AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Australian Citizenship application type 75% of applications processed in 90% of applications processed in
Conferral - lodgement to decision* 16 months 20 months
Conferral - approval to ceremony** 4 months 6 months
Conferral - lodgement to ceremony** 20 months 23 months
Descent (lodgement to decision)  54 days 4 months
Evidence (lodgement to decision) 5 days 12 days

3 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

er sadly not  - we are waiting now almost 18 months to hear anything from brisbane city  - all very random it seems ! simple family of 4 from UK lol....x

No rhyme or reason for the difference in processing times, I applied in July 18 and haven't been given a test date, yet a friend who applied in September 18 has received his. It's a long waiting game. 

Just sharing my timeline so far:

Applied :13 Feb 2019

Asked for further doc and supplied: 08 May 2019

Test Invite: 13 May 2019

Test shedualed for: 09 Aug 2019.

Excited for the test even though its 3 months away. 

3 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

er sadly not  - we are waiting now almost 18 months to hear anything from brisbane city  - all very random it seems ! simple family of 4 from UK lol....x

Wow! Yes very random indeed. 

37 minutes ago, Tanwi said:

Just sharing my timeline so far:

Applied :13 Feb 2019

Asked for further doc and supplied: 08 May 2019

Test Invite: 13 May 2019

Test shedualed for: 09 Aug 2019.

Excited for the test even though its 3 months away. 

Look in your Email and you should see a reschedule option. Keep checking in there daily. Mine was originally set for July 26th. I rescheduled mine for June 11. 

Just got to keep checking. Good luck

Please help with on my FOI received last week ..I don’t know what that mean.i did copy and paste exactly same here

Integrity outcome-clear approved 
MAL-check- yes green 15-6-2018

CCPT Assessment 14/10/2018 – IS CLEARED 04/07/2018 – LOW 3 CCPT Assessment 14/10/2018 – IS CLEARED 04/07/2018 – LOW 3
Index match -----
1 NUMB.Alias FLAG YES
2 Name Change Threshold FLAG YES 5 CCMDS FLAG YES
Assessment/Concerns ----------
1 Client has no given name, sighted docs. No concerns. 
2 No given name, sighted docs. No concerns.

Action -------
s. 47E(d)
Note type: Recorded by:
s. 47C(1) s. 47C(1)
Event: Note –

Note details:
CCPT Assessment 14/10/2018 – IS NOT CLEAR – LOW 2 CCPT Assessment 14/10/2018 – IS NOT CLEAR – LOW 2
Index match -----
1.2 NUMB.Country FLAG YES
s. 47E(d)
Assessment/Concerns ----------
1.2 Client is Indian citizen, born onshore, sighted docs. No concerns. 20 Client is child. No concerns.
Action -------
Standard processing.
s. 47E(d)

4 hours ago, Tecnik said:

Look in your Email and you should see a reschedule option. Keep checking in there daily. Mine was originally set for July 26th. I rescheduled mine for June 11. 

Just got to keep checking. Good luck

Thank you, yes I did and reassigned to the 24 of June. Will try again within the week if possible to reschedule again. If not that date is fine with me. 

On 13/05/2019 at 08:04, shiveringpom said:

Same here. Applied August '18 and not heard a thing. The only way I know I'm in the system is when I go into my IMMI account. I haven't even had a confirmation email of my application. To be honest it's taking so long I even forget I've applied!!! Appears to be just a money making scheme when you have to apply for an RRV to ensure you still have travel rights whilst waiting. Simple individual of 1 from the UK with a 4th generation aussie partner (and she got her UK citizenship with 4 months of applying) lol.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simonrbh said:

Same here. Applied August '18 and not heard a thing. The only way I know I'm in the system is when I go into my IMMI account. I haven't even had a confirmation email of my application. To be honest it's taking so long I even forget I've applied!!! Appears to be just a money making scheme when you have to apply for an RRV to ensure you still have travel rights whilst waiting. Simple individual of 1 from the UK with a 4th generation aussie partner (and she got her UK citizenship with 4 months of applying) lol.............

I rang them this week and they just said ‘all in order’ and just to wait .... they said send email if still not sat test by 20months and I found the complaints page for citizenships going over 24 months ....... can’t believe  we are hitting 18 months and not a peep and the phone kids are hopeless as just can’t say anything about your application ...... will have to start a thread for the lost citizenship pile if we hit 20months ..... still got to get test date / sit test / wait for ceremony / get passport before all finished so I think we may easily go all way to 2 years at this rate 😂 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

I rang them this week and they just said ‘all in order’ and just to wait .... they said send email if still not sat test by 20months and I found the complaints page for citizenships going over 24 months ....... can’t believe  we are hitting 18 months and not a peep and the phone kids are hopeless as just can’t say anything about your application ...... will have to start a thread for the lost citizenship pile if we hit 20months ..... still got to get test date / sit test / wait for ceremony / get passport before all finished so I think we may easily go all way to 2 years at this rate 😂 

Reading this makes me upset. 18 months and nothing. I hope they haven't lost your file and things pick up at lighting speed very soon. Two years wait just sounds awful. Hoepfully it doesn't come to that😔

Edited by Tanwi

8 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Reading this makes me upset. 18 months and nothing. I hope they haven't lost your file and things pick up at lighting speed very soon. Two years wait just sounds awful. Hoepfully it doesn't come to that😔

i get cross as no reason why and the phone crew just say wait and they cant comment on cases blah blah....we get stopped everytime we fly out or in  by check in crew aswell and they tell us passports and names and visas dont match...stopped going to hong kong  few weeks ago again  ... they had to ring immigration again  whilst we held up baggage check in again -  i fly with a whole file of documents which is ridiculous- birth certs/visa/rrv/marriage certs/old passports - when we came back in a week later i asked the proper chaps at passport control if there was an issue as we keep getting stopped at check ins   and they said no problems ?????? honestly we are  over it all now as they have every document i hold for myself and family....

If we had some complex situation i would understand ........ my husband flies to uk to see his sick dad next week for 2 weeks and iam preparing his file of documents as just know there will be an issue at check in again ..... we have 5 yr RRV in place so we know this is a first world problem but just a tad fed up now ....

we hit 18 months on 3rd June ..... xx

50 minutes ago, shiveringpom said:

i get cross as no reason why and the phone crew just say wait and they cant comment on cases blah blah....we get stopped everytime we fly out or in  by check in crew aswell and they tell us passports and names and visas dont match...stopped going to hong kong  few weeks ago again  ... they had to ring immigration again  whilst we held up baggage check in again -  i fly with a whole file of documents which is ridiculous- birth certs/visa/rrv/marriage certs/old passports - when we came back in a week later i asked the proper chaps at passport control if there was an issue as we keep getting stopped at check ins   and they said no problems ?????? honestly we are  over it all now as they have every document i hold for myself and family....

If we had some complex situation i would understand ........ my husband flies to uk to see his sick dad next week for 2 weeks and iam preparing his file of documents as just know there will be an issue at check in again ..... we have 5 yr RRV in place so we know this is a first world problem but just a tad fed up now ....

we hit 18 months on 3rd June ..... xx

Wow that's surreal. Same here just for incase I too always travel with printed out PR visa grant notices for myself and son and all this miscellaneous documents. 🤷🏾‍♀️

I do sincerely hope things pick up for you and your family soon. The wait is just tiresome and all this paper work business is ridicules. 

Edited by Tanwi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tanwi said:

Wow that's surreal. Same here just for incase I too always travel with printed out PR visa grant notices for myself and son and all this miscellaneous documents. 🤷🏾‍♀️

I do sincerely hope things pick up for you and your family soon. The wait is just tiresome and all this paper work business is ridicules. 

thanks! will start a special  whinge group for the 20 month  wait groupies soon i think !  You can see why i get frustrated when people who then want to leave / dont live here properly/ get it faster than us for no reason  lol....... i watch this forum to pick up tips on what to do next but i think i have exhausted all avenues for now lol x

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

thanks! will start a special  whinge group for the 20 month  wait groupies soon i think !  You can see why i get frustrated when people who then want to leave / dont live here properly/ get it faster than us for no reason  lol....... i watch this forum to pick up tips on what to do next but i think i have exhausted all avenues for now lol x

I've PM'd you shiveringpom

Updated timeline below:

Date Applied: 28/05/2018

City/Council Area: Melbourne 

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/05/2018

Date of receiving Citizenship appointment letter: 04/03/2019

Date of Citizenship Test: 17/05/2019

Date of Approval: 17/05/2019

Date of Ceremony: TBA

Happy weekend to all of you! 

• Congratulations 3

On 16/05/2019 at 13:28, jazzi87 said:

Its finally  approved

Lodged     25/10/2017

Test           6/10/2018

Approved   16/05/2019

CEREMONY   waiting

Online/perth/wanneroo council/india 

Hi did you get approved letter in email and immi account 

On 26/02/2016 at 10:16, Guest said:

Hi everyone,

Citizenship applied on 21st December. Its been more than 2 months haven't heard anything from immigration yet. Melbourne office.

Anyone else going through same timeline? ?

Thanks

It takes its own time. It may depend upon your application how much the office bearers are busy with the immigration system. If it is a peak immigration season you can surely expect a delay, if not hope you get it timely. 

On 17/05/2019 at 22:51, Sheral Singh said:

If it is a peak immigration season you can surely expect a delay, if not hope you get it timely. 

What's immigration season? it never stops and it's all the year around. 

• Like 2

Can anyone advise on a weird thing with my immi account please.

I got my PR granted Feb 2018.

We submitted our citizenship applications at the earlier opportunity when we were eligible, March 2019.

I just checked my immi account status and it still shows the citizenship applications as ‘submitted and last updated’ date of application.

However my PR application, which was finalised Feb 2018 is now showing ‘last updated 19th May 2019’

There are no messages and everything else is unchanged, such as grant notice, date grant notice was issued etc. There is no logical reason why a finalised application would have been updated again (without showing any updates) yesterday.

Only thing that happened in last few days is I went overseas on 18th and will be back tomorrow however I’ve been overseas for a short trip before and nothing has changed on my immi account, especially with my PR application.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

On 09/05/2019 at 18:34, Rebbecca said:

Date Applied: 04/05/2018

Council: Sunshine Coast 

Email for Test Date: 17/04/2019

Date of Test/Interview: 08/05/2019

Test/Interview Location: Centrelink Kawana, SC

Immi account Status Approval: waiting

Approval Letter: waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

hi guys! 

Here is my timeline and I’m just wondering what are other Sunshine Coast timelines like? Because we do the test at Centrelink with the department of human services, they collect the info and test you and then send it to home affairs.

my question is, because we do the test at Centrelink does it mean we get a slower approval than others who get tested at an immigration office? Can other Sunshine Coast residents share their timelines for me please? 

Thank you

Sunshine coast is so slow! I applied 5/1/2018. test on 9/1/2019 still waiting for approval and I know people on the coast that applied end of 2017 and still no approvals....

2 hours ago, Djo said:

Sunshine coast is so slow! I applied 5/1/2018. test on 9/1/2019 still waiting for approval and I know people on the coast that applied end of 2017 and still no approvals....

Maybe now the general election's out of the way Dutton will get on with his job without worrying that the people he approves will vote Labor at the general election!

Hi crew.

Could I ask a question to those who have submitted?

I'm just recapping on the info about documents to make sure i've accounted for everything. How did people supply their certified photo and form 1195 online? I was planning on scanning both front and back of photo and attaching both as a single page within a PDF doc with the form 1195 pages following it, but this advice on the DIBP web page has got me questioning ('do not place them on a piece of paper')

Any advice?

image.thumb.png.7c785960a6a3bc7319b99c580255c087.png