Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, MikenC said:

Just woke up to our visas being granted. It's turned into one of those great days!!!!!!!??

Congrats MikenC, would you please let us know when did you lodge your visa application and when were you requested for the 2nd Vac Payment. 

It"ll be a great help for us. Thanks

15 minutes ago, Faran Muzaffar said:

Congrats MikenC, would you please let us know when did you lodge your visa application and when were you requested for the 2nd Vac Payment. 

It"ll be a great help for us. Thanks

Thanks. All my time line is in my signature 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikenC said:

Just woke up to our visas being granted. It's turned into one of those great days!!!!!!!??

Congratulations!!! May I ask you on that on the 2nd vac requested letter, what date does it stated that you have to enter Australia by if the visa is granted? Thanks

3 hours ago, MikenC said:

. . . . ? is only a day awayyyyyyy?

Us too!

3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days ( . . Well 2 - but 3 sounds better!) after lodgement. Congrats to all and hang on in there roomies!

M

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hannah HD said:

Congratulations!!! May I ask you on that on the 2nd vac requested letter, what date does it stated that you have to enter Australia by if the visa is granted? Thanks

03/07/2018 and no later than 03/01/2019

3 hours ago, Jay Nguyen said:

Hi guys, 

I've been following this space for a while now and we have been requested for the 2nd VAC payment recently so we are expecting our VISA grant later this month. 

I just want to share my experience and my observations over the last 40 months (particular from the invitation to provide supporting documents to the final stage) with everyone in the forums and hopefully that you will find them informative, and comforting to know that we're not alone in this journey. Feel free to ask any questions 

We have lodged our on 19.03.15, you will be able to see the complete timeline below. Similar to everyone, we were invited to provide supporting documents in early October. Below is a number of observations that I was able to note since following blog posts, forum and comparing to my experience. Hope you find this helpful. 

Observations regarding PVC requests and responses

1. Replies and requests from the PVC teams seemed to be sent out in batched and they commonly falls on a Monday/ the start of the week (if the Monday is a public holiday, we do get responses on a Tuesday).  It almost seemed like all replies are held back for a particular release dates or a response period. They seemed to be active every 3 weeks

• If you look at recent posts: 
  • Note that it is 3 weeks apart! Let's see if this is true on the 24/7?

2. The lead time for getting responses from the PVC team after  our documents submission are consistently exactly around the 3 weeks marks. (This may vary)

• In our experience, we are constantly getting requested for documents and I have timed our activities with the PVC and it is always 3 weeks! So some of you might find this info interesting. I'm sure there are different cases.  If anyone has a different experience, please do share

3. Invitation to provide additional documents may come very early, subsequent response maybe dependant on the "75% application processing period".

• In our case, we complete AoS, health examinations and the initial request very early in January (our 33rd month). At this time, The "75% application processing period" is at 36th months. And coincidentally,  on 19.03.18 (the exact 36 months milestone since our lodgement in 2015), we started to get subsequent requests from them. This is when the lead time for PVC communication with us kicks in (consistently hearing from them 3 weeks after we send in anything). 

Application with Dependant child:

• In our experience, the dependant must meet the criterion of a dependant child at the time of lodgement (22 in our case) and maintain a full time and dependency status until the visa grant (26 at the moment). 
  • In April 2018, we are requested to provide provide additional proof to prove that the dependant application is still dependent. This is where the headache and anxiety really kicked in. 
    • We have previously provided the receipts of tuition and expenses along with the questionnaire responses in March.
    • However, the were not enough, PVC requests us the following:
      • evidence that tax invoices were paid by the dependant's parents - if paid by them
      • Evidence to support the Dependency Questionaire, that cash were given to the Dependant/ or his relatives during his overseas trips to pay for expenses. This includes the parent's bank statements, deposit, money declared to Customs at airports to clarify the money trails of these cash payment
    • It was a very exhausting processes of tracing old bank accounts history, (including those that were closed many years ago) passport trips history and declare through statutory declaration statement by a number of involved relatives to prove this money trail. So to all of those who applied recently do think via bank transfer and keep your receipts! Very important and save you lots of headaches later on. 

That's just our experience. Hope you find this info helpful. Feel free to ask me any questions. Happy to share our experience. 

It's been a long journey but It's almost over. We're very happy. 

Hang in there and good luck everyone. 

Thanks for sharing Jay. Some useful information. Confirmed to me some applicants were asked for docs in October yet ours was November and we APPLIED the 6th Feb 2016 before them. So no strict date order.

1 hour ago, Merryweather said:

. . . . ? is only a day awayyyyyyy?

Us too!

3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days ( . . Well 2 - but 3 sounds better!) after lodgement. Congrats to all and hang on in there roomies!

M

Congratulations! My parents agent is UK based so if they are lucky to get the golden ticket today then they've yet to hear. Kind of hoping for tomorrow as it will be exactly 6yrs to the day since we got ours! 

• Like 1

Hi Rosiejaq,

As Ant111 posted, there seems to be no logic to when you will hear! We lodged March '15 and didn't get request for docs unti Jan '18. Others who lodged at same time heard back in Oct '17. You MIGHT get request before others who lodged May, June or July - you never know!?

BUT IT WILL HAPPEN . . . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merryweather said:

Hi Rosiejaq,

As Ant111 posted, there seems to be no logic to when you will hear! We lodged March '15 and didn't get request for docs unti Jan '18. Others who lodged at same time heard back in Oct '17. You MIGHT get request before others who lodged May, June or July - you never know!?

BUT IT WILL HAPPEN . . . 

Thanks Merryweather!   As we all know...it’s the waiting...waiting...waiting...........???

• Like 1

My parents just had a call from their agent and have finally received their visa

So happy right now. ?

I can't thank you enough for getting me through it. You are all marvellous and I wish you all the very best in this parent visa roller coaster!

Cheers, 

Clare x

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

My parents just had a call from their agent and have finally received their visa

So happy right now. ?

I can't thank you enough for getting me through it. You are all marvellous and I wish you all the very best in this parent visa roller coaster!

Cheers, 

Clare x

???

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

So happy right now. ?

Cheers, 

Clare x

Congratulations Claire, A long and stressful wait but all worth it in the end.

• Like 1

For those that were asked for additional documents did that include bank statements? The reason I am asking is that I want to start transferring funds across to my daughters bank account as the ROE is pretty good at the moment and wanted to transfer before BREXIT starts taking effect and the ROE drops down to 1.56 as it did when it was 1st announced. It currently sits at 1.79.

I don't want to end up sending a statement with nothing in it if I needed to prove I have funds.

Much appreciated and living vigorously through those that received visas today!

173 Lodged 30.10.15 / acknowledged payment receipt 02.11.15

47 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

For those that were asked for additional documents did that include bank statements? The reason I am asking is that I want to start transferring funds across to my daughters bank account

I think you'd be wiser not to take the chance.  I believe you can open an Australian bank account in your own name, so it would be worth looking into that.

The other option is to transfer money into Australian dollars with a company like Moneycorp.    We opened an account with Moneycorp when we were moving countries.  We chose a good time to transfer, then just let the money sit in our account until we were ready.  You can't get a bank statement from them though, as they're not a bank - however you could enquire whether they could give you some kind of statement showing you have the funds.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Depp said:

So happy right now. ?

Cheers, 

Clare x

Aaaaaaha ? Happy to hear that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

For those that were asked for additional documents did that include bank statements? The reason I am asking is that I want to start transferring funds across to my daughters bank account as the ROE is pretty good at the moment and wanted to transfer before BREXIT starts taking effect and the ROE drops down to 1.56 as it did when it was 1st announced. It currently sits at 1.79.

I don't want to end up sending a statement with nothing in it if I needed to prove I have funds.

Much appreciated and living vigorously through those that received visas today!

173 Lodged 30.10.15 / acknowledged payment receipt 02.11.15

I don't think you need to prove you have funds as a parent visa applicant, you just need to be ready to make the 2nd VAC payment when the time comes. If you live in the UK you can open an AUD account here with Westpac bank and you also get 3% on your savings.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I don't think you need to prove you have funds as a parent visa applicant, you just need to be ready to make the 2nd VAC payment when the time comes. If you live in the UK you can open an AUD account here with Westpac bank and you also get 3% on your savings.

I agree - they didn't ask for bank statements - just the money at the end. Agree about  opening a Westpac account,  too. When they ask for the ??, at the end, you transfer it from yr Oz account to yr daughter's then she can get the bank cheque to send off in Australia!

• Thanks 1

I was thinking of opening a Westpac a/c here - what sort of fees do they charge for transferring to a Westpac a/c in Aus?  I have always used Moneycorp but in the longer term it might be more convenient to use Westpac/Westpac internet transfers.

Morning Everyone ,I have lodged 143 back in 2nd oct 2015 , i haven't heard anything yet , not even got requested for AOS or further docs ,is it normal i was rading the forum people got requested for AOS or further docs 4-6 month in advance 

secondly : Do i need marriage certificate of my parents 

please reply anyone 

5 hours ago, rajk said:

Morning Everyone ,I have lodged 143 back in 2nd oct 2015 , i haven't heard anything yet , not even got requested for AOS or further docs ,is it normal i was rading the forum people got requested for AOS or further docs 4-6 month in advance 

secondly : Do i need marriage certificate of my parents 

please reply anyone 

yes ,they asked me as well but as my mom was in Australia that time so couldn't provide it . I  provided ration card copy instead .