2 hours ago, emmajane0429 said:

Congratulations, so do they sometimes grant the 100 visa straight away? I thought you were given the 309 and then given the 100 after 2 years? 

I think it all depends on your circumstances. My wife's was issued at the same time as well. I think it may be more partner visa as in people not married and been together a couple of years or less(though please correct me if I am wrong), Then if you have been married, own a home together have children etc ...

Edited by Nicko

On 11/09/2021 at 21:36, Nicko said:

I think it all depends on your circumstances. My wife's was issued at the same time as well. I think it may be more partner visa as in people not married and been together a couple of years or less(though please correct me if I am wrong), Then if you have been married, own a home together have children etc ...

My wife recently granted 309 but we were told initially that would get 100 automatically - something to do with being married for a long time and having kids - would it be granted once she enters the country and activates the visa ? Or would we have expected to be granted it straight away/ Thanks

14 minutes ago, talktosi said:

My wife recently granted 309 but we were told initially that would get 100 automatically - something to do with being married for a long time and having kids - would it be granted once she enters the country and activates the visa ? Or would we have expected to be granted it straight away/ Thanks

It should be a 100 straight away if you have been married/de facto for 3 years, or 2 years if you have kids.

If it hasn't been granted straight away, email them (or your agent) and ask why. Sometimes it gets overlooked.

It won't be granted on entering the country.

• Like 1

Looking at the 309 forms as I'm sponsoring my UK wife for a 309/100 visa. Given my mum has a new partner who she only met when I was an adult, do I need to put him down as a step-parent? He doesn't refer to himself as "dad" or anything. Just wondering if anyone else had come across this

Guys,

Just been granted my 309/100 partner visa both together today. very exciting times ahead. just thought i would share my time line.

March 2021 engaged with migration agent

6th July lodged my visa

22nd September visa granted

Massive thank you to @paulhand from https://www.suncoastmigration.com/ first class service from start to finish and would highly recommend if anyone is looking for a agent

Waldo

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Haven't ever posted on here but have been anxiously reading people's posts to check timelines so thought I would add ours for anyone else doing the same. I'm an Aussie/Brit and my partner is British. De facto since Dec 2019 (together since Dec 2018). We didn't apply through an agency.

• Applied for 309 partner visa July 23rd (2021)(uploaded all attachments on the same day).
  • Medical complete 13th August.
  • Request for information received on Sept 8th (requested UK police check for my partner and information on how I got my British Citizenship).
  • Police check and additional info uploaded 23rd Sept.
  • 309 Visa granted 18th October.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting to hear back.

• Congratulations 1

It's fantastic to see such a short turnaround after what looked like a big gap in any news! 

I submitted my stage 2 (100) application on the 10th July, hopefully we hear something back soon but very aware it could be another 12 months! - any indications of timelines for SC100 at the moment? 

I'm interested to see whether the stage 2 application will be reviewed in London just like the 309 was...

Edited by sbrowne9

23 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

It's fantastic to see such a short turnaround after what looked like a big gap in any news! 

I submitted my stage 2 (100) application on the 10th July, hopefully we hear something back soon but very aware it could be another 12 months! - any indications of timelines for SC100 at the moment? 

I'm interested to see whether the stage 2 application will be reviewed in London just like the 309 was...

Hello @sbrowne9,

We are going to start our 100 process in December. 

What was involved ? Did you get an email? Have to supply additional documents? We’re there more forms to fill out?

Regards, 

Edited by psuwara

Good morning all,

it’s been a while since my last post but I wanted to inform that I received my 100 visa! I hope my timeline below helps others.

Timeline:

309/100 Lodged on 26/10/2018 (Front Loaded except Medicals)

RFI (Medicals) 01/04/2019 

Medicals completed and uploaded 10/04/2019

RFI (Medicals) 06/06/2019

Medicals completed and uploaded 18/06/2019 

309 granted 04/09/2019

moved to Australian 10/09/2019

Applied for 100 visa 24/01/2021

100 visa granted 21/10/2021

Good luck, I hope your wait isn’t too long! 

On 26/10/2021 at 11:04, AK2910 said:

Good morning all,

it’s been a while since my last post but I wanted to inform that I received my 100 visa! I hope my timeline below helps others.

Timeline:

309/100 Lodged on 26/10/2018 (Front Loaded except Medicals)

RFI (Medicals) 01/04/2019 

Medicals completed and uploaded 10/04/2019

RFI (Medicals) 06/06/2019

Medicals completed and uploaded 18/06/2019 

309 granted 04/09/2019

moved to Australian 10/09/2019

Applied for 100 visa 24/01/2021

100 visa granted 21/10/2021

Good luck, I hope your wait isn’t too long! 

Congratulations @AK2910!

How did the 100 visa process start? Did they contact you about it?

Did you have to supply any new documentation? Or was it mostly just evidence?

Regards,

On 26/10/2021 at 08:21, psuwara said:

Hello @sbrowne9,

We are going to start our 100 process in December. 

What was involved ? Did you get an email? Have to supply additional documents? We’re there more forms to fill out?

Regards, 

Hey there @psuwara!

Ah fantastic, it won't be long before we hit Dec, and hopefully it's a speedy application for you & and your significant other!! 

So, with the subclass 100, you will need to submit another application through your immi account, I think it was called a 'Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100, 801)' where you will have to basically submit another whole application including forms, paperwork and evidence (including those form 888s). Generally immi might send you an email a month before the 2 year date just to remind you, but its up to you when to apply.

Once that is submitted, you can upload all your documentation, this site has a good list of suggested docs, but every case is different so don't treat it as overly prescriptive!! One thing to watch for - a mistake I made - I went to upload all of my documentation immediately after the application was submitted, but the only document type there was 'other', but when I logged out and back in the next day (and every day since then 😉 ) the other categories for documents appeared such as 'proof of identification etc etc. Apparently its a known issue with the immi system, so just log out/back in and give it some time for the categories to appear....my case officer will hate me as I panicked and reuploaded the documents in the correct areas....

The immi website is also a very strong resource for the process too - check it out here

Hopefully that helps, and you get a speedy decision!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Finally after a 46 Month wait I can finally say we got our 309/100 today and I cannot say enough how over the moon we are after a very very long wait 
Been together 6 years and have 2 children 
Applicant 🇬🇧 
Sponsor 🇦🇺 
Processing office London 

Time line 

•Applied 309/100 March 2018 
•Refused April 2018 due to a technical glitch the embassy received no supporting evidence so refused us
•Applied for appeal June 2018 
•Finally heard from appeals tribunal August 2021
•Appeal won end Sept 2021
•RFI for medical and police checks Oct 2021
• medical and police checks all uploaded 2nd Nov 2021 
•Granted 309/100 1st December 2021
 Will be arriving in Australia 4 years to the day we applied next year. 
So happy to be starting the new chapter in our lives — with Missy Rose.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2021 at 07:44, Ben34uk said:

Finally after a 46 Month wait I can finally say we got our 309/100 today and I cannot say enough how over the moon we are after a very very long wait 
Been together 6 years and have 2 children 
Applicant 🇬🇧 
Sponsor 🇦🇺 
Processing office London 

Time line 

•Applied 309/100 March 2018 
•Refused April 2018 due to a technical glitch the embassy received no supporting evidence so refused us
•Applied for appeal June 2018 
•Finally heard from appeals tribunal August 2021
•Appeal won end Sept 2021
•RFI for medical and police checks Oct 2021
• medical and police checks all uploaded 2nd Nov 2021 
•Granted 309/100 1st December 2021
 Will be arriving in Australia 4 years to the day we applied next year. 
So happy to be starting the new chapter in our lives — with Missy Rose.

Congratulations @Ben34uk.

Have been waiting to see this post from you for a very long time and im absolutely delighted for you that the new chapter for your family can finally begin!!

• 2 weeks later...

Received my 801 today, technically 25 months after applying for an 820 onshore.

Here's the timeline in case it is useful:

-Came to Australia with tourist visa around August 2019 (Greek citizenship in case that matters)
-Applied for Partner visa 820 on November 2019 as my tourist visa was expiring with the help of an agent(Which wasnt great)
-Received a Bridging visa A at that point
-Received a RFI around May 2021 which required another medical check and more evidence of our relationship
-Granted 820 around July 2021
-Applied for the 801 by myself(Without agent assistance) December 1st 2021, could have applied 1 month earlier but some documents were taking a while.
-Received 801 Grant on December 24th 2021

I am actually quite surprised at the speed in which the 801 was granted but I assume we might be considered a special case??

Since my partner has disabilities, so I stay at home to help him, and he completely supports me financially I assume it is quite hard to imagine the relationship is not genuine, especially after we both make statutory declarations that are 4-8 pages long at each step explaining around current situation and way of life indepth, since due to the nature of his disabilities he depends a lot on me, and technically I depend on him financially so that should have been enough to satisfy the case officers.

Edited by Questionsearch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 18/01/2022 at 18:16, JMcKie said:

Hi All,

I'll be applying for the 100 visa around April/May, it's good to see the relatively quick timelines people are receiving lately (fingers crossed I'll be in the same boat).

Exactly the same boat as you. Just submitted our application for the 100. Two years after the 309, we had a baby here in Aus and also bought a house. Fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, psuwara said:

Exactly the same boat as you. Just submitted our application for the 100. Two years after the 309, we had a baby here in Aus and also bought a house. Fingers crossed.

I'm just getting everything in order before applying hopefully not too long before approval!

On 02/05/2022 at 08:03, psuwara said:

I just noticed that our timelines are almost identical. Lol. Even the same office.

Out of interest how long did it take for your AUS police certificate to arrive in the post? I've been waiting 6 business days for it to arrive and it still hasn't.