I'm tired of the incessant sunshine and warmth. No wonder so many people want to go home!

MARYROSE02

We are dreading the Summer heat.Always have,The sand flies with teeth,the humidity, the restless hot nights trying to get to sleep.Sweating Just standing there and feeling wet.Afraid the Sunshine Coast has lost it's glow for us. Sunshine none stop every single day is over for us.It's back to the Beautiful English 4 seasons for us.Depending on the exchange rate.Afraid the Aussie $ could plummet to .30 to the pound, the way things are going. A lot of people are going to be trapped here, out of work and big mortgages to pay.

Didn't you go back to the UK to live not so long ago Zack. Bet you wish you had stayed there.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Did we went back for 12 months.And came back in 2013.To tell the Truth we Should have stayed ,But Our Daughter had a huge Problem.What can you do?I have wrote before saying i felt guilty for bringing our kids out here in the first place.I know it was a very long time ago.But our other 3 have married and gone to New Zealand,and She's left here on here own, She can't move because of her business,and dosen't want to.But i just couldn't stay under the circumstances,haven't even told her,we may be going back.When it comes down to it ,it's just money.And that can always be made up again.

We Did we went back for 12 months.And came back in 2013.To tell the Truth we Should have stayed ,But Our Daughter had a huge Problem.What can you do?I have wrote before saying i felt guilty for bringing our kids out here in the first place.I know it was a very long time ago.But our other 3 have married and gone to New Zealand,and She's left here on here own, She can't move because of her business,and dosen't want to.But i just couldn't stay under the circumstances,haven't even told her,we may be going back.When it comes down to it ,it's just money.And that can always be made up again.

Well Zack. I have every sympathy for your daughter if she had a "huge problem", and for you if that was your reason for returning, but anyone reading at the time would have had no inkling as to the above because all you ever wrote about was that you were coming back to Oz because the UK had "had it" Everything you wrote was about how crap the Uk was and how wonderful Oz was with it's mateship blah blah blah. You even told one poster who was looking for friends to bin the idea of pommie friends and look to friendship with Aussies who you wrote about in glowing terms and who you have since derided....it's all there mate...........in your past posts.

So let's get real "mate" (as those "true blues" would say, that in the past, you have either described in glowing terms or, depending on your situation/location in less glowing terms) and paint the true picture to those migrants who are about to make one of the most difficult decisions in their life. Do you plead that the UK is the bees knees and that you only returned due to unfortunate domestic circumstances, thereby elliciting symapthy for your plight and that you came back "under duress" or do you "fess up" and point them to your past posts, explaining your reason for returning to Oz such as the posts below, and BTW, I hope you have your head screwed on if your description below from such a short time ago is the nirvana that you hope to return to (again) and where you are advising folk to stay. Really mate, you have reached rock bottom when all you can do is excuse your ping ponging by way of a domestic misfortune when clearly in the past, your vitriol towards both countries illustrates very clearly how vindictive you can be to both countrie their populace, their politicians, and in particular, your past racist rants, purely based on "whatever way the wind blows" for you.

"We have been back 7 months and hate it,we lived in Aussie 27 years and all my Aussie mates said i would never get on in the UK,YOUR TOO Aussie.They were so right.WE can't stand the way the once proud British People have been so Brow beaten.by British Governments.They are now second class citizens in their own country,Ruled by Brussels,and a lap dog Tory Government that followers their rules to the letter.My god it realy is pathetic.I have to admit the English countryside is second to none,but thats where it ends.The Banks,Insrance Companies,Councils,The Utillity Companies.Anyone in Authority are running one big RACKET.Today in the TIMES of all papers,say since Tories took office the wealthy have doubled their wealth.while everyone else has been cut to the bone,even the armed forces.And the Tories have printed and Borrowed Billions,to spend on the wealthy and overseas countries.Even paid millions to the Muslim Brotherhood to form a government in EGYPT and it all went pearshaped.The Tories are forever looking for somewhere to start a war.Can't rant on anymore it's so depressing here honest..Just can't wait to get back home to Australia.

"It won't be funny when you get back here.England is nomore,It's gone.That is if you left about 8 years ago.The Beaut Scenery ,depending where you live is the only thing left.The Tories are wanting to get workers on ZERO hour contracts.They reckon they have done such a good job,getting the uemployment down by creating 2 million jobs on Zero hours.But they are only getting a average of 16 hours p/w, when the boss wants you,some bosses won't let them go and get another job.The Tories say flexable hours it so good for the Employer.It's Britains way for the future.The other problem is Immigration cheap labour is pouring into the country at 300,000 p/a/ Minority ethnics bosses,like the Poles will only employ their own.English are finding it hard to get work.Although the Tory Media says it's because they are lazy.And won't work for what the immigrant will work for.And of course these immigrants from Eastern Block Countries will live in anything anywhere.Some people have rented garden sheds out to them.Do What you have to do.Leave Australia if you want to.But don't burn your Bridges.I thought i knew it all after 27 years in Australia.Iv'e sold my house and can't wait to get back to happy Queensland.It's so easy in Australia.And they all speak English,well sort of.When i landed at Heathrow i thought we were in India.We stayed at friends in the Midlands for a while,i thought we where in the middle east.In North London and South London it's like Jamica.My friends Daughter was the only white girl i saw.And we arrived here October 2013.It realy is a shocker.

Edited by Johndoe

We are dreading the Summer heat.Always have,The sand flies with teeth,the humidity, the restless hot nights trying to get to sleep..............Sweating Just standing there and feeling wet.It's back to the Beautiful English 4 seasons for us.

So the obvious question is....why didn't you come back to a cooler part of Australia with 4 seasons - where you didn't have to put up with sweating, restless hot nights and sandflies?

We are dreading the Summer heat.Always have,The sand flies with teeth,the humidity, the restless hot nights trying to get to sleep.Sweating Just standing there and feeling wet.Afraid the Sunshine Coast has lost it's glow for us. Sunshine none stop every single day is over for us.It's back to the Beautiful English 4 seasons for us.Depending on the exchange rate.Afraid the Aussie $ could plummet to .30 to the pound, the way things are going. A lot of people are going to be trapped here, out of work and big mortgages to pay.

so you stayed in Australia for over 20 years or near that and ranted loads. Then came back to the UK and ranted. Then went back to aus and now you're coming back? Hope it's all you want it to be this time and that you're happy (genuinely mean that)

Ahhh

Spring has sprung in Sydney.

It is my very favourite time of year.

Beautiful blossoms on the trees.

The sun glistening over the water in the valley was a sight to behold yesterday.

Warm enough for a beach visit but without the heat and humidity of high summer.

And the sunrise over Palm Beach this morning was picture perfect.

The sort of days that make you feel………happy and grateful to be alive.

I will be packing my thermals away tonight. :smile:

My favourite time of year in the UK was Indian Summers..........you don't really get those in Sydney.

Ahhh

Spring has sprung in Sydney.

It is my very favourite time of year.

Beautiful blossoms on the trees.

The sun glistening over the water in the valley was a sight to behold yesterday.

Warm enough for a beach visit but without the heat and humidity of high summer.

And the sunrise over Palm Beach this morning was picture perfect.

The sort of days that make you feel………happy and grateful to be alive.

I will be packing my thermals away tonight. [emoji2]

My favourite time of year in the UK was Indian Summers..........you don't really get those in Sydney.

Indian winters perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...
Well Zack. I have every sympathy for your daughter if she had a "huge problem", and for you if that was your reason for returning, but anyone reading at the time would have had no inkling as to the above because all you ever wrote about was that you were coming back to Oz because the UK had "had it" Everything you wrote was about how crap the Uk was and how wonderful Oz was with it's mateship blah blah blah. You even told one poster who was looking for friends to bin the idea of pommie friends and look to friendship with Aussies who you wrote about in glowing terms and who you have since derided....it's all there mate...........in your past posts.

So let's get real "mate" (as those "true blues" would say, that in the past, you have either described in glowing terms or, depending on your situation/location in less glowing terms) and paint the true picture to those migrants who are about to make one of the most difficult decisions in their life. Do you plead that the UK is the bees knees and that you only returned due to unfortunate domestic circumstances, thereby elliciting symapthy for your plight and that you came back "under duress" or do you "fess up" and point them to your past posts, explaining your reason for returning to Oz such as the posts below, and BTW, I hope you have your head screwed on if your description below from such a short time ago is the nirvana that you hope to return to (again) and where you are advising folk to stay. Really mate, you have reached rock bottom when all you can do is excuse your ping ponging by way of a domestic misfortune when clearly in the past, your vitriol towards both countries illustrates very clearly how vindictive you can be to both countrie their populace, their politicians, and in particular, your past racist rants, purely based on "whatever way the wind blows" for you.

"We have been back 7 months and hate it,we lived in Aussie 27 years and all my Aussie mates said i would never get on in the UK,YOUR TOO Aussie.They were so right.WE can't stand the way the once proud British People have been so Brow beaten.by British Governments.They are now second class citizens in their own country,Ruled by Brussels,and a lap dog Tory Government that followers their rules to the letter.My god it realy is pathetic.I have to admit the English countryside is second to none,but thats where it ends.The Banks,Insrance Companies,Councils,The Utillity Companies.Anyone in Authority are running one big RACKET.Today in the TIMES of all papers,say since Tories took office the wealthy have doubled their wealth.while everyone else has been cut to the bone,even the armed forces.And the Tories have printed and Borrowed Billions,to spend on the wealthy and overseas countries.Even paid millions to the Muslim Brotherhood to form a government in EGYPT and it all went pearshaped.The Tories are forever looking for somewhere to start a war.Can't rant on anymore it's so depressing here honest..Just can't wait to get back home to Australia.

"It won't be funny when you get back here.England is nomore,It's gone.That is if you left about 8 years ago.The Beaut Scenery ,depending where you live is the only thing left.The Tories are wanting to get workers on ZERO hour contracts.They reckon they have done such a good job,getting the uemployment down by creating 2 million jobs on Zero hours.But they are only getting a average of 16 hours p/w, when the boss wants you,some bosses won't let them go and get another job.The Tories say flexable hours it so good for the Employer.It's Britains way for the future.The other problem is Immigration cheap labour is pouring into the country at 300,000 p/a/ Minority ethnics bosses,like the Poles will only employ their own.English are finding it hard to get work.Although the Tory Media says it's because they are lazy.And won't work for what the immigrant will work for.And of course these immigrants from Eastern Block Countries will live in anything anywhere.Some people have rented garden sheds out to them.Do What you have to do.Leave Australia if you want to.But don't burn your Bridges.I thought i knew it all after 27 years in Australia.Iv'e sold my house and can't wait to get back to happy Queensland.It's so easy in Australia.And they all speak English,well sort of.When i landed at Heathrow i thought we were in India.We stayed at friends in the Midlands for a while,i thought we where in the middle east.In North London and South London it's like Jamica.My friends Daughter was the only white girl i saw.And we arrived here October 2013.It realy is a shocker.

Johndoe your bang on the button with your comments about the UK. Everyone is treated like a second class citizen while the rich get richer and the general public have to take a bite of the s**t sandwich! All in this together!!

I had swim at Red Leaf on Sat evening and noticed the water definitely felt warmer. In June/July/Aug it was bearable but definitely not warm! (I'm more of a 6.30 pm swimmer, though if I lived on the beach I'd probably do the mornings too. I like to go in the late arvo, then if it is warm enough, just hang out at the beach for a couple of hours.

I had swim at Red Leaf on Sat evening and noticed the water definitely felt warmer. In June/July/Aug it was bearable but definitely not warm! (I'm more of a 6.30 pm swimmer, though if I lived on the beach I'd probably do the mornings too. I like to go in the late arvo, then if it is warm enough, just hang out at the beach for a couple of hours.

i imagine it's chilly Baltic in the winter!

Yep it's terrible weather here... :-)

I personally have issues with lack of sunlight, and whilst I never got depressed in the UK, I definitely never felt that happy with dark days, waking up in the dark and going home in the dark.

Living in the Middle East was the exact opposite, sun sun sun almost every single day, only the occasional cloud. I like the weather here in Sydney, and as a private pilot I've only cancelled one flight in the last few weeks because of weather, and that was because of turbulent air more then anything else. In the UK, I could occasionally go weeks without flying.

Summer and winter here we go walking most afternoons/evenings by the river, occasionally have to wear a jumper in winter but thats about it.

For some people weather is important, for us it definitely works with our lifestyle to have a lot of sun.

It is intensely hot in Sydney today not that pleasant to walk in but still infinitely more pleasant than being somewhere cold. Or even just " Autumnal!"

Went for a walk in Southampton today. The sun was shining, I was nice and warm in a thick jumper but could feel the fresh wind nipping at my fingers and nose, trees turning a lovely shade of red in the park, conkers everywhere. I'd much rather be walking in that, than in a sweaty Sydney heatwave.

Went for a walk in Southampton today. The sun was shining, I was nice and warm in a thick jumper but could feel the fresh wind nipping at my fingers and nose, trees turning a lovely shade of red in the park, conkers everywhere. I'd much rather be walking in that, than in a sweaty Sydney heatwave.

That's the great thing about people, we are all different with our variety of wants and needs. What suits one, doesn't suit another.

Its certainly a hot day in Brisbane today, yesterday was lovely too, its sure heating up for summer. The kids even had the first swim in the pool (even though the water was freezing and they didnt last much more than 30 mins,lol). Part of the reason for moving here was for more consistent hot weather so we certainly ticked that box,lol.

Cal x

Whenever I saw conkers out on my bike, I could never resist picking them up, feeling guilty for depriving some "nippers" of them. But I used to put them out on a wall somewhere in the village later on, after dark.