4 hours ago, psuwara said:

Did it come through?

Yeah it arrived yesterday. Everything is now ready for lodgement, my agent advised waiting until I hit the 2 year date even though the invitation email came through for submitting information.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JMcKie said:

Yeah it arrived yesterday. Everything is now ready for lodgement, my agent advised waiting until I hit the 2 year date even though the invitation email came through for submitting information.

Good stuff. We did the upload a few weeks before the date. Then realised we had one error in the application, had to upload a 1023 form, also discovered more Stat Decs that help with the application that defined on the IMMI site. Something that's not immediately clear.

Generally uploading new documents as the weeks go on. Making sure the evidence stacks up. 

We didn't need to do this for the 309, but on the 100 they say the sponsor should fill this out. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

3 hours ago, psuwara said:

Good stuff. We did the upload a few weeks before the date. Then realised we had one error in the application, had to upload a 1023 form, also discovered more Stat Decs that help with the application that defined on the IMMI site. Something that's not immediately clear.

Generally uploading new documents as the weeks go on. Making sure the evidence stacks up. 

We didn't need to do this for the 309, but on the 100 they say the sponsor should fill this out. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

We've just done a joint statement for an update on the relationship and both signed it.

• 1 month later...

Would appreciate some opinions on the 309 partner visa application for my wife. She is the applicant. I am the sponsor.

I am an Australian citizen by birth; British citizen by naturalization since 2013

Married to British citizen wife since 2007

Met in China

Have been living in London since 2010

Both of us in London at time of visa application

Two children, born 2010 and 2013

Own house in London together

Whole family plans to move to Sydney

2022-03-30 Application submitted; did not include any attachments but filled in the information sections of the application form outlining the nature of the relationship.

2022-05-10 First RFI; submitted statements of joint mortgage, marriage certificate, photos from multiple holidays together, UK police clearance certificate for wife (applicant). First RFI was signed by `Andrew`

2022-06-14 Second RFI; signed by `Anna`. Different person to first RFI

It is the second RFI which prompted this post. They have asked for a lot of stuff, much of which, IMO, I have already answered in the initial application or the first RFI.

Things they have asked for are:

UK and AU police check for me (sponsor) – I do not have a criminal record, but why ask? I am an Australian citizen, so they cannot keep me out.

Evidence of social nature of relationship

Relationship history statement; what they have asked for is inconsistent. In the main letter they say this must be a statutory declaration. In the detail section they can it can be a signed statement or a statutory declaration.

Evidence of relationship for period March 2020 to March 2022 (the two year period prior to date of application. I included mortgage statements in joint names in the first RFI.

Form 888 statutory declaration from a supporting witness.

Birth certificates of both children. They are both AU citizens by descent and so are not included in the partner visa application.

They have also asked for the medical, but I was expecting that.

---

Why have they asked for all this?

Additional question is where is this application being processed? I have seen references to London or Berlin on this thread, but I can`t see anything on the letter. The application was submitted on the online portal.

8 minutes ago, warmlightbulb said:

Would appreciate some opinions on the 309 partner visa application for my wife. She is the applicant. I am the sponsor.

I am an Australian citizen by birth; British citizen by naturalization since 2013

Married to British citizen wife since 2007

Met in China

Have been living in London since 2010

Both of us in London at time of visa application

Two children, born 2010 and 2013

Own house in London together

Whole family plans to move to Sydney

2022-03-30 Application submitted; did not include any attachments but filled in the information sections of the application form outlining the nature of the relationship.

2022-05-10 First RFI; submitted statements of joint mortgage, marriage certificate, photos from multiple holidays together, UK police clearance certificate for wife (applicant). First RFI was signed by `Andrew`

2022-06-14 Second RFI; signed by `Anna`. Different person to first RFI

It is the second RFI which prompted this post. They have asked for a lot of stuff, much of which, IMO, I have already answered in the initial application or the first RFI.

Things they have asked for are:

UK and AU police check for me (sponsor) – I do not have a criminal record, but why ask? I am an Australian citizen, so they cannot keep me out.

Relationship history statement; what they have asked for is inconsistent. In the main letter they say this must be a statutory declaration. In the detail section they can it can be a signed statement or a statutory declaration.

Evidence of relationship for period March 2020 to March 2022 (the two year period prior to date of application. I included mortgage statements in joint names in the first RFI.

Form 888 statutory declaration from a supporting witness.

Birth certificates of both children. They are both AU citizens by descent and so are not included in the partner visa application.

They have also asked for the medical, but I was expecting that.

---

Additional question is where is this application being processed? I have seen references to London or Berlin on this thread, but I can`t see anything on the letter. The application was submitted on the online portal.

They ask for all this because they want to confirm you are in a real relationship, and that what you have told them is the truth. 

The Australian Police check is because you as a sponsor need to have a clean record to be a sponsor.

You need to supply everything possible to confirm you are in fact in a real continuing relationship.

Also, because you have been together for so long, they will collect all of your evidence and provide you with a 309/100 permanent residency together.

Processing office is usually part of where your RFI is signed by your case manager.

Given you are in London, it's most likely going to be UK.

52 minutes ago, warmlightbulb said:

In the sponsorship application you agreed to this:

"The Australian Government is committed to reducing violence in the Australian community, including family and sexual violence. As part of this commitment sponsors are required to disclose criminal convictions they have had and/or charges awaiting legal action. Sponsors must also give the department permission to disclose any or all of the convictions to the visa applicant (s). Sponsors and partners should access more detailed information about Reducing Violence in the community in order to complete this form. The Sponsor declares that they: Have read and understood the information about Reducing violence in the community [and] Consent to the department disclosing convictions to the visa applicant(s)."

This is why they asked. It's not about "keeping you out", it's about protecting vulnerable visa applicants.

52 minutes ago, warmlightbulb said:

Form 888 statutory declaration from a supporting witness

53 minutes ago, warmlightbulb said:

This is all standard. The Forms 888 should have been provided with the application. The request for evidence from 2 years before the application date and the children's birth certificates is so they can grant the permanent visa straight away. The birth certificates are also evidence of your relationship.

If you have provided no information on the "social nature" of your relationship, the delegate is required by law to see evidence of this before they can grant the visa.

53 minutes ago, warmlightbulb said:

Additional question is where is this application being processed? I have seen references to London or Berlin on this thread, but I can`t see anything on the letter.

This information is provided in the actual s56 request email, in small print just below the delegate's name.

14 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

2 to 4 months is what we're seeing for UK based partner visa applicants where the application is close to being decision ready.

The key to a quick outcome is having the application decision ready.

Best regards.

By “decision ready” you mean all the evidence it’s a genuine and continuing relationship?

17 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

2 to 4 months is what we're seeing for UK based partner visa applicants where the application is close to being decision ready.

The key to a quick outcome is having the application decision ready.

Best regards.

16 hours ago, paulhand said:

Same here ... 

Hopefully it's a similar timeframe then. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello all my wife and I have just started are 309 application on line  I am 67 and she is 63 we are finding it all a bit daunting. Wife is Australian we have been together for nearly 20yrs now and married for nearly 18yrs. can anyone please tell me when filling out a online application do you use both lower and upper case letters or is it the same as you do for passports all capital letters we can't find the answer anywhere.

1 hour ago, martinaston2010 said:

Hello all my wife and I have just started are 309 application on line  I am 67 and she is 63 we are finding it all a bit daunting. 

Could you afford to get an agent to do the application for you?   it is rather a daunting process, isn't it?   Someone like Paul Hand (who posted below) could save you a lot of anxiety.

I know it is a cost, but it's not as expensive as doing it yourself, making a mistake and having the whole thing rejected. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, martinaston2010 said:

Hi  I am the wife have I have filled in most of the application but would be nice to have someone to check if what I have done is correct.ly and how to go about organizing all documentation . would you know roughly what the cost would be.

Drop me an email and we can discuss. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2022 at 16:44, paulhand said:

… and police checks, medicals etc in place as well. 

Cool perfect. I believe we are set. 🙂

We were in Russia for 6 months after the VISA was granted before we could make it back into Australia during Lockdown. Did quarantine and all that. 

Had a daughter and bought a house.

Edited by psuwara