I did get an email this morning saying "your application is progressing". 

I'm guessing that there are some delays going on, so it was good to get something, especially given it is now a year since we lodged 😞 At least we are luckier than some, my hubby is here in Australia with me. 

Since the Australian government urged all overseas Australians to go home, that would include most of them working in the embassies around the world would it not?

I don’t think we’ll be seeing grants out of London anytime soon to be honest. I applied 03/07/2019 out of London and havnt heard anything.

1 hour ago, Tmduk said:

Since the Australian government urged all overseas Australians to go home, that would include most of them working in the embassies around the world would it not?

I don’t think we’ll be seeing grants out of London anytime soon to be honest. I applied 03/07/2019 out of London and havnt heard anything.

Referred to those on holiday or away short term. Those working in consulates around the world are on long-term contracts for years, or even living permanently in those countries, They are still working. Consulates are not closed. 

Everything seems to have gone quiet, which I’m guessing confirms that indeed the Australian High Commission are either not working, or minimal staff or they’re doing all the visa preparation for approvals but won’t be able to approve any visas until travel restrictions have been lifted/ relaxed? Such annoying timing as there seemed to be so much movement! Anyone else thinking the same? I just want to hear back so we can start planning moving dates and flights etc... but also get there are bigger more important things going on just not knowing is the hardest...  

1 hour ago, Bjv002 said:

Everything seems to have gone quiet, which I’m guessing confirms that indeed the Australian High Commission are either not working, or minimal staff or they’re doing all the visa preparation for approvals but won’t be able to approve any visas until travel restrictions have been lifted/ relaxed? Such annoying timing as there seemed to be so much movement! Anyone else thinking the same? I just want to hear back so we can start planning moving dates and flights etc... but also get there are bigger more important things going on just not knowing is the hardest...  

I got an email from my migration agent. Basically what is happening is that they are prioritising onshore visa applications because a lot of people with their current visas, keeping them in Australia, will be expiring soon. They are still open and they are still working as normal but offshore applications are being slightly delayed due to their focus being on onshore applicants. Hopefully it should pick up soon, but in the meantime I guess we just have to be patient. We will get there, it's just a difficult time and not knowing where you stand is hard. Stay strong everyone. 

58 minutes ago, CloLou said:

I got an email from my migration agent. Basically what is happening is that they are prioritising onshore visa applications because a lot of people with their current visas, keeping them in Australia, will be expiring soon. They are still open and they are still working as normal but offshore applications are being slightly delayed due to their focus being on onshore applicants. Hopefully it should pick up soon, but in the meantime I guess we just have to be patient. We will get there, it's just a difficult time and not knowing where you stand is hard. Stay strong everyone. 

@CloLou Thank you for sharing your migration agent's info. That makes total sense, however gutting it is to have the offshore ones put on hold. We'd had an RFI and so were hoping things were going to happen quickly after that, but I can totally understand why they'd need to look after the onshore ones as a priority, especially with the travel restrictions in/out of the country. Hopefully this will mean that the requirement to leave Australia to activate a visa is also waived over this period, for those that are stuck in that particular limbo onshore - keeping my fingers crossed for those in that situation, I really feel for you guys.  To echo your words CloLou - stay strong everyone x 

Hi all,

We received the emails today, at exactly the same time: 309 and 100 Granted with a first entry by April 2 2021. Yippee! 

Thanks to the support from everyone on this forum - you kept us sane. Stay strong and all the very best.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

2 hours ago, MrsH said:

Hi all,

We received the emails today, at exactly the same time: 309 and 100 Granted with a first entry by April 2 2021. Yippee! 

Thanks to the support from everyone on this forum - you kept us sane. Stay strong and all the very best.

Great news, finally, much awaited movement is there. Hope this continues. Congratulations!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrsH said:

Hi all,

Congratulations! That's great news!!

• Like 1

Having to rethink our moving timeline with the current state of the world. Once the visa is approved, can the applicant fly to Australia to activate without the Australian spouse? Then do they have 5 years to migrate?

We've 3 kids under 5 so a holiday would cost a fortune and I'd be reluctant to have them on a flight anytime in the next 12 months. 

@Pneill and @Poppysunday was curious if you've managed to get anywhere with your visa grants. We are in the same position, should of been to NZ and back last week but just sitting in limbo. It's so frustrating as my husband is a care worker and we are living in regional Victoria, so he could be working and helping but can't. I contacted my local federal mp, who just read my correspondence with immigration and said, sorry because he's on a legal tourist visa, there's nothing they can do, he's not illegal. Never been so frustrated....you would think in the exceptional circumstance a bit of common sense would be applied and they grant them without all this added stress!

On 10/03/2020 at 01:56, Neill said:

Hi Everyone.

Just want to to share my joy & excitement.

Got the magic email this morning, with both my 309/100 visas being granted.

Initial application submitted June 2019,

RFI 11th February with the information being submitted 18th February.

Visas granted 9th March 🙂

Time to start planning.. Good luck everyone!

Hi Neil. Congratulations 🥳🥳 its good immgeration is working on visa.  

Which country did u applied ?? Did they called you for interview? 

19 hours ago, Donia said:

Hi Neil. Congratulations 🥳🥳 its good immgeration is working on visa.  

Which country did u applied ?? Did they called you for interview? 

Hi Donia

I applied in the UK.

No interview, just a request for some additional information. All quite straightforward. 

Hi, I’ve no news on visa grants but I did notice today (on my daily immi check) that processing time has changed to 13-21 months. 
The fact that have adjusted processing times slightly, gives me hope the department is still moving along albeit slowly. 

4 hours ago, lepea said:

Hi, I’ve no news on visa grants but I did notice today (on my daily immi check) that processing time has changed to 13-21 months. 
The fact that have adjusted processing times slightly, gives me hope the department is still moving along albeit slowly. 

Ah thats good news. We went through an agent so we can't check our account. We submitted our RFI at the end of March just before this all kicked off even more. Now that I've lost my job due the virus we're just looking for the good news so we can start moving preparations or start the job hunt again here and possibly have to move during the search

Hi everyone

just a quick question to all. Has anyone applied for a visa 600 in the past couple of months while waiting for their grant and if so how long did it take to receive the visa 600?

we still want to make the move by end of May as i am pregnant and want to travel early before birth but still waiting on grant so thinking of applying for 600 for my husband. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

19 hours ago, Shaggylom said:

Ah thats good news. We went through an agent so we can't check our account. We submitted our RFI at the end of March just before this all kicked off even more. Now that I've lost my job due the virus we're just looking for the good news so we can start moving preparations or start the job hunt again here and possibly have to move during the search

If you applied through an agent, you’re entitled to ask him for an updated 

19 minutes ago, Kayse said:

Hi everyone

just a quick question to all. Has anyone applied for a visa 600 in the past couple of months while waiting for their grant and if so how long did it take to receive the visa 600?

we still want to make the move by end of May as i am pregnant and want to travel early before birth but still waiting on grant so thinking of applying for 600 for my husband. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

It won’t do you any good as only citizens and permanent residents are currently allowed to enter Australia. The prime minister said just this morning that he has no plans to relax travel restrictions 

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

It won’t do you any good as only citizens and permanent residents are currently allowed to enter Australia. The prime minister said just this morning that he has no plans to relax travel restrictions 

I am an australian citizen and my husband is an immediate family member i thought that was allowed? 

1 hour ago, Kayse said:

Thank you for your response. I think were going to try for tourist visa. If we get it great if not then we will just have to wait till my husband has been granted 309/100. 

@Kayse My wife is currently in Australia with our son and having waited so long I applied for the 651 evisitor visa whilst my 309/100 visa is being decided and followed up with requesting an exemption to travel as an immediate family member. I had a response within 3 hours notifying me that my request had been accepted and my evisitor visa had also been granted at the same time. The exemption is valid for the duration of the evisitor visa and I plan on traveling to Australia mid-May. The link to apply for the travel exemption is below. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

• Like 1