I'm tired of the incessant sunshine and warmth. No wonder so many people want to go home!

MARYROSE02

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is is geared for the bad weather in the North! The flip side to that is the fantastic indoor facilities, huge sport centres everywhere. Right now I'm looking at The Chill Factor, an indoor alpine ski slope. Amazing.

I agree, the short winter days are depressing, I'm still enjoying my glass of wine in the garden at 8pm though, not bad for Sept. :wink:

Envy, I don't even live close to a decent dry slope.

I have had the heating on for a few hours most days since beginning of September (SE England). And I am finding it a bit nippy when I go into the garden with the dog, but I think I just need to dress for it better, I have forgotten about putting on layers and jumpers!

What's with these never ending 'oh the weather is like this at the moment in Sydney' threads ? Seriously I would like to think most people aren't shallow enough to be so concerned about the weather. As for comparing the weather between the 2 countries, get over it. People don't come to the UK for the weather or go to Australia for culture or history.

Winter in the south is only really four months. The weather doesn't bother me. We check the forecast and attack the day if it's good. If it's not, we swim, play squash, roller skate or go to the driving range. Plenty to do on a rainy day. It's the lack of sunlight that gets me down.

Haha, oh come on you're kidding yourself, winter here lasts for at least 13 months.

It's not even the middle of September, and apart from the odd, and welcome shower, all we are seeing here in Sydney is sun, sun, sun, and after chilly mornings, warm, warm, warm.

Don't come to Australia if you can't put up with at least eight months of this ever year, followed by what, in England, would be classed as summer, not winter!

Just read this post and some of the replies .

It has long been established that the sun shines a lot in Australia .....my question to you personally is" have you got anything else to inform us of ,that doesn't include sun and beaches ".

Iam aware for some people that's enough ,but its the repetition.

I could post a host of stunning places in western Europe as a reply,some of which I visited this summer ,but I cant be arsed .....the weather was 41c in Rome and 38cin Venice ...too hot to be honest .

I would hang fire with your sun,sun,sun posts until the Australian summer is over if I was you ....

TBH

Most of the threads are becoming the same old boring crap as Aus is pants and the UK is this or that

The UK was and for me will always be a great place to live and noone posting in here will ever change my view on that because I lived there for over 40 years

But for the last 5 years I've lived in Australia

I now have a new country to explore and enjoy and you know something it's pretty damn good living here also

When someone posts a thread saying how Aus is this and the UK is that in this poll or that poll

Does it actually matter

NO

But I will always correct some one who speaks of where I live now because I live it

But I do have a good laugh in the UK vs Aus threads :laugh:

I would like to think most people aren't shallow enough to be so concerned about the weather.

What's shallow about it? Are you saying that because weather is high on somebody's list they're shallow? What if they suffer from Raynauds, the reason that we came to Qld in preference to anywhere else in Oz? Is it still shallow if it's high on their list then?

Folk have all kind of reasons for being concerned about the weather and IMHO there's nothing shallow about it all

Edited by Johndoe

Guest The Pom Queen
Ur lucky you don't live in central or far north Queensland!!!!!

We have been in Townsville for around 7/8 months now if you include the time in hospital prior to the move and we have not had one day of rain.

Guest The Pom Queen
What's with these never ending 'oh the weather is like this at the moment in Sydney' threads ? Seriously I would like to think most people aren't shallow enough to be so concerned about the weather. As for comparing the weather between the 2 countries, get over it. People don't come to the UK for the weather or go to Australia for culture or history.

Why does it bother you at all? If you don't like the weather threads don't read.

Guest The Pom Queen
That's terrible for the wildlife and the flora, well for people also. I couldn't stand that.

Not really you find the flora and fauna adapted over the years.

Guest The Pom Queen
Where's the fun in not reading threads lol. It's just ridiculous, oh today it was 17c and it's winter and it's warmer than the UK. How many times do we need to know the temperature in Sydney ? :laugh:

That's your opinion, people moving to Australia or us in Australia love knowing what's happening elsewhere. Just stop spoiling threads.

Guest The Pom Queen
We always found the wildlife suffered terribly from droughts. I would be surprised they have adapted in what is a normally wet area.

That just shows you know nothing about up here. Townsville is dry tropics not wet tropics.

That's your opinion, people moving to Australia or us in Australia love knowing what's happening elsewhere. Just stop spoiling threads.

Why does it spoil threads ? Someone else also commented and said the same thing. Why is it different to people in Australia continually commenting on UK threads, it's the same surely ?