An amazing man...

Elliott-Family

just wanted to share my sad news with you, last night my amazing dad died suddenly of a massive stroke or heart attack, thankgoodness i was able to be with him, although he prob wouldnt of known i was there.

My dad was the best and will leave a massive massive hole in my life with him not being here.

If things were meant to be this is why my house as not sold so as to enable me to be with him, how much worse it would of been if i had already left for oz.

For now i take strenght from the fact he wanted me to follow mine and his dream of taking my family to oz and i will persue this with a vengance now.

RIP daddy and grandy, we'lll miss you so much

Claire x

Guest guest33730
just wanted to share my sad news with you, last night my amazing dad died suddenly of a massive stroke or heart attack, thankgoodness i was able to be with him, although he prob wouldnt of known i was there.

My dad was the best and will leave a massive massive hole in my life with him not being here.

If things were meant to be this is why my house as not sold so as to enable me to be with him, how much worse it would of been if i had already left for oz.

For now i take strenght from the fact he wanted me to follow mine and his dream of taking my family to oz and i will persue this with a vengance now.

Claire x

Claire,

So sorry to hear your sad news but so impressed with your attitude. It's funny how things can seem frustrating while we are going through them (like houses not selling) but it's not until afterwards that we realise that it might have been for the best.

I'm glad you were able to be with him at the end and really glad that you feel able to pursue your move with a vengeance now - I think your dad would be proud of you.

Daniel

I am so sorry to hear your news xx

and your dad knew you were there xxxx

and what is meant be will be xx

good luck for the future although probley the last thing you want to think about x

thinking about you at this sad time x

kind regards xx

carole

:hug:

Claire x

My condolences Claire, my dad passed 8 years ago on Easter Monday and I didnt go round on Easter Sunday to collect my Easter Egg. I had a message on my answer phone saying he loved me and he would see me later, he died before I got to go round.

You have to be a rock for family whilst hurting on the inside, its tough but it will help in the long run and its fate that you were not this far away and not there with him.

Take care

Sean

Guest bindog1uk

Thinking of you Claire, your dad will always be with you and your family wherever you are, love has no distance. He would be proud to know that you are going to fullfill your dreams and he will give you the strength to do it! Take care, Lesley

Guest Guest31881

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I am sure your father would know you were there.

I believe he would want you to follow the dream you both shared of moving, and do it knowing that your father is watching over you and will guide you.

God Bless and best wished for the future.

Hi Claire

I know you don't know me, but i am sorry for your loss and can truely emphasise as I lost my parents within 2 years of each other when i was far to young to not have my mum and dad.

Things happen for a reason and I'm sure that my dad held on to make sure I was Ok. I had a sorted career but made bad choices with men, he died a few months after my now hubby proposed safe in the knowledge I had a good man! And i sure they help me now -little random things that seem to happen out the blue for no reason that make me think of them!

Take care during this difficult time.

Rose x

oh, hunny, my thoughts are with you, keep those positive thoughts, the next couple of weeks will be very hard I am sure . . . . . . .

I lost my Dad just over a year ago. Dad was diagnosed with an agressive cancer 3 weeks after we landed in Oz. He was staying with my sister, in Melbourne and fully intended to make the move permanent. He had already started to make a life here and loved the place.

Our house sold suddenly after being on the market for nearly 2 years, we got cash buyers and moved to Oz within six weeks in Sept 2008, Dad was diagnosed around the 10th Oct and passed away on 3rd March 2009.

If our house had not sold we would have been still in the UK and Dad would have been in Australia. I believe that our house sold when it did to enable me to be with him and my sister during this time and to spend the time with him during his last days. I did not have to worry about getting a full time job because we could stay in a house my sister had just bought with an unexpected windfall. this meant I could spend a lot of time with Dad, we had some really good talks about family history and life in general.

It really sucks to lose your parents, both of mine have gone now. My Mum went suddenly from a massive stroke too.

One of the things Dad and I talked about a lot was how important it was to get on with your life and do the things you wanted to do, not to let things stand in your way, better to get on and do something than regret not doing something.

Stay strong and hug the ones you love often, I am sure your Dad is watching over you and your family as you get through the next couple of months.

take care

My condolences claire

Im in a similar situation,i believe things are fated,we "could" have been in australia anytime from june 08 onwards,but house didnt sell etc,so we decided to stay and wait till things pick up here,at the time it was dissapointing,but i now(like you) believe it was fated.

Now i/we are at home at a time when we will be needed most,and "now" im glad we didnt sell up and move.

Well done on still going for the move,just as your dad would have wanted.

Good luck claire

Guest siamsusie

Dear Claire,

:hug:so sad to hear of your loss, when you arrive over here, try and plant a beautiful tree in your father's honour and memory... a wee place to sit under to spend some quiet times. Wishing you so much strength in the next months. Love Susie x

Guest guest17301

Claire,

So sorry for your loss. Take each day as it comes, be kind to yourself and slowly you will begin to make sense of this awful time. Love and best wishes to you and your family.

Fiona x

Guest Magnetic6

We most certainly are thinking of you, i had tears in my eyes reading your sad news.

Wishing you and your family lots of love and strength:hug:

Hi Claire,

So sorry to here your sad and unfortunate news, all our hearts go out to you and your family,and we hope that you can find the strength in your heart to push on and pursue your dream of joining us in a new life in Australia.

Wishing you all a peaceful time

Rich.x

Just reading your lovely post about whom it appears was a lovely man it is coming up to March 11th my mum will have been dead 2 years. Last year I was down and miserable thinking of my life without her, this year we are awaiting our 457 to fly out next month to Sydney and all I can think of is how pleased she would have been to see us doing this and giving ourselves a new life, this anniversary will pass with my life feeling more settled than it has done for many years.

Sorry for your loss Claire but like you I think your dad would take comfort in you following your dream xx

Archived