AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Guest nblee123

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding FOI and hope anyone could advise here.

I applied my first FOI in Jan 2019 and received the result on 23/01/2019. I tried to apply another follow up FOI in Feb 2019 but the department refused. So my question is, how often you can apply a FOI request to to be processed? Every 2 months.

BTW my timeline is below:

Applied online Oct 2017 in Sydney
No test invite yet
I'm from mainland China

3 hours ago, nblee123 said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding FOI and hope anyone could advise here.

I applied my first FOI in Jan 2019 and received the result on 23/01/2019. I tried to apply another follow up FOI in Feb 2019 but the department refused. So my question is, how often you can apply a FOI request to to be processed? Every 2 months.

BTW my timeline is below:

Applied online Oct 2017 in Sydney
No test invite yet
I'm from mainland China

What is the full meaning of FOI?

Edited by jazzi87
  • Thanks 1

Application online : 28 May 2018
Acknowledgement by email : 28 May 2018
Citizenship Appointment Letter Received : 26 March 2019
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 13 May 2019 (rescheduled from 08 May 2019)

Country of Origin: European Union (Hungary)

• Congratulations 1

5 hours ago, HoriFTC said:

Application online : 28 May 2018
Acknowledgement by email : 28 May 2018
Citizenship Appointment Letter Received : 26 March 2019
Citizenship Interview & Test Date : 13 May 2019 (rescheduled from 08 May 2019)

Country of Origin: European Union (Hungary)

I applied on the same day. My test is scheduled on 17th May. Wish you all the best !

Applied 3rd April 2018 - Acknowledged 23rd April 2018

Unable to do online via the system only 18-59 yo able to apply online

ImmiAcct - showing received - Nothing since

British by birth - English spoken - retired - married to Australian citizen - no children

Have counted 9 Applicants who have had interview/test within 12 months of application or just over

Can anyone please advise if:

(a) they have applied via paper

(b) timelines

(c) live in a regional area

(d) country of birth + age 

Many thanks, will be contacting Citizenship next week when 12 months is 3rd April 2019

Any response/s would be gratefully appreciated - thanks

Hi guys,

I am looking to apply for citizenship in a bit and have some questions. Please help me with the below: 

1. I want to understand what documents I would need to keep prepared early so I can proceed to apply.  Is there any document that is required for the application which takes some time to obtain and therefore I should apply for such document earlier ? 

2. Do you have specific tips from your experience that would benefit others in terms of preparing the application and documents ?

3. Is there something that is not obvious or described in the official requirements, but you found to be required or useful to know. 

Thank you

Hi all,

I have some questions about the PCC required for citizenship application. I require 3 PCC from what I understand-USA, India and the Australian one.

1. Could you please tell me if you know how long it takes to get the PCC from USA and India from Aus ? 

2. Do I need to also take from AFP or do I only need to take from USA and Ind ? 

3. Could I apply for PCC from USA (FBI clearance) twice in one year ?

4. Do I need both state (NJ) and FBI clearance for USA.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

Hi all,

I have some questions about the PCC required for citizenship application. I require 3 PCC from what I understand-USA, India and the Australian one.

1. Could you please tell me if you know how long it takes to get the PCC from USA and India from Aus ? 

2. Do I need to also take from AFP or do I only need to take from USA and Ind ? 

3. Could I apply for PCC from USA (FBI clearance) twice in one year ?

4. Do I need both state (NJ) and FBI clearance for USA.

Thank you

You only need the FBI ones. Not the State. And you can apply as frequent as you can but it would be costly.

• Like 1

Thank you Yeyebenol ! 

Do you know if these are the correct links to apply for the FBI check required for the citizenship application ? 

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks & https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Do you know if there any requirement that I need to apply for the electronic or only for mail to get the check completed ? 

Also, I checked in the FBI website (linked above) - and it says the cost is $18 (screenshot below).. Not sure if I am looking at the correct link or missing the cost of any component. Could you please tell me if you know approx what the cost of this check is ? 

image.thumb.png.c9e0cf33b0f797160b6a7e4dec5758d3.png

Thank you 

Edited by Sigemup
Additional question and information added

paper application 2/1/18 brisbane city ,  family of 4 in our 40s with 2 kids - British -     no issues 

ackowledgement 3/1/18  by email 

nothing at 15 months

have also uploaded everything to immi account since and nothing and rang them and nothing .... we wait and check everything daily lol...... x

Hi guys, I have a quick question after I lodge my application I changed my address and now my application is approved,  now for the ceremony will happen in the previous council (at the time of lodgement) or my current address council? Thanks In Advance Guys.

4 hours ago, sheravanan said:

Hi guys, I have a quick question after I lodge my application I changed my address and now my application is approved,  now for the ceremony will happen in the previous council (at the time of lodgement) or my current address council? Thanks In Advance Guys.

If you notified them of change of address it will be your new council who will contact you about a ceremony. This happened to my son and he attended a ceremony in his new council area. 

On 27/03/2019 at 20:12, fossda said:

Timeline for anyone interested 

Application November 2018

Test today (27/03/19) 100% 😃🇦🇺

Ceremony (they said 3-6 months)

I live in Qld yet test done in NSW 

4 of us there together today taking test - Me (UK) and another man applied Nov 18, another lady applied Jan 19 and another man applied Dec 17

Wow that's really quick compared to most. I wonder why it's so different in some places. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have some questions about my the birth certificate for the citizenship application. (born 85 - India):

1. Since my full name is very long, my birth certificate has initials only for the surname part. Is this ok or should it be full name. 

2. I did not have my original birth certificate. Hence a few years ago, got a birth certificate from the department issued. Is this ok that I did not have the birth certificate from the beginning and only obtained it recently ? 

All my earlier documents including the 10th grade Marks card has my name in initialized form and only after I applied for passport it was expanded and for that and in subsequent documents. Is that ok ? Do I need to follow any process for this ?

16 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi guys,

I have some questions about my the birth certificate for the citizenship application. (born 85 - India):

1. Since my full name is very long, my birth certificate has initials only for the surname part. Is this ok or should it be full name. 

2. I did not have my original birth certificate. Hence a few years ago, got a birth certificate from the department issued. Is this ok that I did not have the birth certificate from the beginning and only obtained it recently ? 

All my earlier documents including the 10th grade Marks card has my name in initialized form and only after I applied for passport it was expanded and for that and in subsequent documents. Is that ok ? Do I need to follow any process for this ?

My name on my birth certificate is on initials as well. My name is not long so I am not sure why it was made that way but I was able to get my PR, Aus citizen interview and exam just fine.

4 hours ago, Yeyebonel said:

My name on my birth certificate is on initials as well. My name is not long so I am not sure why it was made that way but I was able to get my PR, Aus citizen interview and exam just fine.

Hi Yeyeboel,

Does the name on your passport match with the name on all other documents such as your birth certificate etc ? 

Because my concern is not that the name is initialized - it is that the birth certificate has initials but the passport it is expanded. 

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Yeyeboel,

Does the name on your passport match with the name on all other documents such as your birth certificate etc ? 

Because my concern is not that the name is initialized - it is that the birth certificate has initials but the passport it is expanded. 

My passport has my fullname. Not initialled.

• Like 1

My application is Approved 2 weeks before, when we apply we linked our application. But wife application waiting for the additional documents, after that only she can take test then her approval, ceremony,  If my wife application takes 6 or 8 months to get ceremony, till that time my application will also be waiting for the ceremony?