I'm tired of the incessant sunshine and warmth. No wonder so many people want to go home!

MARYROSE02

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Manly. Spent many a happy time there and never observed foul mouthed drunks or druggies shooting up. Might be different at night though.

Yes. Unfortunately at night Manly is full of pommy backpackers who are often foul mouthed drunks. Some guy from Liverpool once tried to sell me a tab of acid. At least I think that is what he said. Alcohol and Liverpudlian accent are a strange mix on the ears. Quite nice area during the day but I avoid at night.

I think I'm staying in the Coogee sands hotel apartments for 2 nights before my hostel. Have you heard of it?

Haha my friend got me the hat and flags. My other friend brought fosters that she has left over from the other weekend and didn't even click with the Australian connection until we mentioned it lol. I don't like beer so I only drank past the neck and then they had the rest

Yes. Unfortunately at night Manly is full of pommy backpackers who are often foul mouthed drunks. Some guy from Liverpool once tried to sell me a tab of acid. At least I think that is what he said. Alcohol and Liverpudlian accent are a strange mix on the ears. Quite nice area during the day but I avoid at night.

I wasn't aware that Manly had such a nasty reputation? I guess Bondi and Coogee must be the same given the no of backpackers there?

Yes nice.

Better than Bondi in my opinion.

More laid-back.........less poseurs!

Now my my SS. That is a very impressive outfit you have on. Love the cork hat. But what on earth are you drinking? Not Fosters I hope - I just don't know how they train the cats!

Like a small scale Bondi so hard to park but easier to walk around. I nearly drive home from Bronte tonight via Coogee.

I was originally going straight to wake up hostel but the other girls are booked into that place and one isn't coming to Australia anymore so her space is filled. So I thought I'd go there instead and get some peace and quiet before I go on this tour since I think it'll be quite hectic

You are going on a tour now? I'm not up to speed with your plans!>

I never knew you had said you would lol. Well they offer free drop offs to the hostel, my package doesn't start till the 6th. They were originally saying to me to not arrive early but I said no way am I starting my package with jetlag. But now I think I'm staying in coogee for the first 2 nights then me and the girls will travel to wake up hostel

I never knew you had said you would lol. Well they offer free drop offs to the hostel, my package doesn't start till the 6th. They were originally saying to me to not arrive early but I said no way am I starting my package with jetlag. But now I think I'm staying in coogee for the first 2 nights then me and the girls will travel to wake up hostel

Richard the Gers manager of the Strawbo asked after you last night. "when is you Scottish friend arriving? "