see the latest available is in Nov'19. 

Application Date: 20th Nov'18

Test Invite: Has come on 6th June . (Test is on 15th Oct)

Place: Melbourne CBD

Let me know if any other alternatives are present to prepone the test date?

Hi, Any idea how to change the date of citizenship test date? I have tried to do it online but I dont see any slots in coming months. I see the latest available is in Nov'19. 

I think they only become available if other people have themselves changed their appointment, it is therefore pot luck when you go in and try and change it.
Keep trying!

21 minutes ago, Maryan said:

Just check everyday sometimes twice a day slots come up randomly (when someone drops their slot). 

I got invite early May for August. Moved that 4 times till I got a slot in Late May and did the  test. (

just kept checking any chance I got) 

15 hours ago, garry singh said:

I applied 3/2/18 

applied with my 2 kids 

regional area , 

share your experience 

we applied January 2018 and nothing either still

just says received

Brisbane city

2 kids ( aged 11 and 13 ) on my application  linked with husbands application - straight forward UK applicants ..... we did paper  application but have since uploaded  everything but the kitchen sink and still nothing whatsoever.........

I thought i was the only one so glad ( in the worng sense lol ) that its not just me 

its crap x

Ohh you applied 1 month before me .

some one told me it may take more time if u applied with kids . 

But dont know what is happening . My kids   Indian passport are expiring in november 2019', need to pay lot of money to reapply passport . Hoping we get this citizenship before november 2019 . 

Best of lick to you mate . Plz keep update here about your application progress 

regards garry

7 hours ago, garry singh said:

Ohh you applied 1 month before me .

some one told me it may take more time if u applied with kids . 

But dont know what is happening . My kids   Indian passport are expiring in november 2019', need to pay lot of money to reapply passport . Hoping we get this citizenship before november 2019 . 

Best of lick to you mate . Plz keep update here about your application progress 

regards garry

Morning Garry...…. I do not know why the delay as the application is only for myself, my wife is an Australian.

Paper application as I am over 60+ years, no dependants, English born and bred.

Going to see local MP as many others applied after me and already have citizenship, no rhyme nor reason for delay.

Suggest contacting local MP.... which state are you in and under which local Council?

All the best Richard 

14 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

we applied January 2018 and nothing either still

just says received

Brisbane city

2 kids ( aged 11 and 13 ) on my application  linked with husbands application - straight forward UK applicants  we did paper  application but have since uploaded  everything but the kitchen sink and still nothing whatsoever.

I thought i was the only one so glad ( in the wrong sense lol ) that its not just me 

Try contacting your local MP.... which state and council are you in...?

Richard